Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Yeah, this is timely. I'm about to list a car on BAT on behalf of the seller, and although I have explicit agreement to sell at the negotiated reserve, I would hate to trash my reputation if the third party refused to sell.

The Moto Corse excuse that the owner wanted $20K+ more than reserve is an example of poor communication trashing a reputation.
2018 Chevy Volt dd/parts fetcher
Old 05-15-2019, 10:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxtrom View Post
Thanks. I do not have Twitter or the gram. I told the seller he should explain himself on the chat and it looks like he did.
Moto is the 3rd party representing the seller.

Nice.

It would be hard to find another like it with the exact color you want at that price.

I can understand this public "outing" attempt and lynching of the "widow" to force the sale over her husband's dead body

But to consider doing the gracious thing, accept the apology at face value and move on.

Last edited by pmax; 05-15-2019 at 11:19 AM..
Old 05-15-2019, 11:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by techweenie View Post
Perhaps, but in the case of one big auction house, they allowed a valued bidder to renege on a purchase last August at Pebble. And it was months after the hammer dropped. This happened to one of the people on Pelican. He may not be willing to share the details...
Was that a RM auction? Seems to happen regularly. They claim they are scared of getting sued by winning bidder and force the seller to take the car back. Nothing in their paperwork guarantees anything for the seller if they feel they may be at risk of legal issues. Winning bidders are able to pay the auction house, take possession of the car, do their own PPI, and return the car for a refund if it isnít to their satisfaction.
Old 05-15-2019, 11:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by speednme1 View Post
Hmmm the “widow”....which means the car has sat probably around without service or care. She may have saved you thousands of dollars getting the car right. I once tried to purchase a Ruf BTR conversion from a seller once. She too thought the car was worth more than my offer. She eventually had to spend a few thousand to service the car and then the car sold for about $5k less than my offer. Her lesson was expensive, as will be the seller of the car you speak of. If not part of PCA, join them...plenty of good cars on their classifieds.
It's not going to fall apart and need thousands after 4 years !

98 Carrera S in an uncommon color at 84K is near collectible.
Old 05-15-2019, 12:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)
Former Options Trader !!!

I don't mean to disparage the owners loss but this car has been titled in the current owners name for more then 5 years and its sat basically unused.

Just my 2 cents but it looks like someone who felt the car was worth more was easily able to circumvent the BAT process because the sellers business name and logo is all over the pictures.

ring ring.... hey don't sell that car for $76,800 I'll give you more, good thing you promoted your business in the auction listing (wink wink).
Old 05-15-2019, 01:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmax View Post
It's not going to fall apart and need thousands after 4 years !

98 Carrera S in an uncommon color at 84K is near collectible.
If a car...including a Porsche is left parked for 4 years, Many items will need attention if not stored properly. You don't need much to go wrong to spend thousands. A few lines, a valve adjustment, maybe sealing the engine for an oil leak, spark plugs, filters, shocks, struts if they are original, bushings..etc..etc.. I live in a land of reality..the seller is an idiot for not selling at $78k

Last edited by speednme1; 05-15-2019 at 01:30 PM..
Old 05-15-2019, 01:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Garage
I don't need or want any drama with an $80,000 deal of any kind.

Get your fee back from BaT and run Forest, run!
(I don't list the cars I've sold, because they're gone)
Old 05-15-2019, 01:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)

The more I look at this the more I see Moto Corse selling this car to a higher bidder. Their name is all over the photos, they thought they were getting some free Po and then they saw an opportunity to make a few more bucks from another buyer after the auction ended. They're in the business, they know for sure you're not going to raise the reserve in an auction after the auctions started. Looks to me like they sold out their rep, and probably for for 5 to 7 grand.
Old 05-15-2019, 03:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by trader220 View Post
The more I look at this the more I see Moto Corse selling this car to a higher bidder. Their name is all over the photos, they thought they were getting some free Po and then they saw an opportunity to make a few more bucks from another buyer after the auction ended. They're in the business, they know for sure you're not going to raise the reserve in an auction after the auctions started. Looks to me like they sold out their rep, and probably for for 5 to 7 grand.
The seller is a dealer? I double down my ďburn themĒ comment. Totally bury them with BaT.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 05-15-2019, 03:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by trader220 View Post
Seems shortsighted, but it wouldn't be the first time a dealer trashed a hard-won reputation for a few bucks.
2018 Chevy Volt dd/parts fetcher
Old 05-15-2019, 04:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Monson View Post
The seller is a dealer? I double down my ďburn themĒ comment. Totally bury them with BaT.
They're a motorcycle shop. Appears to be a high end Euro sport bike shop who tunes bikes, services Euro sport bikes and sells some customized euro sport bikes.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Seems shortsighted, but it wouldn't be the first time a dealer trashed a hard-won reputation for a few bucks.

I completely agree. I am just speculating and I am often called a cynic. I was a little hesitant to post what I think occurred because its jut conjecture but the more I looked at the situation the more .... well you get the idea.

I would not sell my reputation, well I would but the price would be so high no one's going to pay it so I am safe. LoL that was a joke.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)

Garage
Maybe the guy who said he drove the car and tried to bid but was too late made an in person offer for more. I was burned this way on ebay for a Porsche that I won and sent a deposit on the seller refused to complete the deal and kept my deposit. Paypal refused to refund me the deposit because he told them I backed out.
Old 05-15-2019, 05:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)
More cars than sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS935 View Post
Bozos...read further, the non binding aspect of it only applies to the buyer - not the seller.
Wildly incorrect. Real estate and auto bids are not binding on either party. The legal definition of "binding" is based on contract law and without a contract, no party to the transaction can be bound. This eBay policy has been tested in court numerous times, always with the same result, that no contract exists and neither party has any obligation to the other.

From the relevant eBay page:

A non-binding bid is a bid that shows a buyer's interest in purchasing an item, but it doesn't create a formal contract between the buyer and the seller.

All bids made in the Real Estate and eBay Motors vehicles categories are considered non-binding.
Old 05-15-2019, 07:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
Yea. If someone doesn't want to complete the transaction on either side how are you going to make them?
Take them to court? Finding another buyer or car is cheaper and easier.
Even if you have a binding contract it better be $100k+ to take it to court.
The time and lawyers fees are going to eat that money up. Better to negotiate a deal now and get what you can or write it off.
Hell even a $100k I'd settle for half and write off the rest before dealing with lawyers. Talking about legal action over $20k is just silly.
Old 05-16-2019, 05:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
I would think maximizing dollars, within legal bounds of course, for the hands off client is expected and required otherwise the "dealer" is not doing his job.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)

Garage
Very Common Today

Most of these auctions houses are finding many guys just bail out of the deal.
BJ knew this years ago, so now it has to be backed by a bank account.

BaT 🦇 has some loses figured into the model, but the buyer is not on the hook anymore.
eBay is worst, most walk, never pay a dime, eBay was the jewel of the industry but itís now loaded with scams, misbuys, no accountably....itís the Wild West

Buddy got a car on eBay then told them no, being a good eBayer they never dinged him...he had a score of 110
Old 05-16-2019, 10:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgwollet View Post
Most of these auctions houses are finding many guys just bail out of the deal.
BJ knew this years ago, so now it has to be backed by a bank account.

BaT 🦇 has some loses figured into the model, but the buyer is not on the hook anymore.
eBay is worst, most walk, never pay a dime, eBay was the jewel of the industry but itís now loaded with scams, misbuys, no accountably....itís the Wild West

Buddy got a car on eBay then told them no, being a good eBayer they never dinged him...he had a score of 110
I stopped using eBay for cars 20 years ago. I ran an beautiful 930 a couple times and I was happy with the final bid several times.

The first winner said his bid consisted of cash plus his 951 and he put the value on the 951. The listing clearly said I was not interested in trades.

The next winner said he'd be by in a couple weeks to check it out.

The third guy, after he won wanted me to take it to a garage over an hour away for a PPI so we could "negotiate the final price"

Never wasted my time trying to selling one of my own cars on eBay again.

I've sold plenty on BAT with no issues
Old 05-16-2019, 10:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)
San Ramon, CA

'someone' in the position should run the plate to find out if the 'fish story' about the 'widow' is true....... these days you really cannot be cynical enough
Old 05-16-2019, 01:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastbay View Post
'someone' in the position should run the plate to find out if the 'fish story' about the 'widow' is true....... these days you really cannot be cynical enough
I hear that! I'm pissed off about this whole thing and I'm not even involved.
Old 05-16-2019, 01:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: