Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 2.60 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unobtanium-inc View Post
I have hope we can bring him into the fold of being a Porsche brother.

---Adam
That would be nice to think but on the oil back flow valve thread he dismisses value of the engineering that went into the solution (things thought through like "fail open" design and quality manufacturing.)

Instead he says its a $10 part and the vendor is ripping everyone off.
Its the same story he uses with you and every other business person.

in fact, If I recall he entered the Porsche world by basking Porscehs and proclaiming Hondas are the car to have or something like that.

Its always the same story cost is the only thing he can understand it seems.
Value isn't a piece of his equation it seems.

I don't know why he even has a Porsche. Taking the bus is cheaper.
My 73RSR build http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/893954-saving-73-crusher-again.html
Old 11-04-2019, 12:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)
devalued member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unobtanium-inc View Post
I have hope we can bring him into the fold of being a Porsche brother.

---Adam

put that effort into pmax. he's a smidge closer to fixin.
(sold 12/15) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7I6HCCKrVQ
Old 11-04-2019, 12:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanbenae View Post
put that effort into pmax. he's a smidge closer to fixin.
Tobs, anyone willing to struggle with CIS (even praising it! )and the gawdaweful 915 gearbox, is a true Porsche brother.
Old 11-04-2019, 12:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)
Amateur

Garage
^^^I love ya, bro !

There's hope for Suga' as long as he keeps speed shifting that 915 !!!
Old 11-04-2019, 02:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)
gearhead

Dude, I almost had you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1IE-ERnEBw
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 11-04-2019, 03:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)
devalued member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawknees'Turbo View Post
Tobs, anyone willing to struggle with CIS (even praising it! )and the gawdaweful 915 gearbox, is a true Porsche brother.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmax View Post
^^^I love ya, bro !

raw's leg has gotta be crampin up some the way sean's getting on it up there ^^^^^
Old 11-04-2019, 05:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

It's a good thing that I'm wearing Teflon coated jeans!!!
Old 11-04-2019, 05:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)
gearhead

I don't care what you clowns say. Wayner won the internet's today.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 11-04-2019, 05:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)
devalued member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawknees'Turbo View Post
It's a good thing that I'm wearing Teflon coated jeans!!!
catcher's gear ain't helping quell sean's man love in this instance...
Old 11-04-2019, 07:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanbenae View Post
catcher's gear ain't helping quell sean's man love in this instance...
"Catcher's gear" would be something like a pink banana hammock and short shorts, which I am most definitely not wearing, bro!
Old 11-04-2019, 07:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Monson View Post
He’s a troll. He doesn’t want to understand. He wants your reaction and attention and you are delivering in spades.
I think you may be right about this one, I gave this dude the benefit of the doubt, sent him a long, nicely worded PM explaining some things and crickets, nothing, nada.
Maybe I'll be the last person to take him seriously.

---Adam

356 Registry 17369
Early 911S Registry
912 Registry, PCA
Old 11-07-2019, 04:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)

Garage
I already stated my opinion on flippers and carpetbagging vultures.
No need to waste time repeating ourselves.

What? You're not a flipper because you fix up a car before flipping it on? That's only so you get more money.
That is only to serve your own needs, not because you are some "good guy" helping people out.

Last edited by sugarwood; 11-07-2019 at 06:33 PM..
Old 11-07-2019, 06:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)

War Vet

Garage
Did he bang your ole lady or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarwood View Post
I already stated my opinion on flippers and carpetbagging vultures.
No need to waste time repeating ourselves.

What? You're not a flipper because you fix up a car before flipping it on? That's only so you get more money.
That is only to serve your own needs, not because you are some "good guy" helping people out.
Old 11-07-2019, 06:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)
Amateur

Garage
What's not to love about this place ?!!
Old 11-07-2019, 07:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

^^^

I am entertained!!!

Old 11-07-2019, 07:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)
Functionista

So are all stores selling merchandise flipping flippers? Why do they get a pass on marking up their goods?

Is the future going to be full of self righteous individuals with no concept of hustling to make a buck capitalism?

Sales is sales for Pete’s sake....
74 911, #3
I do not disbelieve in anything. I start from the premise that everything is true until proved false. Everything is possible.
Old 11-07-2019, 09:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)

Let's follow this logic, first flippers are like his friend that tell people he wants to collect the car for himself and then sells it using their pictures. When I politely explain that's not what we do we are still just scumbag flippers because we make a profit.
I find in this business that everyone loves to be communist, everyone loves to want to go back to the good ol' days when you could buy these cars for peanuts, until it's their turn to sell something, than they quickly become a capitalist.

---Adam

356 Registry 17369
Early 911S Registry
912 Registry, PCA
Old 11-08-2019, 04:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)

Here was my letter to Suge, I'll let everyone here be the judge.

Flipping Cars
Since you really are showing an incredible ignorance of how the Porsche business world works, let me break it down for you. In the case of the widow and this C Coupe, since it's fresh in my mind.
The woman is a widow, left with a failing business and a pile of bills. One of the only hard assets she has to quickly sell is this Porsche. She reaches out to me because I came recommended and because she needs to sell it, fast. The car is in a million pieces, she can't put it back together to sell, nor can she pay someone. She can't find the title and she has a million other things going on, other than re-assembling and marketing a Porsche she knows little about, that she currently doesn't have a title for. So she reaches out to me, has a good understanding of what it's worth, and is very very happy with my offer. I pay her and collect the car, driving 1000 miles in the process.
Then the fun starts. I get the car and will have to wait for the title, I'm estimating 6-9 months for her to settle the estate and apply to VA DMV for the lost paperwork. So my money is tied up at least that long. Then I have to re-assemble the car, will probably do some floor work and other welding and maybe by Spring I can begin to find a buyer, if I have a title by then. Now the car, is it matching #'s? I don't know, but I will get a Kardex from my Factory guy and find out, the widow can't do this, she doesn't have a source at the Factory. She also doesn't know by reading the paint code that the car is Factory Black. So best case scenario is I end up with a Factory Black (which is rare for a 356) matching numbers car, which I have a buyer for, a guy in Austria who only collects black Porsches and insists they are matching numbers. So if I sell it to him I will make a profit, but it is a profit based on my knowledge of 356's, my ability to access Factory archives, my ability to re-assemble and work on the car, and after trying up double digit thousands of dollars for probably a year. So it's safe to say I will earn every dollar of that profit. And what happens if the car doesn't come back matching numbers, well, I eat that, it's a risk, as is the whole deal.
So unlike your friend the flipper who will take someone's pics and re-sell the car the next day, I will work the car, tie up the money, use my knowledge to do the car right, maybe use my contacts to have the right buyer, and don't forget, it was my hard earned reputation that got me the call about the car in the first place, it wasn't advertised.
I know this is long-winded but you really really needed an education on what the difference between your friend who actually does rip people off and a professional like me. The difference is vast. I hope you read this and read it a couple of times, and the next time you think you have a clue about the Porsche world, a world you know NOTHING about, you might keep your mouth shut and your ears open and learn something.
Adam Wright
Unobtanium-Inc

356 Registry 17369
Early 911S Registry
912 Registry, PCA
Old 11-08-2019, 04:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)

Good for you for calling him on his bull**** Adam

This isn’t just two guys on an Internet forum
This is a business man being slandered in public for no cause by slanderwood.
My 73RSR build http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/893954-saving-73-crusher-again.html

Last edited by wayner; 11-08-2019 at 05:10 AM..
Old 11-08-2019, 05:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)

Garage
Total waste of time, Adam. It's Sugardope after all.

Join our elite "Ignore" group. For no money down, Sugardope puts you on his "Ignore" list, can't see your posts and never bothers you again!

I'm a proud member!
Old 11-08-2019, 05:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: