Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Thanks Tbone1209 I figured you were a friend. I just wanted to see if I was right.
All the cars are nice and all of them had flaws...its typical stuff for 40+ year old cars!
1965 911 300760 1976 911S

Last edited by Fubawu; 11-11-2019 at 10:24 AM..
Old 11-11-2019, 10:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speednme1 View Post
Care to elaborate?
You really interested in hearing a guy making a statement like that elaborate on anything? Link to a vaporware electric truck and a snide statement about his perception of somebody based on what they drive..
Old 11-11-2019, 11:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #82 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynt View Post
You really interested in hearing a guy making a statement like that elaborate on anything? Link to a vaporware electric truck and a snide statement about his perception of somebody based on what they drive..
Point taken..lol
Old 11-11-2019, 12:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #83 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

RawhideRey, my mancard is so yuuuuuggggeee that I could even be seen driving a Miata or a Boxster and no one would question it!!!
Old 11-11-2019, 12:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #84 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Care to elaborate?
btw I thought texass was about big trucks and cowboy boots...would you have to turn in your man card

Hardy har har. Funny bruh.
Old 11-11-2019, 12:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #85 (permalink)
Kind of Blue

Garage
I have never bought a car from Canada and while Google says importing it is no problem, my concern would be if buying at a distance via the Internet that if there was some material misrepresentation of the car or other fraud-related issue, I wouldn't even begin to know the appropriate legal channels to pursue action if warranted.

I guess the same issue applies across state lines but I guess there is some base comfort in knowing I'd have some measure of protections (which I imagine are minimal regardless).

Now Porsche-less for the time being.
Old 11-11-2019, 12:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #86 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBonus View Post
I have never bought a car from Canada and while Google says importing it is no problem, my concern would be if buying at a distance via the Internet that if there was some material misrepresentation of the car or other fraud-related issue, I wouldn't even begin to know the appropriate legal channels to pursue action if warranted.

I guess the same issue applies across state lines but I guess there is some base comfort in knowing I'd have some measure of protections (which I imagine are minimal regardless).
There's no protection up here..it's how we pay for our health care.
1965 911 300760 1976 911S
Old 11-11-2019, 04:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #87 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawknees'Turbo View Post
RawhideRey, my mancard is so yuuuuuggggeee that I could even be seen driving a Miata or a Boxster and no one would question it!!!
looking through magnifying glasses again I see..lol
Old 11-11-2019, 04:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #88 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
looking through magnifying glasses again I see..lol
Check your inbox () for pics of my mancard, but don't open the message when family, even family pets, are around!!!
Old 11-11-2019, 05:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #89 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawknees'Turbo View Post
Check your inbox () for pics of my mancard, but don't open the message when family, even family pets, are around!!!
I just did...I didn't know mancards came that small
Old 11-11-2019, 06:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #90 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBonus View Post

They're not minimal they're non-existent. You're buying a 40 year old used car from a private party over the internet.

I get there's fear of buying from a "foreign country". But in reality buying from Buffalo or from Toronto is not any different for cars in question. If they're a POS, they're a POS and you have no recourse on either side of the border.
Old 11-11-2019, 06:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #91 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
I just did...I didn't know mancards came that small
Dayuummnnn, I accidently sent the original instead of the Photoshopped version!!!
Old 11-11-2019, 10:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #92 (permalink)
Amateur

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubawu View Post
Thanks Tbone1209 I figured you were a friend. I just wanted to see if I was right.
All the cars are nice and all of them had flaws...its typical stuff for 40+ year old cars!
The thread is as much if not more about the buyers you are targeting than about your car. You do realize that, right ?
Old 11-11-2019, 11:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #93 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaive View Post
They're not minimal they're non-existent. You're buying a 40 year old used car from a private party over the internet.

I get there's fear of buying from a "foreign country". But in reality buying from Buffalo or from Toronto is not any different for cars in question. If they're a POS, they're a POS and you have no recourse on either side of the border.
Vaive,

I spend a lot of time in Ontario. Have for 25 years. Of course it's not that difficult to import a car from Toronto to Buffalo. You just can't convince 90% of the people in the US of this fact, and those are the ones bidding on BaT.

Hell, the vast majority of Americans have zero knowledge of your entire country. This coming from someone whose wife and kids are Canadian. Canadians are way more informed about the US than the other way around. Much more informed in fact.

What's the population? They have different currency? Don't they speak French? Aren't you afraid of the polar bears? Isn't it cold up there all the time?

So now on BaT, you have to sell your car AND educate the buyers about Canadian importation. One more step most American buyers don't want to bother with. There are plenty of cars right here in the US, they say.

It's hard enough buying a car on an auction site. Add importing it from a foreign country with polar bears and tundra, and you limit your bidders.
Old 11-12-2019, 06:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #94 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYNick View Post
What's the population? They have different currency? Don't they speak French? Aren't you afraid of the polar bears? Isn't it cold up there all the time?
Heh. I suppose that's not too far from the truth.
Like I said earlier, it's very easy, but people's default setting is laziness. Oh well, their loss.

As for stereotypes, it goes both ways. I too have spent a lot of time up there. The typical Canuck thinks 28 million Americans die on the steps of a hospital every year. And for God sake's stop wearing Speedos on Maine's beaches. OK this applies only to Quebecers who aren't all that Canadian, but still.
Old 11-12-2019, 06:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #95 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaive View Post
Heh. I suppose that's not too far from the truth.
Like I said earlier, it's very easy, but people's default setting is laziness. Oh well, their loss.

As for stereotypes, it goes both ways. I too have spent a lot of time up there. The typical Canuck thinks 28 million Americans die on the steps of a hospital every year. And for God sake's stop wearing Speedos on Maine's beaches. OK this applies only to Quebecers who aren't all that Canadian, but still.

Yeah, when my Canadian buddies start busting my American chops, I just bring up the CAD. That shuts 'em up every time.
Old 11-12-2019, 07:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #96 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: