Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Closed Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanbs View Post
Rawhide Rey!? What happened to Swizzle Stick? That name didnít last very long
Your confused, that's your screen name
Old 05-16-2019, 01:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDvanced View Post
I'm not sure how to feel. He sold me a used stainless exhaust system, complete with muffler, for $1700. Now, this is a good deal compared to new. His photos were small, but it looked to be in good condition.

I received it a month ago, started polishing the primaries, then got to the other side and noticed that 2 of the 3 primaries ahve been cut out and rewelded in a new section. Dude obviously hit something.

I was kind of pissed, and sent him a message saying "Dude, you could have told me you hit something and these are repaired".

I think they're usable, but I would have offered less. Anybody else dealt with this guy? Pretty bummed that he didn't disclose this. I don't have much disposable income; my student loans are almost $600/month, the rest goes to the mortgage, so when I do buy parts for my 911 it's a very rare occurrence.

What say you?
It's all your fault. If the appearance of the part versus the function was that important you should have asked for pictures showing every detail of the purchase.

Your calling the OP a troll, but its really you thats at fault, because you didn't do your due diligence. Trying to elicit sympathy because you don't have enough disposable income due to student debt is your problem, not the sellers, or anyone here for that matter.
It's your fault, own it, and then apologize to the people who you lashed out at because you messed up. Learn from it.
Old 05-16-2019, 03:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #42 (permalink)
Quote:
Originally Posted by speednme1 View Post
Your confused, that's your screen name
I knew it sounded familiar
Old 05-16-2019, 04:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #43 (permalink)
Quote:
Originally Posted by msort81 View Post
It's all your fault. If the appearance of the part versus the function was that important you should have asked for pictures showing every detail of the purchase.

Your calling the OP a troll, but its really you thats at fault, because you didn't do your due diligence. Trying to elicit sympathy because you don't have enough disposable income due to student debt is your problem, not the sellers, or anyone here for that matter.
It's your fault, own it, and then apologize to the people who you lashed out at because you messed up. Learn from it.
Iím about to sell a car online here shortly. So you are saying that I shouldnít necessarily disclose any defects or damages? Just post not so great pics and if interested buyers donít specifically address or ask for it I should not offer or divulge what I know? Total rubbish and you know it
Old 05-16-2019, 04:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Iím about to sell a car online here shortly. So you are saying that I shouldnít necessarily disclose any defects or damages? Just post not so great pics and if interested buyers donít specifically address or ask for it I should not offer or divulge what I know? Total rubbish and you know it
I'm with you on this Nathan.

A cut and welded patch job on a set of HE's is an absolutely material piece of information for buyers to assess overall condition. To pull some shady advantageous camera angles and then the classic "don't ask don't tell" BS is exactly that - BS.

Fortunately for us, we now know who not to ever buy parts from from their replies in this thread.
Old 05-16-2019, 06:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #45 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:

Are you serious?

PSA: Nobody buy anything from Msort81, ever.
Old 05-16-2019, 06:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #46 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by speednme1 View Post
If he had told you about the repairs, would you have still bought them for $1700 if he didn't lower his price? Do the repairs affect performance? Can you just polish them as is? Will you be showcasing the exhaust at car shows (serious question..not a joke)? I understand your frustration but was it a good deal when compared to new? Not that I agree with the seller, he should have disclosed it but once on the car and the rumble of the exhaust kicks...you might just forget all about it
Probably not. I would have offered less, since they're repaired.

Can I polish them? Sure, but the welds will be visible unless I try to grind them off, but even then you'll see them since the curvature of the pipe isn't perfect. No, it's not a show car.

It just seemed like a dick move to not even mention this....
Old 05-16-2019, 06:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #47 (permalink)

Quote:

Really his fault? Due diligence on an exhaust? May he should have hired a PI?...come on, you can’t be serious. The seller should have disclosed it, then let the buyer make the decision as to whether or not he wanted the part. Communication and disclosure is key with any sale, regardless of the item. Oh and for those who are harping on his student loans...that’s his business...why bring that shyte up...one thing has nothing to do with the other. Try doing business with a multimillionaire...I went back and fourth as a seller with a wealthy man for $500.00...so yea, the OP’s financial status should NOT be part of the discussion.

Last edited by speednme1; 05-16-2019 at 02:25 PM..
Old 05-16-2019, 09:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #48 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
I'm in the seller should have disclosed the prior repair in the for sale add camp.

I bought a cheap set of headers that the seller clearly showed the cracks and bad repair attempt. They were cheap enough that I was going to try and fix them. I ultimately decided to just get a new set.
Once I got a hands on look; I decided to trash them and not let someone else find out the metal was too far gone.
That was all on me for wasting the money.
But If I purchased the headers thinking they were in original condition (not new condition just used original headers) I would have been pissed off.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #49 (permalink)

Quote:
I’m about to sell a car online here shortly. So you are saying that I shouldn’t necessarily disclose any defects or damages? Just post not so great pics and if interested buyers don’t specifically address or ask for it I should not offer or divulge what I know? Total rubbish and you know it
^^^ Spot on^^^

Total rubbish to not divulge what you know.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #50 (permalink)
Administrator

Deleted a bunch of posts in this thread, which at this point isn't accomplishing much. Knowing only what's been presented here I tend to side with the buyer. The seller seems to have been artful in his presentation of the headers, obscuring a material fact about them. They're probably still perfectly usable but the right thing to do when you're selling a damaged and repaired item, especially when the repair is so visible, is to disclose, not obscure. I hope the seller refunds a few hundred bucks or whatever is fair.

As to the flaming going on, please cut it out. I'm leaving this open in the interest of allowing the seller the chance to respond.
Old 05-16-2019, 03:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black 993 View Post
Deleted a bunch of posts in this thread, which at this point isn't accomplishing much. Knowing only what's been presented here I tend to side with the buyer. The seller seems to have been artful in his presentation of the headers, obscuring a material fact about them. They're probably still perfectly usable but the right thing to do when you're selling a damaged and repaired item, especially when the repair is so visible, is to disclose, not obscure. I hope the seller refunds a few hundred bucks or whatever is fair.

As to the flaming going on, please cut it out. I'm leaving this open in the interest of allowing the seller the chance to respond.
It's worse than that. A header with irregularities like that won't flow exhaust as smoothly as it should. It's not just cosmetic.
Old 05-16-2019, 03:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #52 (permalink)
devalued member

Garage
man 0 man! I take off to the hills for a spell and all hell breaks loose!! deals broken, entire generations painted with a broad brush, some shabby headers with decent welds, student loans, disposable income, and a blue 993 that was at a motorcycle shop that was never for real. really

there's hardly enough time in a day to get caught up after being away for a week with all these developments…. it's a regular as the world turns over here...
Old 05-16-2019, 07:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #53 (permalink)
gearhead

Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 05-16-2019, 08:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanbenae View Post
man 0 man! I take off to the hills for a spell and all hell breaks loose!! deals broken, entire generations painted with a broad brush, some shabby headers with decent welds, student loans, disposable income, and a blue 993 that was at a motorcycle shop that was never for real. really

there's hardly enough time in a day to get caught up after being away for a week with all these developmentsÖ. it's a regular as the world turns over here...
We missed you too, Toby!
Old 05-17-2019, 08:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #55 (permalink)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: