Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Anybody know anything about these cars

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/cto/d/haleiwa-1958-porsche-speedster/7004345649.html
Old 10-28-2019, 07:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Intermeccanica is known as the best of the fakes, they tend to hold their value the best too. But it's not a Porsche, no matter how much you hang on the car. This one is priced very high.

---Adam

356 Registry 17369
Early 911S Registry
912 Registry, PCA
Old 10-28-2019, 08:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

what a joke!......and Grundy accepted an "agreed" insurance value of $128K ???.,...really? Anyone who spends that kind of money on a stinkin kit car should be evaluated!.....LOL

Last edited by acoupe; 10-28-2019 at 09:41 AM..
Old 10-28-2019, 09:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Not my cup of tea but that replica looks fun as hell.
Old 10-28-2019, 09:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

It’s also in f/s now
Old 10-28-2019, 01:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by acoupe View Post
what a joke!......and Grundy accepted an "agreed" insurance value of $128K ???.,...really? Anyone who spends that kind of money on a stinkin kit car should be evaluated!.....LOL
They will accept an agreed value of $1 billion, as long as you pay the associated premium.
Old 10-28-2019, 05:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarwood View Post
They will accept an agreed value of $1 billion, as long as you pay the associated premium.
Not true. Iíve had them and they did not give me the value I asked for on more than one occasion.
Old 11-01-2019, 10:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Amateur

Garage
Better than the original lawnmower engine !

Old 11-01-2019, 11:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rostami6 View Post
Not true. Iíve had them and they did not give me the value I asked for on more than one occasion.
I agree, they or any other agree value insurance company will not insure a car based solely on the word of the owner...anyone who says so has never had agreed value insurance
Old 11-02-2019, 01:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

About this Car

I am curious to hear from any of you folks that have read the Ad, and seen the pictures what you would pay to own the car? No I don't own it!!
I know a lot of you have some really good insight into car values. I have owned Porsches since the early 70s, but that does not make me an expert on value
Old 11-02-2019, 08:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

It may not represent the market but I’d pay 25k for it. It’s not really much use for anything but cars and coffee runs so I wouldn’t want to sink more than that into it.

Yes I know it’ll likely fetch rather more, but the question was what would *you* pay.
Old 11-02-2019, 10:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
Intermeccanicas are great cars. Canít be compared to VW-based replicas. I know of one out here and he paid $30 something and it doesnít have a flat-6. Iíd say this car is $40s or 50s to the right person. But this is a very specific car to a specific buyer. To sell it, you will need probably need to wait.
Old 11-02-2019, 04:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

I like the use of strategic CAPS in the ad. good grief
06 957 Turbo S
14 991 50th Anniversary
Old 11-03-2019, 11:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

They spend all that money to make a real nice car yet they still leave the parking brake handle between the seats.
Old 11-04-2019, 04:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

OWNER: I have owned many Porsches, a few Lotus/Ferrari, Healey, and JAGS...this is a TRULY MANUFACTURED car and NOT a rattly replica. It hauls ass and a SUPERTEC 2.7RS is nothing to sneeze at. NO RATTLES, loads of fun, and very few on planet. This is not a typical replica but a WELL MADE, highly engineered, highly specd machine.THe 911 suspension, drivetrain, BREMBOS, FUCHS, and BILTSTINES cost over 75K alone and that does not include amazing body, leather interior, power windows, fuel cell. Indeed a narrow niche car but an amazing build, will NEVER RUST, and can keep up with 90% of all aircooled 911 cars. There is a lot of crap out ther, but this is NOT one of them
Old 11-04-2019, 08:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speednme1 View Post
I agree, they or any other agree value insurance company will not insure a car based solely on the word of the owner...anyone who says so has never had agreed value insurance
They took two weks to approve AND they well look into the car and with appraisals. Insurance comoanies are NOT in business to write weak policies...
Old 11-04-2019, 08:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unobtanium-inc View Post
Intermeccanica is known as the best of the fakes, they tend to hold their value the best too. But it's not a Porsche, no matter how much you hang on the car. This one is priced very high.

---Adam
This car is 94% ZUFFENHAUSEN ZEITGEIST GESTALT motoring....likely you will NEVER get a chance to drive this PORSCHE machine....

Other than a magnificently built body, this car is ALL PORSCHE....and certainly built better than the original tubs, DESPITE their amazing historic value.
Old 11-04-2019, 08:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unobtanium-inc View Post

---Adam
INDEED priced high relative to other replicas but this is NOT other replicas. As a highly respected Porsche BIZ, you must have some respect for the quality of build and/or the fine ingredients/parts list represented in the build?

The SUPERTEC 2.7RS is a world class build along with transaxle...
The 911/930 suspension front and rear is all PORSCHE....
BILSTEIN is a reputable shock company...
BREMBO...WEVO.....
Old 11-04-2019, 08:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

For the love of god, lay off the all-caps. You're killing my buzz.
Old 11-04-2019, 08:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocker View Post
For the love of god, lay off the all-caps. You're killing my buzz.
be safe
Old 11-04-2019, 08:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: