Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 1.80 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Rumor has it that Deez's 16 year old son has already made copies of the GT3 keys, on the sly!

As far as cabs go, they are a list cause here, unless one likes burning and sweating ass while driving, and soaking up as much carcinogenic rays as possible.

Old 02-18-2020, 01:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #201 (permalink)
War Vet

Garage
Seriously cracks me up the way there is such drop top hate for this marque. I don’t get it.
Old 02-18-2020, 04:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #202 (permalink)
Grappler

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979-930 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Damn Derrick.....way to go big! Beautiful car, congrats!!

1976 RSR Backdate (Turbo 3.2)
Old 02-18-2020, 05:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #203 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt930s View Post
Seriously cracks me up the way there is such drop top hate for this marque. I don’t get it.
Because racecar. It's textbook group think. Porsche guys think they are race car drivers because they did a few DE events with PCA. That is why they blab on about body flex and weight savings. Arrested development sadults who read too much internet and are still trying to be "cool". So, they bash drop tops to prove their racing pedigree. LMAO. In reality, they barely even drive their cars, and there are almost zero air cooled cars on the track anymore. Ever seen a 911 with over 200k? It's like 1 in 20. Yes, they are not being hampered by body flex while driving to C&C at 35 mph. Meanwhile, when Magnus drives over the speed limit, they lose their minds and say he should be in jail. For a muscle car, the drop top commands a huge premium, because it's a less pretentious and insecure crowd.

Last edited by sugarwood; 02-18-2020 at 05:35 PM..
Old 02-18-2020, 05:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #204 (permalink)
gearhead

Video content. Like and follow.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=IwAR0oFMSNbxPyEzvncGTraGgNSi4x1AessMc aRrO2dNAbd9SYx3whQT-F7Ik&v=xZtnfAHHjfk
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 02-18-2020, 05:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #205 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarwood View Post
Because racecar. It's textbook group think. Porsche guys think they are race car drivers because they did a few DE events with PCA. That is why they blab on about body flex and weight savings. Arrested development sadults who read too much internet and are still trying to be "cool". So, they bash drop tops to prove their racing pedigree. LMAO. In reality, they barely even drive their cars, and there are almost zero air cooled cars on the track anymore. Ever seen a 911 with over 200k? It's like 1 in 20. Yes, they are not being hampered by body flex while driving to C&C at 35 mph. Meanwhile, when Magnus drives over the speed limit, they lose their minds and say he should be in jail. For a muscle car, the drop top commands a huge premium, because it's a less pretentious and insecure crowd.
Also don't forget VISCERAL. Every boomer air cooled 911 owner's favorite word.
Old 02-18-2020, 05:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #206 (permalink)

War Vet

Garage
Sweet Deezus!

Quote:

Old 02-18-2020, 06:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #207 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Visceral go cart on rails, never turned on the stereo just the Mezger flat 6 music behind my head, rear engine polar moment of inertia, no nannies, steering with the throttle on dry pavement on public roads, sunroof delete, whale Carrera delete, targa & cab delete, drive straight to the track and drive right home Por-SHA !!

Damn, that's my new sig

Last edited by sugarwood; 02-18-2020 at 06:11 PM..
Old 02-18-2020, 06:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #208 (permalink)

Garage
Calling a 7 second 0-60 air cooled 911 "visceral" ls much like saying the fat girl you're dating has a really awesome personality.
Old 02-18-2020, 06:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #209 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
Sweet Deezus!
Oh man, that's hilarious! ***forum butt snorkeling***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaive View Post
Calling a 7 second 0-60 air cooled 911 "visceral" ls much like saying the fat girl you're dating has a really awesome personality.
In the spirit of piling on, visceral is code for, "Ya, I know it's slow, but it sure creates a lot of noise and stink while puttering along".
Old 02-18-2020, 06:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #210 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
Quote:
Sweet Deezus!

Haha! Nice one Matt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodsrsr View Post
Damn Derrick.....way to go big! Beautiful car, congrats!!
Thank you. I almost texted you today. The new Kiosk system at DMV makes renewing the 930 even easier...

Old 02-18-2020, 07:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #211 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaive View Post
Whatever, dude. I donít like my aircooled Porsche for itís performance on the track. I like it because itís a hand built, solid piece of collector machinery that will be forever be etched in the annals of one of THE best sports cars ever made. In ten years, your 996s and 997s will litter HS parking lots like those camaros and firebirds back in the late 80s. But no worries, youíll torch my ďvisceralĒ feeling 993 all day long, while sporting your mullet hair cut. Enjoy!
Old 02-18-2020, 09:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #212 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
Visceral go cart on rails, never turned on the stereo just the Mezger flat 6 music behind my head, rear engine polar moment of inertia, no nannies, steering with the throttle on dry pavement on public roads, sunroof delete, whale Carrera delete, targa & cab delete, drive straight to the track and drive right home Por-SHA !!

Damn, that's my new sig
Wood, your funny comments above reminded me of this horseshiit filled thread about old guys trying to insist that their slow-mobiles have the most soul.

https://forums.pelicanparts.com/off-topic-discussions/1039993-cars-soul.html
Old 02-18-2020, 10:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #213 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Deez, will be great to hear your driving impressions - such as a comparison of engine brute force of your new ride versus your modded 930, bisch.
Old 02-18-2020, 10:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #214 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
That is awesome looking man!

Congrats and welcome to the club..,

Old 02-18-2020, 10:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #215 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawknees'Turbo View Post
Wood, your funny comments above reminded me of this horseshiit filled thread about old guys trying to insist that their slow-mobiles have the most soul.

https://forums.pelicanparts.com/off-topic-discussions/1039993-cars-soul.html

Wow. I only scrolled through about 25 posts. But is seems all the cars with soul have no Ballz. Some post about a 1.6L whatever. Good Lord. Buch of wussies afraid of horse power.
Back when I was playing around with hot boats I had a Sanger hydro with a 468 that ran a best of 116mph. It was like riding a skipping stone. That was VISCERAL biotch!

Old 02-18-2020, 10:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #216 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawknees'Turbo View Post
Deez, will be great to hear your driving impressions - such as a comparison of engine brute force of your new ride versus your modded 930, bisch.

Weíve been talking about it. I think the 930 will still be more fun on the street. The power to weight and torque on boost should be a better stoplight and freeway entry rush.
The GT needs to get on Thunder Hill ASAP!

Old 02-18-2020, 10:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #217 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911boost View Post
That is awesome looking man!

Congrats and welcome to the club..,

Thatís pretty! Thank You.

Old 02-18-2020, 10:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #218 (permalink)

Registered

Garage
Quote:

Damn, that's my new sig
Gotta have Sugha with my coffee.....
Old 02-19-2020, 03:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #219 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
The GT needs to get on Thunder Hill ASAP!
Take Vaive.... he's jonesing for a visceral experience.....

Old 02-19-2020, 03:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #220 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: