Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Quote:
Originally Posted by trader220 View Post
You have an awffully low opinion of everyone but yourself. So in 21 years you know a total of 20 people who claim that, so you make it appear as if that's a common occurance and in this day and age. Pathetic.

BTW I'm an independent car dealer, I was the GSM at a Porsche dealership , never once heard of anyone doing that. Oh yeah ... My girlfriend is an attorney... You clearly don't know much about being an attorney either. Oops sorry, you know everything about everything . Come on, think about the implications of what you're saying based on twenty people and generalizations about a profession.
You are right I’m pretty jaded. Being in this industry in general but perhaps especially in so cal will do that to you. It’s realistically a lot more than 20 I just try not to embellish too much. Maybe when you’ve been with her long enough to call her your wife you’ll know more about the gumption of attorneys
Old 09-10-2019, 06:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanbs View Post
I have been so close to spending gazillions of dollars I cant tell you how many times to be Jaguar certified, Porsche certified, Tesla certified,etc only to pull back and decide to wait until the amount of jobs that I am losing is noteworthy enough to make the investment. I've literally been able to total all but 2-3 cars in the last 10 years that would have had to go to a OEM certified shop. Just not worth the investment. I've also had many come from certified shops where the customer thought and wanted their car to be a total and the certified shop said it wasn't a total only for me to successfully total their car.
Oh I get what you're say'n.. however, we don't get into playing the game, we don't work for the dealer nor do we work for the insurance company. If its totaled.. then its totaled simple as that. If its fixable, and we fix if that's the direction of all parties involved. When it close.. yeah, we try to work it out because we won't put the name on anything that comes close to a questionable repair.. and have told numerous customers, and ins companies to take it somewhere else.

The owners made the decision to spend the money for certifications, and hell no, it ain't cheap.. but then neither are the cars being repaired. So yeah, we're Porsche, Audi, Tesla, and Lexus certified which includes aluminum repair.. because of that, that the amount of jobs taken-in "is noteworthy." Other brands seem to like to come aboard as well (Rolls/Bently and Lambo- Audi product these days w/ some kinda pseudo cert that really doesn't cost us anything. Although we turn a lot of that work away, I guess they're comfortable in the fact that we're certified for several other high-end brands that sell a whole-lot more cars annually than them... not to mention the "aluminum thing" which is the big catalyst for the whole certified thing with later model cars.

Oh. and it also helps cover the overhead for the restoration part of the business.. 5 Celettes with the attachments up to 991. We support PCA and the local chapters, the club racers and several national teams with including myself roughly 100yrs of combined Porsche specific experience.

However, don't get me wrong, not saying that any shop has to be cert'd to do their thing.. just saying that it works for us, in our region.

And then of course there are the oddballs lurking around from time to time...

RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 09-11-2019, 03:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Quote:
Originally Posted by onboost View Post
Oh I get what you're say'n.. however, we don't get into playing the game, we don't work for the dealer nor do we work for the insurance company. If its totaled.. then its totaled simple as that. If its fixable, and we fix if that's the direction of all parties involved. When it close.. yeah, we try to work it out because we won't put the name on anything that comes close to a questionable repair.. and have told numerous customers, and ins companies to take it somewhere else.

The owners made the decision to spend the money for certifications, and hell no, it ain't cheap.. but then neither are the cars being repaired. So yeah, we're Porsche, Audi, Tesla, and Lexus certified which includes aluminum repair.. because of that, that the amount of jobs taken-in "is noteworthy." Other brands seem to like to come aboard as well (Rolls/Bently and Lambo- Audi product these days w/ some kinda pseudo cert that really doesn't cost us anything. Although we turn a lot of that work away, I guess they're comfortable in the fact that we're certified for several other high-end brands that sell a whole-lot more cars annually than them... not to mention the "aluminum thing" which is the big catalyst for the whole certified thing with later model cars.

Oh. and it also helps cover the overhead for the restoration part of the business.. 5 Celettes with the attachments up to 991. We support PCA and the local chapters, the club racers and several national teams with including myself roughly 100yrs of combined Porsche specific experience.

However, don't get me wrong, not saying that any shop has to be cert'd to do their thing.. just saying that it works for us, in our region.

And then of course there are the oddballs lurking around from time to
Sweet! Glad to see that you guys are a great exception to the norm. I think there are under 300 shops in the US that truly know how to fix a car and also know who the customer is. You on Collision Repairers United FB group?
Old 09-11-2019, 05:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Former Options Trader !!!

Quote:
You are right Iím pretty jaded. Being in this industry in general but perhaps especially in so cal will do that to you. Itís realistically a lot more than 20 I just try not to embellish too much. Maybe when youíve been with her long enough to call her your wife youíll know more about the gumption of attorneys
Sorry .... I forgot you're know everything about everything, including my personal relationships.

It's not worth engaging you anymore..... go ahead make up the last word however you like.
Old 09-11-2019, 05:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Quote:
Sorry .... I forgot you're know everything about everything, including my personal relationships.

It's not worth engaging you anymore..... go ahead make up the last word however you like.
You know Iím horsing around with you but I will say that I feel I know a lot about all things collision repair and bonsai trees lol and thatís it lol. Things like friends, family and customers trading in their cars, hiring attorneys and me calling different attorneys to see if a client has a case is something I have dealt with many many times. I have had breakfast every single Friday for 17 years with a small networking group that has had anywhere from 3-5 different attorneys at all times. Maybe Philly is different than LA. No need for us to insult each other.
Old 09-11-2019, 05:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Quote:
You know Iím horsing around with you but I will say that I feel I know a lot about all things collision repair and bonsai trees lol and thatís it lol. Things like friends, family and customers trading in their cars, hiring attorneys and me calling different attorneys to see if a client has a case is something I have dealt with many many times. I have had breakfast every single Friday for 17 years with a small networking group that has had anywhere from 3-5 different attorneys at all times. Maybe Philly is different than LA. No need for us to insult each other.
Fair enough.... collision repair is not my area of expertise, however I spent 10 years at Porsche dealerships as pre owned manager and GSM doing apprasials on cars. Also have quite a few attorneys in the family (they were so disappointed that I went to Wall St rather than law school). I never looked back as they slaved away 70 hours a week for years and made less than I did as a trader. I lived in LA with my first fiance, she was an attorney, she worked her ass off till she quit. Trust me, I'm not saying that some lawyers are lazy or crooked, every profession has their bums. I'm not saying some dealers are not crooks either.
Old 09-11-2019, 06:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

gearhead

I find it funny to see the guy who called me an a-hole for giving him grief over necromancing a thread is talking about how people should not be insulting each other...
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 09-11-2019, 06:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Monson View Post
I find it funny to see the guy who called me an a-hole for giving him grief over necromancing a thread is talking about how people should not be insulting each other...
isn't that consistent behavior? I call you out for being a jerk and I'm telling Trader that no need for either of us to be jerks. No need for anyone to be a jerk. What am I missing?

Last edited by nathanbs; 09-11-2019 at 08:58 AM..
Old 09-11-2019, 08:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
Quote:
Fair enough.... collision repair is not my area of expertise, however I spent 10 years at Porsche dealerships as pre owned manager and GSM doing apprasials on cars. Also have quite a few attorneys in the family (they were so disappointed that I went to Wall St rather than law school). I never looked back as they slaved away 70 hours a week for years and made less than I did as a trader. I lived in LA with my first fiance, she was an attorney, she worked her ass off till she quit. Trust me, I'm not saying that some lawyers are lazy or crooked, every profession has their bums. I'm not saying some dealers are not crooks either.
I think it's clear that each one of us is speaking our "truths" based on our experiences. You with a Porsche dealer and several lawyers that you have been close with in your life and me with places like Carmax, the occasional stealership used car guy and the attorneys I've been close with. Don't get me wrong I haven't even touched on unethical attorneys. My other dealings are with PI attorneys that my customers hire to help with their medical bills and such, god forbid they ask that attorney for assistance with their property damage claim. The answer is always "tell your shop to just work with the money that they can get" Wtf!? lol. Take it easy man

Last edited by nathanbs; 09-11-2019 at 08:57 AM..
Old 09-11-2019, 08:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
gearhead

Quote:
isn't that consistent behavior? I call you out for being a jerk and I'm telling Trader that no need for either of us to be jerks. No need for anyone to be a jerk. What am I missing?
Right. I tease you a little bit and you get butthurt, escalate it, and turn it into a slap fight like you always do. You are very consistent in that.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 09-11-2019, 09:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)
Quote:
Right. I tease you a little bit and you get butthurt, escalate it, and turn it into a slap fight like you always do. You are very consistent in that.
again Matt you are describing yourself. Don't project your aggressive attitude onto me. Teasing I don't mind but your way of "teasing" is pretty demeaning at times and if I take it wrong I apologize but perhaps look inward a bit on how you write to people and perhaps its not all our fault all the time.
Old 09-11-2019, 09:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)
gearhead

Quote:
again Matt you are describing yourself. Don't project your aggressive attitude onto me. Teasing I don't mind but your way of "teasing" is pretty demeaning at times and if I take it wrong I apologize but perhaps look inward a bit on how you write to people and perhaps its not all our fault all the time.
Iíll let you have the last word, since we all know youíll just keep going on until I do...
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 09-11-2019, 09:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

How about this weather we've been having? Another day of sunny low humidity weather, great to get out and enjoy your car or bike.
Old 09-11-2019, 10:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)
gearhead

Here’s a Marketplace Classic for you to read if you’re bored. It gets really good after Fred posts.

Motor damaged during shipping opinion wanted
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 09-11-2019, 10:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)
Quote:
I’ll let you have the last word, since we all know you’ll just keep going on until I do...
lol somehow, someway you always have a way of "sneaking" out unscathed. Did you take classes for this sort of mental manipulation? PS I thought you said you'll let me have the last word?

Last edited by nathanbs; 09-11-2019 at 10:39 AM..
Old 09-11-2019, 10:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)
Quote:
Here’s a Marketplace Classic for you to read if you’re bored. It gets really good after Fred posts.

Motor damaged during shipping opinion wanted
Wow! While re-reading you just reminded me of what a jerk you can be lol. You truly have a way with making victims feel like they did something to deserve their plight. Victim Shaming that's what you are best at Matt. Thanks for helping me pinpoint what it is that you do.

Last edited by nathanbs; 09-11-2019 at 10:40 AM..
Old 09-11-2019, 10:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)
Quote:
How about this weather we've been having? Another day of sunny low humidity weather, great to get out and enjoy your car or bike.
perfect. Finally not so fricken hot like its been.
Old 09-11-2019, 10:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)
gearhead

Quote:
I'm so confused why you are posting this? What am I missing? Just reminded me of what a jerk you can be re-reading that crap lol. You truly have a way with making victims feel like they did something to deserve their plight. Victim Shaming that's what you are best at Matt. Thanks for helping pinpoint what it is that you do.
Thatís still what you see there with reflection? I told you in objectivevterms what was fair and reasonable. It disagreed with what you thought and you lost it and became irrationally angry. It was simultaneously that you threatened me via pm.

I donít victim shame. I have a personal problem with trial by internet. And if an accuser presents themselves, I take the ďinnocent until proven guiltyĒ position and cross examine them. Itís an objective position just like thinking necromancing is poor form is. I told you not to take that shyte personally. I would say that to anyone and have many times. Iím not persecuting you.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 09-11-2019, 10:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)
Quote:
That’s still what you see there with reflection? I told you in objectivevterms what was fair and reasonable. It disagreed with what you thought and you lost it and became irrationally angry. It was simultaneously that you threatened me via pm.

I don’t victim shame. I have a personal problem with trial by internet. And if an accuser presents themselves, I take the “innocent until proven guilty” position and cross examine them. It’s an objective position just like thinking necromancing is poor form is. I told you not to take that shyte personally. I would say that to anyone and have many times. I’m not persecuting you.
I did nothing wrong with that post. I named no names. I purely wanted advice to help support my position. If not a single person agreed with me then perhaps I would have changed my tune. I wasn't interested in chalking it up as a loss or living with damage as some were suggesting so yeah I contested those opinions. Hasn't anyone especially your wife taught you it's not your intentions that matter it's how you are received? Maybe just maybe work on your delivery. Please share a screenshot of my PM threatening you as I either owe you an apology or you are full of shiet

Last edited by nathanbs; 09-11-2019 at 11:18 AM..
Old 09-11-2019, 10:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)

i forgot about the fred thread, instant classic!...
Old 09-11-2019, 11:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: