Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
80 SC on PCAR

Anyone believe the miles listed for this car? 29K
I really like the color combination. And the car appears to be clean and 100% original to me. Others may spot something. If the miles are correct then this would be a nice stock SC to have.
The repair receipts seem fishy. Maybe the service writer at the shop was the issue, but every receipt with miles correction. Could have Dicklexia like Raw.

https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/1980-porsche-911-sc/

Old 03-15-2019, 06:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Recreational User

From the pictures I'd say the condition backs up the mileage. There are lots of cross outs and corrections in other places too.

But what bothers me is they state that the PTS is in Prussian Blue, which was first offered in 1985. I've owned two Prussian Blue Porsches and this paint looks very close, but not quite the same. The seller states no paintwork, but the paint meter indicates at least one panel has been repainted. I would venture to say that the seller is either not being truthful about the original paint, or is unaware that it was repainted prior to his ownership. Prussian Blue was only offered in 1985 and 86. Also, the factory only indicates option code 999-paint to sample, but not the actual color name. How do they know it's Prussian Blue? There's an untold story here.
Old 03-15-2019, 07:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
gearhead

As a kid Prussian was my absolute favorite 911 color. My first 911 was a 1970 targa that had been repainted Prussian. If this car checks out it appears to be a winner, but it has a few stories, eh?
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 03-15-2019, 07:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
I'll have to check my book on the pain color offerings for 80.
My COA also states PST 99 and my car was ordered with a 924 only color. The only way I can prove it is because I have the sales order contract with the color written out.
So if this color was offered for another model it is possible. That would make this car even more rare if you can connect the dots with proof.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

If I were a bidder I would assume it’s a TMU car, and nothing more. These questionable markings on the service invoices aren’t going away, and what makes them even worse is that all of the corrections appear to be around the mileage alone, the rest of the handwriting is left as is. The color is cool, but don’t overpay for it by bidding as though this car has only driven 29k miles in its life. It’s driven more than that in my opinion.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

The seller thinks the shroud part # is the engine #����

“Steve911 (seller) 2 hours, 45 minutesago

The engine number can be found on the picture of the fan shroud. The shop that did the work was Automotive Performance Solutions in Pennington, NJ. Their number is 609-303-0607. Any potential bidders should feel free to call them to discuss the work done and the condition of the car. Thanks.”
Old 03-15-2019, 08:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I doubt this car is going to hit reserve so it might be worth checking out closely after the auction is over. How could anyone bid with confidence on this SC when they post up invoices like this....Brakes pads at 03557 miles and someone wrote in "you might want to keep old brake pads, they are OK to use in an emergency" in different penmanship.
That is some straight up Jersey s**t. Hahaha.

This PCAR Market is really picking winners to launch it's new site. Can't wait to watch the Magnus auction - https://www.goodingco.com/vehicle/1972-porsche-911-str-ii/

Old 03-15-2019, 08:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
War Vet

Garage
Nice looking ride.

MattR
Old 03-15-2019, 09:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Recreational User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979-930 View Post
I'll have to check my book on the pain color offerings for 80.
My COA also states PST 99 and my car was ordered with a 924 only color. The only way I can prove it is because I have the sales order contract with the color written out.
So if this color was offered for another model it is possible. That would make this car even more rare if you can connect the dots with proof.
By all means, check your books. I've checked 3 of mine, and they all agree Prussian Blue didn't exist until 85. If it were offered in 1980, it would have been one of the color options for that year, no need for PTS. So to be PTS it would have had to be offered in 1979 or earlier.

It's very possible that this is indeed the original PTS color, but the seller just assumed it was Prussian Blue because it looks like it. I'll bet that's it.
Old 03-15-2019, 11:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Doesn't look quite purple enough for prussian blue IMO, lighting makes that color hard to pin down though. Here is another '80 with a special wishes color that looks very similar to this paint. https://auction.catawiki.com/kavels/9971501-porsche-911-sc-1980

Last edited by ShopCat; 03-15-2019 at 12:37 PM..
Old 03-15-2019, 12:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Where can I get those mudflaps is what I want to know
Old 03-15-2019, 02:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

The Magenta MFI Carrera auction that blew up makes me suspicious of this outfit, thus suspicious of the cars on their platform. Too bad since there are probably some decent cars and sellers on there. The fact that there is a undisclosed relationship between the auction site and a used car dealer doesn’t help.
Old 03-15-2019, 03:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

in general when im involved in the process of a potential purchase i always try to think of what it would be like to sell - if i simply go by the sellers word with no documentation to definitively prove an assertion then when i attempt a sale - it goes bad ...as alas most people aren't as kind and gentile as myself
also i dont think its safe to assume that the market for 911 will stay hot in perpetuity
Old 03-15-2019, 03:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
The Magenta MFI Carrera auction that blew up makes me suspicious of this outfit, thus suspicious of the cars on their platform. Too bad since there are probably some decent cars and sellers on there. The fact that there is a undisclosed relationship between the auction site and a used car dealer doesn’t help.
Agreed. They’ve gotten off to such a bad start that it looks quite desperate to me, enough so that nothing would get the benefit of the doubt with me. I thought it may be a good venue to use if/when you and BaT can’t agree on a reserve, but with the questionable crap listed so far, I wouldn’t want to follow any of this shady sh|t as a seller. And nor would I be a bidder on any of their shady sh|t either.
Old 03-15-2019, 05:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

wonderful car but if something gives you pause to second guess ? then let em keep it

most 911s shot up in price due to demand not rarity
basically what im saying is if you chose not to move on this one then another one will come along
always does
Old 03-16-2019, 10:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopCat View Post
Doesn't look quite purple enough for prussian blue IMO, lighting makes that color hard to pin down though. Here is another '80 with a special wishes color that looks very similar to this paint. https://auction.catawiki.com/kavels/9971501-porsche-911-sc-1980
I think they probably just guessed at what to call it instead of just leaving it as a PTS color. Like other things about this car and site, they’re just trying too hard. Not necessarily a bad car, but a good story tells itself.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 03-16-2019, 10:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
The seller thinks the shroud part # is the engine #����

“Steve911 (seller) 2 hours, 45 minutesago

The engine number can be found on the picture of the fan shroud. The shop that did the work was Automotive Performance Solutions in Pennington, NJ. Their number is 609-303-0607. Any potential bidders should feel free to call them to discuss the work done and the condition of the car. Thanks.”
Lol just saw that. What’s even worse is the site representative didn’t know any better either
Old 03-17-2019, 06:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Amateur

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979-930 View Post
Anyone believe the miles listed for this car? 29K
I really like the color combination. And the car appears to be clean and 100% original to me. Others may spot something. If the miles are correct then this would be a nice stock SC to have.
The repair receipts seem fishy. Maybe the service writer at the shop was the issue, but every receipt with miles correction. Could have Dicklexia like Raw.

https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/1980-porsche-911-sc/

Nice looking SC.

Where did you find the fish ?
Old 03-17-2019, 01:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Am I missing something....repair receipts have a id number but it seems different from the COA?
Anyway nice looking car , hard to imagine such low mileage
Old 03-17-2019, 02:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
More cars than sense

I'm having a hard time buying the mileage. I just bought a 24k-mile 79SC and the difference in the wear on the interior is striking. My driver side bolster looks brand new while the one in this auction looks terrible.
Old 03-17-2019, 05:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: