Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 1.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Monson View Post
Iím a distance runner, not a sprinter. That puts my heart rate way out of the right zone straight from the start. Though we did have them play Metallica at our wedding.
Here's a more long distance pace appropriate selection, but still big on badassery. PS - I've probably said before how much I love the fem-fronted hardcore bands - there are many of them that are successful in Europe (play huge stadium festivals, sell lots of albums, etc.) but are not even known in the US, for whatever reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kJdWJXxF3Y
Old 10-28-2019, 05:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaive View Post
Heh. I owned a 996 for a couple of years before I started reading boards like this. It was only then that I realized how much I was supposed to hate the interior. I hand't even paid attention to it, since, you know, it's a sports car and all.

Not sure if I'm supposed to hate a 997.2 interior or not. I know the Porsche cool kids say it's the bombiest of bomb water cooled. But the interior is still Taurus-like, I believe.

And then the same cool kidz will turn around and complain the 991, has too many creature comforts and isn't pure enough.
You are a real driver out there not stroking the dash and counting cup holders.

LOL, yes !!
Interior too bare bones? Whining about cheap interior and no cup holders.
Interior too nice? Whining about too many features and loss of the purist driver's car.

What a great example of car guys being petulant hypocrites who don't even know what they want.

Car guys are fools.
That is the answer to all car guy paradoxes.

Last edited by sugarwood; 10-28-2019 at 05:42 PM..
Old 10-28-2019, 05:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawknees'Turbo View Post
Here's a more long distance pace appropriate selection, but still big on badassery. PS - I've probably said before how much I love the fem-fronted hardcore bands - there are many of them that are successful in Europe (play huge stadium festivals, sell lots of albums, etc.) but are not even known in the US, for whatever reason.

Metal in America is dead. Thatís the answer why.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 10-28-2019, 05:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Amateur

Garage
Quote:

I knew you're a Lady Gaga fan, Jack !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrsxahvLuU8

Old 10-28-2019, 05:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

She is pop, and super weird, but dayyyuuummmnn, she can sing.

And speaking of Lady Gaga!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7cvquM3zNc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Monson View Post
Metal in America is dead. Thatís the answer why.
No doubt about that. The peeps here seem to only want rap, country, and pop . . .
Old 10-28-2019, 06:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Garage
Rawk,
Odd music taste for an old guy ! I love it.
I'd peg you for the Pretender/Heart/Blondie/Fleetwood Mac demographic
Old 10-28-2019, 06:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
No doubt about that. The peeps here seem to only want rap, country, and pop . . .
Metallica and Kiss are 2 of the biggest grossing tours of 2019, across all genres.
Old 10-28-2019, 06:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarwood View Post
Rawk,
Odd music taste for an old guy ! I love it.
I'd peg you for the Pretender/Heart/Blondie/Fleetwood Mac demographic
Ha ha - nope!

I was in junior high and high school in the 1980's, and then in my early 20s in the early 90s and really liked the metal scene at the time (total, "every weekend at the metal bars" type) - never lost the taste for it, and in fact, like much harder/heavier music now than I did when I was young.
Old 10-28-2019, 06:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarwood View Post
Metallica and Kiss are 2 of the biggest grossing tours of 2019, across all genres.
Guess some folks will still shell out for the oldies, but don't give two shiits about modern metal. It's unreal how many super heavy, metal bands there are in European countries, Asia and Russia. I'm just thankful for YouTube and Amazon - can find bands I like on YouTube and then buy their stuff on Amazon.

Last edited by Rawknees'Turbo; 10-28-2019 at 06:44 PM..
Old 10-28-2019, 06:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
War Vet

Garage
Aldean....
Old 10-28-2019, 06:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Garage
I wasn't into metal, but I liked Metallica. Everyone liked Metallica.

I saw them and GNR together. An odd mix of people too, preppie types (like yours truly) mixed in with hard core metal fans, stoners, you name it. Good times.
Old 10-28-2019, 07:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

This latest set of google floattover banner ads needs to be burned with fire.
Old 10-28-2019, 07:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaive View Post
I wasn't into metal, but I liked Metallica. Everyone liked Metallica.

I saw them and GNR together. An odd mix of people too, preppie types (like yours truly) mixed in with hard core metal fans, stoners, you name it. Good times.
That brought back a memory - I saw Metallica play at a "ballroom" (essentially a big bar) in Omaha NE in 1986, before they were widely known. I believe that Ride the Lightning was just released, or was soon to be released, and they had some small-time fame with Kill em' All, but were still considered a fringe band. Armored Saint was the opener. I waited all day in line with friends, and we ended up standing right in front of the stage. What a blast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan A View Post
What are they (can't see them with the server I'm using)?
Old 10-28-2019, 08:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

Quote:
That brought back a memory - I saw Metallica play at a "ballroom" (essentially a big bar) in Omaha NE in 1986, before they were widely known. I believe that Ride the Lightning was just released, or was soon to be released, and they had some small-time fame with Kill em' All, but were still considered a fringe band. Armored Saint was the opener. I waited all day in line with friends, and we ended up standing right in front of the stage. What a blast!

What are they (can't see them with the server I'm using)?
Sorry man, the 80s was all about Punk Rock.

---Adam

356 Registry 17369
Early 911S Registry
912 Registry, PCA
Old 10-28-2019, 08:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Is that you, Adam?!

I hear that 80's Punk Rockers grew up to like Porsches that sport wheel barrow wheels and tires - dat' true?!?!
Old 10-28-2019, 08:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Is that you, Adam?!

I hear that 80's Punk Rockers grew up to like Porsches that sport wheel barrow wheels and tires - dat' true?!?!
Yeah, that's me fronting The Creeps, we were awful, but it was punk rock, and the drummer always had groupies!

---Adam

356 Registry 17369
Early 911S Registry
912 Registry, PCA
Old 10-28-2019, 08:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Man, that's great!
Old 10-28-2019, 08:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)

996 soso
996gt3/gt2: ignore the look, the dynamic is a high watermark for PAG
Old 10-28-2019, 08:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
That brought back a memory - I saw Metallica play at a "ballroom" (essentially a big bar) in Omaha NE in 1986, before they were widely known. ?
That was me with Smashing Pumpkins. I saw them at a bar in '91 when nobody knew who they were. I kinda knew them, since I was into that scene, but they were largely unknown. Then a few week later, Gish was released and the rest was history.
Old 10-28-2019, 09:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan A View Post
Do you need to install AdBlocker?

Last edited by sugarwood; 10-29-2019 at 03:59 AM..
Old 10-29-2019, 03:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: