Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Scam Alert

Scam Alert!

New member queenmelly123 joined this morning and sent me an email saying a man named Francis in California has a 356 project car for sale. Her email is melissabrown1500@gmail.com. his email is francisburton1500@gmail.com.

Both having 1500 in their emails looked suspicious but I thought maybe it's father and daughter so I sent an email to Francis asking for some info on the car.

He's trying to sell a 356 coupe for $35,750 with free shipping. That was another red flag so I did some research and found out he's trying to sell a 356 that sold on Bring A Trailer last year for $102,000!

Old 11-14-2019, 09:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs-vic View Post
Both having 1500 in their emails looked suspicious
Thanks for the heads up.

Probably because he/they used the same fake e-mail generator/masker.

EDIT: That user has been banned: Scammer: queenmelly123

Last edited by 2ndTARGA; 11-15-2019 at 07:23 AM..
Old 11-15-2019, 07:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Long before it made it to BAT, it was at Unobtanium HQ, came from an estate in FL. The really cool thing, in the back seat there was a microfiche reader with all the Factory slides!

---Adam

356 Registry 17369
Early 911S Registry
912 Registry, PCA
Old 11-15-2019, 01:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
War Vet

Garage
No wonder Suger-britches doesn’t like you...

Lol..

Btw, at first glance that paint looked like rust...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unobtanium-inc View Post
Long before it made it to BAT, it was at Unobtanium HQ, came from an estate in FL. The really cool thing, in the back seat there was a microfiche reader with all the Factory slides!

---Adam

Old 11-15-2019, 03:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt930s View Post
No wonder Suger-britches doesn’t like you...

Lol..

Btw, at first glance that paint looked like rust...
The really funny thing about that deal was the estate was being split between 7 relatives. One cousin got all the cars dumped on him because they said he was a "car guy". We were going back and forth on a price and he finally said, "I'll take your offer, it's fair, and my share is 1/7th of the total so coming down on price doesn't effect me my cut much". I asked if his relatives would be pissed with the deal, he said if they wanted to maximize the return, they could have sold the car.

Cool car, wish I could find more like it. And no I didn't get $102,000 for it, but I also had it years before, though no one touched the wacky paint job.

---Adam

356 Registry 17369
Early 911S Registry
912 Registry, PCA
Old 11-15-2019, 03:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: