Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Looking for an education

Plus itís too cold to go out and do anything.

The 76 turbo north of the border.

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/porsche/930/1899242.html

What would that be worth if it were a few hundred miles south?
Or more pertinently given the current market is it a decent price? Its red, which isnít my first choice and itís obviously not cheap because itís been there for quite a while. We just covered that buyers get hammered because no one wants to import from Canada too, but Iím not as far away as someone in Texas, say.

Sadly, there arenít a lot of 76s to compare against.

Iíd go look at a modded one if I could find a nice one (no not that white thing at rmc - I couldnít afford to put the bodywork right), but if itís to be an aircooled I want a 76.
Old 11-12-2019, 04:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
gearhead

Why does it matter that it’s a 76 if you’d be happy with a modded one? A big piece of the price bump and collectibility requires a stock 3l lump in the car. If you want a modified one going a few years newer will save you tens of thousands of dollars on purchase price.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 11-12-2019, 05:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Monson View Post
Why does it matter that itís a 76 if youíd be happy with a modded one? A big piece of the price bump and collectibility requires a stock 3l lump in the car. If you want a modified one going a few years newer will save you tens of thousands of dollars on purchase price.
Itís not collectibility. Itís age.
Needs to be 76 or earlier or Iíd just go look at 505s.
Hell Iíd take a 70 with an engine swap.
Old 11-12-2019, 05:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Great looking car..... seems to be in nice shape..... what am I missing? Why has this car not sold?
Old 11-12-2019, 05:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Guess a 76 really aint that conmon

Last edited by Alan A; 11-13-2019 at 06:03 PM..
Old 11-13-2019, 06:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

These are the manliest, rudest, unfiltered porsche that will ever be! I’ve seen the crowds 930s draw at car shows.. young old alike. 912s 911s 356s 991s they will walk right past.. A 930 really captured the public’s imagination like no other porsche before or since.

These early 930 turbos just get better with age. 993 and 964 turbos were and are engineering marvels but neither has or will age as well as the original 930 turbos.

Would anyone here disagree that NO porsche before or since has captured the public’s imagination like the 930 did so unbelievably!

TV shows
Motion pictures
Posters
Folders
Artwork
Toys

List goes on and on and on..

Market is as low as it will ever be at this point.. 930s are the smartest buys RIGHT NOW!!!!

Kindest Regards,

93097004xx
Old 11-13-2019, 06:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

^^^

Oh man, doubled me over (not like THAT! )!
Old 11-13-2019, 06:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialtyoneinc View Post
These are the manliest, rudest, unfiltered porsche that will ever be! I’ve seen the crowds 930s draw at car shows.. young old alike. 912s 911s 356s 991s they will walk right past.. A 930 really captured the public’s imagination like no other porsche before or since.

These early 930 turbos just get better with age. 993 and 964 turbos were and are engineering marvels but neither has or will age as well as the original 930 turbos.

Would anyone here disagree that NO porsche before or since has captured the public’s imagination like the 930 did so unbelievably!

TV shows
Motion pictures
Posters
Folders
Artwork
Toys

List goes on and on and on..

Market is as low as it will ever be at this point.. 930s are the smartest buys RIGHT NOW!!!!

Kindest Regards,

93097004xx
So you are saying it is a good buy?

Last edited by Alan A; 11-14-2019 at 09:56 AM..
Old 11-13-2019, 07:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macroni View Post
Great looking car..... seems to be in nice shape..... what am I missing? Why has this car not sold?
Because unfortunately that car has been repainted from itís original color. Albeit it looks very nice but it does hurt the value.
Old 11-13-2019, 08:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by speednme1 View Post
Because unfortunately that car has been repainted from itís original color to Guards Red. Albeit it looks very nice but it does hurt the value.
Fixed it It's overpriced with the repaint to GR and a repaint at 40k make me think the miles are incorrect too.
Old 11-14-2019, 08:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan A View Post
So you are saying it is a good buy?
I don't think so. As others stated, repaint from original mahogany metallic. Also doubt there are service documents verifying the mileage on that example or they would of mentioned it in the ad.

Here's RM auction result.

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/az15/arizona/lots/r197-1976-porsche-911-turbo/181374
Old 11-14-2019, 10:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
Nice looking car and a significant piece of Porsche history. Rather tepid performance by modern standards, but folks no longer buy these for their awesome performance.

Not worth anywhere near that price to me but... If you MUST have it, anything goes.

Last edited by Cajundaddy; 11-14-2019 at 02:56 PM..
Old 11-14-2019, 12:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajundaddy View Post
Nice looking car and a significant piece of Porsche history. Rather tepid performance by modern standards, but folks no longer buy these for their awesome performance.

Not worth anywhere near that price to me but... If you MUST have it, anything goes.
As an owner of a 77 930 I can attest that the early 930ís are not about performance when compared to modern standard but as far as fun goes, these early cars fit the bill...at least for me. Yes Iíve made some small upgrades but even in stock form it fills the fun factor. No need to hit 120 mph just so one can there woodie on...80-100mph feels fast enough. The cars also exude character...much that is missing in todayís modern cars.
Old 11-14-2019, 06:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

I've owned a few of these, great cars, exhaust mods will really wake up the performance.

Phil
Old 11-16-2019, 05:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: