Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS935 View Post
He would need to actually sell it at a loss first, and then prove that the loss was directly due to the misinformation in that auction. And since youíd be suing these so called Ferrari experts, their defense would be that they were/are right. Youíd need to prove them wrong, which means youíd need an expert of your own. Any idea how much experts cost for lawsuits and trials? Itís the biggest racket going, they will bleed you dry. I donít know the value of this car, but Iím sure the legal fees would surpass it. I havenít experienced a lawsuit yet where the legal fees didnít surpass the value of the lawsuit. Itís a lose-lose proposition.
Yeah Iím sure youíre right
Old 07-12-2019, 09:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #221 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanbs View Post
I would never want to sell a car on there with any sort of a storied past without laying it all out on the table firsthand. You risk getting eaten alive. I reserve BAT for what I feel are solid cars
Thatís not the point. There are chances you take that comments are made that are baseless and inaccurate. Go back to the Dino debate - if the seller thought that car was legit and if others are wrong with their comments (I donít think they are in this case) then your car is now tarnished forever just like that Dino. You are on BaT a lot so you have to admit there are snarky and stupid comments made all of the time.

I actually had this happen to me with my car. Some guy made a baseless or at minimum misleading comment in the final bidding which detracted from bids - unfortunate and will always be there when you google the vin. Trust me when I say my car was well represented and I was extremely transparent with the details of my car. It is simply a risk you take and one you cannot guarantee wonít bite you.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #222 (permalink)

Quote:
Thatís just f...ing insane.
72S is a very special car to start with. The level of restoration is just off the chart. This car could very well win top level Porsche Concours (as is or with some minimal work). Surprised to see this top level of car at BAT. In opinion seller could have sold the car for higher amount than the sold price at BAT, if seller had more time and reached out to Porsche Concours folks or other options.
Maybe, someone who know of recent private transactions of top quality early S cars can chime in and share what they were sold for.

Hoping to see the car in person at future Porsche event.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #223 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennykimk2 View Post
72S is a very special car to start with. The level of restoration is just off the chart. This car could very well win top level Porsche Concours (as is or with some minimal work). Surprised to see this top level of car at BAT. In opinion seller could have sold the car for higher amount than the sold price at BAT, if seller had more time and reached out to Porsche Concours folks or other options.
Maybe, someone who know of recent private transactions of top quality early S cars can chime in and share what they were sold for.

Yes, beautiful car and well known guy who did the work. I cannot comment on value, as I really donít know how much top level 72S cars trade for. Does anyone know how much it would cost to get a 72S restored at Wilhoit would run you? I donít, but this could be used for one data point to gauge this sale price.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #224 (permalink)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFlat6 View Post
Thatís not the point. There are chances you take that comments are made that are baseless and inaccurate. Go back to the Dino debate - if the seller thought that car was legit and if others are wrong with their comments (I donít think they are in this case) then your car is now tarnished forever just like that Dino. You are on BaT a lot so you have to admit there are snarky and stupid comments made all of the time.

I actually had this happen to me with my car. Some guy made a baseless or at minimum misleading comment in the final bidding which detracted from bids - unfortunate and will always be there when you google the vin. Trust me when I say my car was well represented and I was extremely transparent with the details of my car. It is simply a risk you take and one you cannot guarantee wonít bite you.
No I do get it and I donít know what the comment was that was made about your car but it doesnít take a genius to guess the crap would hit the fan about this car and that was a stupid risk to take. Itís unfortunate if it happens to a clean and non-controversial car. The cars Iíve sold went pretty smoothly even despite the mechanic that I was suing trying to make a comment about the rear main seal on my line green targa leaking even though it was a tiny leak behind the crank pulley that I disclosed.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #225 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennykimk2 View Post

I believe there were 1750 Sí made in MY 1972 alone. There is nothing Ďspecialí enough about that car to make it an almost 300k car in my book. Itís simply BaT sh|t crazy money. If I were a betting man, Iíd wager thatís not going to be a good investment for the new owner.
Old 07-13-2019, 04:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #226 (permalink)

Amateur

Garage
Surprising this final comment has not been taken down yet.

Old 07-13-2019, 01:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #227 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmax View Post
Surprising this final comment has not been taken down yet.

Why would anyone care? Thereís no reason to remove it, the auction is over and the car has been sold. Carry on...
Old 07-13-2019, 01:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #228 (permalink)
Former Options Trader !!!

That howS guy is one smart dude.
Old 07-13-2019, 02:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #229 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Why would anyone care? Thereís no reason to remove it, the auction is over and the car has been sold. Carry on...
Yeah, you'd think, but the echoes of that auction are appearing in other SC auctions, including the red one that closed RNM yesterday.

There are some folks on BAT who just can't let go.

@HowS (why is that handle familiar?) is one of the more knowlegeable about the whole p-car selling environment. I suspect he's as gobsmacked as others of us are by the cars that get bid beyond rational market value.

At the same time, it's kind of cool that that happens, as it shows there are people irrational about their love for Porsches.

I'd have to put yesterday's Speedster auction in that bucket. $505,000 for a nice Emory-modified Speedster with inoperable horn and parking brake and loose mirror...
2018 Chevy Volt dd/parts fetcher
Old 07-13-2019, 02:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #230 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by techweenie View Post
Yeah, you'd think, but the echoes of that auction are appearing in other SC auctions, including the red one that closed RNM yesterday.
Thatís what their platform is built on though, thereís no controlling it unless you literally put every member on a delay, and then vet each and every response before making it go live or blocking it from going live. Not that they would consider doing that anyways, as few would even bother posting with a system like that, not to mention the added man and/or computer power needed for such. I rarely post (or should I say attempt to post) anymore since my posts all get checked first to make sure theyíre sanitized enough for BaT. If the entire website was set up like that then the string of comments would look more like what you see on pcarmarket - almost non existent.
Old 07-13-2019, 03:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #231 (permalink)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trader220 View Post
That howS guy is one smart dude.
Yeah next to Einstein the smartest guy I’ve never met.

Last edited by nathanbs; 07-13-2019 at 05:24 PM..
Old 07-13-2019, 03:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #232 (permalink)
Amateur

Garage
Quote:
Yeah next to Einstein the smartest guy I’ve never met.
What about that nathanbs dude over there ?
Old 07-13-2019, 04:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #233 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
***forum leg humping***
Old 07-13-2019, 04:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #234 (permalink)
Quote:
Heís a real douche. I can only imagine what the ďbsĒ stands for
Old 07-13-2019, 05:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #235 (permalink)
Former Options Trader !!!

Okay with all the bids on these SC's how come no one has taken out th offer on my Minerva blue car that's listed here?
Old 07-13-2019, 06:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #236 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trader220 View Post
Okay with all the bids on these SC's how come no one has taken out th offer on my Minerva blue car that's listed here?
That BaT sh|t crazy irrational exuberance only happens with the BaT blinders on. You know that. Why not just list it there? Itíll probably prove how much tunnel vision BaT buyers actually have, as I bet itíll sell for more there than itís stale at here.

Itís kinda ironic that the website is BaT, while the saying Ďblind as a batí has been around far longer. Was that being prophetic for whoever coined that phrase? Hmmm...

Because the BaT bidders sure do seem blinded to the outside world much of the time.
Old 07-13-2019, 07:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #237 (permalink)

I thought the saying “bat **** crazy” came from BaT
Old 07-14-2019, 01:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #238 (permalink)
Amateur

Garage
Quote:
He’s a real douche. I can only imagine what the “bs” stands for
Noted !

Still odd how some of these smart folks, as in the last post and this thread, react like that, righteous anger and all, towards the 'poor' buyer who dared to spend his dollars as he saw fit.

It's just a car and money.
Old 07-14-2019, 07:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #239 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
Heís a real douche. I can only imagine what the ďbsĒ stands for
"Big Sexy"?!?!
Old 07-14-2019, 08:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #240 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: