Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 1.80 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
War Vet

Garage
Soul=Quirky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawknees'Turbo View Post
Wood, your funny comments above reminded me of this horseshiit filled thread about old guys trying to insist that their slow-mobiles have the most soul.

https://forums.pelicanparts.com/off-topic-discussions/1039993-cars-soul.html

Old 02-19-2020, 03:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #221 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979-930 View Post
Wow. I only scrolled through about 25 posts. But is seems all the cars with soul have no Ballz. Some post about a 1.6L whatever. Good Lord. Buch of wussies afraid of horse power.
Back when I was playing around with hot boats I had a Sanger hydro with a 468 that ran a best of 116mph. It was like riding a skipping stone. That was VISCERAL biotch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It all depends on what kind of mood you're in that day. If I want ballz out power, the AMG Benz has well over 300 horses and after I put the six speed manual in there in a few weeks it will be unstoppable. But other times I want to drive a slow car fast, and the 356 works for that. Being able to find the limits of a car on public roads is a rare feeling, try finding the limits of a 930 on anything but the track at full bore. Other times I want heat/AC and a nice air-cooled 911, the 993 works well for that. But then other times I take the kids for ice cream in the Stang, never a dull moment. So not every car in your stable has to have insane amounts of power, a true sportsman driver understands that and can appreciate a car at many levels, a simple man can't see past horsepower, most of which he will never use.

---Adam

356 Registry 17369
Early 911S Registry
912 Registry, PCA
Old 02-19-2020, 03:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #222 (permalink)
Troll Hunter

Garage
Congrats Derrick, gorgeous car!

Speaking of 'no balls and ugly Cabs' (yeah, right) this TT/MT baby checked all the boxes for me. Screw you drop top haters!

2020 M2 CS
Old 02-19-2020, 04:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #223 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
I bet my VW is slower than any of your rides Adam, and it still puts a smile on my face!
Old 02-19-2020, 05:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #224 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Wood, your funny comments above reminded me of this horseshiit filled thread about old guys trying to insist that their slow-mobiles have the most soul.

Ahh, yes, how did we forget the "soul" nonsense.
The last defense of the car guy when presented with facts and science proving otherwise.
Every single delusional car segment says their car is the only one with soul.
My mass produced appliance has more soul than your mass produced appliance!
I bet even Camry guys say their car has soul as they trash the guy in the Accord!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911boost View Post
Congrats and welcome to the club..,
]
What's the story on the VW bus ????
That's awesome.
I didn't even notice the blue car until my 3rd take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macroni View Post
Gotta have Sugha with my coffee.....
What an intelligent and creative contribution to the discussion.
You must be so proud of yourself !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unobtanium-inc View Post
If I want ballz out power, the AMG Benz has well over 300 horses [/img]
Settle down, grasshopper.
A Camry has the same power as that sweet late-90s AMG.
How does it compare to an E36 M3 ?

Last edited by sugarwood; 02-19-2020 at 06:01 AM..
Old 02-19-2020, 05:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #225 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by unobtanium-inc View Post
a simple man can't see past horsepower, most of which he will never use.
qft !
Old 02-19-2020, 06:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #226 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:

What's the official Visceral to Soul exchange rate these days? My guess would be about 3:1
Old 02-19-2020, 06:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #227 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas View Post
Whatever, dude. I donít like my aircooled Porsche for itís performance on the track. I like it because itís a hand built, solid piece of collector machinery that will be forever be etched in the annals of one of THE best sports cars ever made. In ten years, your 996s and 997s will litter HS parking lots like those camaros and firebirds back in the late 80s. But no worries, youíll torch my ďvisceralĒ feeling 993 all day long, while sporting your mullet hair cut. Enjoy!
Bro: IT. IS. A. CAR. That's it. A car. Not a person, not your wife, not your kids, not your dog. A car. An engine, a chassis and wheels. Get a grip.
Old 02-19-2020, 06:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #228 (permalink)

Garage
Remember when CDs came out and everyone was like hell yeah these are so much better than records. But a small % of people insisted that records were better because....REASONS. That's the air cooled crowd.
Old 02-19-2020, 06:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #229 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYNick View Post
Congrats Derrick, gorgeous car!

Speaking of 'no balls and ugly Cabs' (yeah, right) this TT/MT baby checked all the boxes for me. Screw you drop top haters!

Thank You.
That car is sexy Nick! Very cool.
Old 02-19-2020, 08:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #230 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaive View Post
Bro: IT. IS. A. CAR. That's it. A car. Not a person, not your wife, not your kids, not your dog. A car. An engine, a chassis and wheels. Get a grip.
finally someone gets it.

cars and opinions.

cars and opinions.

enjoy what you have, and move along. nothing to see here...
Old 02-19-2020, 08:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #231 (permalink)

Garage
Perusing BAT and I came across this gem of a comment on this auction.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1996-porsche-911-carrera-4s-34/

Feb 13 at 2:07 PM
917-12 1,088
Is it unreasonable to want to marry this car?

LOL. JFC some people.
Old 02-19-2020, 08:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #232 (permalink)

beancounter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarwood View Post
In reality, they barely even drive their cars, and there are almost zero air cooled cars on the track anymore.
Iím doing my part to use my aircooled cars properly. Iíve got >1000 wheel to wheel racing laps in a number of cars: Ď83 911, Ď92 911, 996 GT3 Cup, Ď98 M3, Spec E46, C6 Corvette, NB Miata, Chevy Cobalt SS.

^all of them extremely well prepared race cars. I can say without reservation that the air cooled are the most fun and rewarding to drive in my opinion. Nothing quite like throttle steering a rear engined 911 around a circuit. Even more rewarding when you pass newer hardware (including PDK Cayman Race Cars).

The 996 GT3 Cup was pretty damn sweet, and I could probably learn to love it more than the air cooleds...but I was co driving a friendís car in an endurance race so I wasnít going for it the same way I can in my own cars:

Old 02-19-2020, 09:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #233 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaive View Post
Remember when CDs came out and everyone was like hell yeah these are so much better than records. But a small % of people insisted that records were better because....REASONS. That's the air cooled crowd.
CDs have no soul. They are heartless mass produced appliances. Vinyl has soul and I can rub myself on the grooves and literally feel the music.
Old 02-19-2020, 09:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #234 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Ahh, yes, how did we forget the "soul" nonsense.
The last defense of the car guy when presented with facts and science proving otherwise.
Every single delusional car segment says their car is the only one with soul.
My mass produced appliance has more soul than your mass produced appliance!
I bet even Camry guys say their car has soul as they trash the guy in the Accord!

That's awesome.
I didn't even notice the blue car until my 3rd take.

What an intelligent and creative contribution to the discussion.
You must be so proud of yourself !

Settle down, grasshopper.
A Camry has the same power as that sweet late-90s AMG.
How does it compare to an E36 M3 ?
I'd love to see that same Camry in hard corner at 80mph, I know the AMG can do it. Again, you can't judge cars by horsepower alone, if not we'd all buy 5.0 Mustang's.

---Adam

356 Registry 17369
Early 911S Registry
912 Registry, PCA
Old 02-19-2020, 11:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #235 (permalink)
gearhead

Had the vinyl back in the day...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hrTfI3f_WLM
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 02-19-2020, 11:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #236 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unobtanium-inc View Post
It all depends on what kind of mood you're in that day. If I want ballz out power, the AMG Benz has well over 300 horses and after I put the six speed manual in there in a few weeks it will be unstoppable. But other times I want to drive a slow car fast, and the 356 works for that. Being able to find the limits of a car on public roads is a rare feeling, try finding the limits of a 930 on anything but the track at full bore. Other times I want heat/AC and a nice air-cooled 911, the 993 works well for that. But then other times I take the kids for ice cream in the Stang, never a dull moment. So not every car in your stable has to have insane amounts of power, a true sportsman driver understands that and can appreciate a car at many levels, a simple man can't see past horsepower, most of which he will never use.

---Adam

A wise man knows what he finds important about a machine and does not have to bother with all that fickle, teenage girl, switcharoo stuff, or need to excuse his machine(s)' lack of performance with cockamamie reasons for why wimpy and slow is good.
Old 02-19-2020, 12:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #237 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:

That's awesome.
Why drive an old VW bus when you can get a 2008 Grand Caravan that is faster, handles better and brakes better. It also has a/c, navigation, infotainment, leather and captainís chairs. And for way less money than the VW. I could buy 10 Caravans for just one of those VWs. So now are you going to tell me that the VW has a soul or it is fun to drive? The Caravan is better in every way and Iím not going to listen to any talk that the VW is more Ďrawí or visceralí. Thatís just old man talk since their VW is slow. The Caravan is better in every way.
Old 02-19-2020, 12:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #238 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Can't take Caravan to C&C!
Get some visceral soul!
Old 02-19-2020, 02:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #239 (permalink)
gearhead

This has become one of the worst PMDF threads ever.

2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 02-19-2020, 02:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #240 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: