Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
devalued member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItzaMe View Post
Not sure what the deal is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ but it's all good.

Thanks Tony
come on itchy. you've been here long enough to know yir gunna take some from time to time all in good fun and give some if you got the game.. i guess i should have used some smiley faces in my hardly post?

where was ol tony looking out for me while pnutz was hurting my feelings with the cappy caveman clips every day for what seems like three years or so...?

those were hard times for me...

be happy we pay attention, you could be a sweet stump

Last edited by juanbenae; 09-08-2020 at 06:55 PM..
Old 09-08-2020, 06:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #301 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Don’t worry Juan I got your back too. I guess I spend much time in parf and felt bad seeing itza continuing to get dog piled on.
I’m good with everyone.

Well except ziggy and corgi. But they’re just Chinese bots anyways.
Tony
Old 09-08-2020, 07:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #302 (permalink)
gearhead

I knew Tobs was just messing with him.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 09-09-2020, 05:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #303 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocker View Post
I hope this doesn't come off as piling on, but as a long time MC rider, Itzy, your lack of protection gives me the heebie-jeebies.

Sorry to sound like your dad, but you know there are two types of riders: Those who have been down and those who will go down. Trust me, it hurts when you hit the pavement. Get some good gloves and at least wear long pants and denim jacket. I'll hold off for now on the open-face helmet.
Remembering college days in OC CA I rode a 550 Honda with no Helmut 1986 - 88 when I graduated from Southern California College. That is directly across the street from the OC Fair grounds. One day on Harbor Blvd at a stop light, next lane guy in a Pickup truck say out the window. -- Hey! I see you're not wearing a Helmut. I have a son in intensive care at a nearby hospital because he wasn't wearing one! You're a good looking young man, I'd like to see you wearing a Helmut!

I kind of shyly hit the throttle when the light turned green, though I did give him a nod. It was a joy riding around in God's country for three years in the wind and the sun without one because we could then by law. I never strapped on a Helmut after that but probably should have. Had been driving dirt bikes since 12 years old, lots of experience, but accidents happen. That is why they call them accidents.
Old 09-09-2020, 06:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #304 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911heaven View Post
Hey ItzaMe! All the Harley stuff got me going. I'm not a biker guy really to be honest. I did a few Harleys (4) and a Triumph 1955 model back pre 2000, just before just after vintage stuff. These I crated myself in the hometown and drove to Long Beach and cleared here by myself.

One was a 71 FLH Shovelhead. I drove that one briefly here with the girlfriend who is now my wife. The others I didn't mess with, sold them immediately to dealers. Doubled my money on every one of them. I did screw up on the last one, post 2000. It was a 2002 new Police Harley I got in the home town from a classmate Policeman. That, I didn't do my homework on. Long story, didn't lose money, didn't make any, just lost time on DOT, EPA bullsh-t here.

If you want to see a pic of that FLH 71 let me know. I'll dig it up and post it. At least you'll get to see my girlfriend then. We rode the bike out to Awaji island.

bernie
Dang that's pretty cool, I always love hearing stories like that! The EPA stuff makes me mad too since I have to deal with it on the regular with modern cars..

Share some photos if you can find them! I dig a lot of vintage stuff if you can't tell already haha
Old 09-09-2020, 12:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #305 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanbenae View Post
come on itchy. you've been here long enough to know yir gunna take some from time to time all in good fun and give some if you got the game.. i guess i should have used some smiley faces in my hardly post?

where was ol tony looking out for me while pnutz was hurting my feelings with the cappy caveman clips every day for what seems like three years or so...?

those were hard times for me...

be happy we pay attention, you could be a sweet stump
LOLLL

You got me, it all went over my head.

I'm just too used to getting roasted on here honestly haha
Old 09-09-2020, 12:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #306 (permalink)

Registered

Garage
Quote:
Dang that's pretty cool, I always love hearing stories like that! The EPA stuff makes me mad too since I have to deal with it on the regular with modern cars..

Share some photos if you can find them! I dig a lot of vintage stuff if you can't tell already haha
I tried to dig days ago ItzaMe, but at the time deep spot behind all the wife's leather hides in her storage. She said no, but give me time... She does handmade leather works and just busy lately.

The 55 Triumph I traded to a neighbor for a 69 912 (red) plus 2k. The 71 FLH was his too. John Kay was a generation ahead of me. If I dig out the pic you'll see the leather inlay between the seat and gas tank which read: BABY APE. That was his rider's name back in the day.

Hope your yellow car is coming along for you well. I like a yellow Porsche and I think I mentioned that early in your thread. I have one! I had a yellow R-34 Gt-R Skyline years ago, a very rare color back then. Keep it coming on your yellow beast in progress when the time is right.
Old 09-16-2020, 02:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #307 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
I tried to dig days ago ItzaMe, but at the time deep spot behind all the wife's leather hides in her storage. She said no, but give me time... She does handmade leather works and just busy lately.

The 55 Triumph I traded to a neighbor for a 69 912 (red) plus 2k. The 71 FLH was his too. John Kay was a generation ahead of me. If I dig out the pic you'll see the leather inlay between the seat and gas tank which read: BABY APE. That was his rider's name back in the day.

Hope your yellow car is coming along for you well. I like a yellow Porsche and I think I mentioned that early in your thread. I have one! I had a yellow R-34 Gt-R Skyline years ago, a very rare color back then. Keep it coming on your yellow beast in progress when the time is right.
No rush, wouldn't want to get her mad at you

That's pretty cool, did she ever do any interior pieces for ya?

Wow a yellow R-34 sounds crazy, do share some photos of that if you find any! Are you in the states or somewhere else? Must have cost a pretty penny not being officially legal here in the US yet.
edit: Just saw you are in Japan! Very cool, have been wanting to import something over for the last 5+ years but never got around to it. If you have ever dealt with any of that stuff maybe you're my guy!!

I'm currently waiting on my good buddy who is nice with the welder to have his shop/house garage wrapped up. Should be done in the new week or two. In the mean time I'll be releasing a video of me swapping on the steelies and a more in dept walk around. After that I will start drilling out the spot welds so that we can hit the ground running once I can get it to my buddys place.
Old 09-16-2020, 05:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #308 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
No rush, wouldn't want to get her mad at you

That's pretty cool, did she ever do any interior pieces for ya?

Wow a yellow R-34 sounds crazy, do share some photos of that if you find any! Are you in the states or somewhere else? Must have cost a pretty penny not being officially legal here in the US yet.
edit: Just saw you are in Japan! Very cool, have been wanting to import something over for the last 5+ years but never got around to it. If you have ever dealt with any of that stuff maybe you're my guy!!

I'm currently waiting on my good buddy who is nice with the welder to have his shop/house garage wrapped up. Should be done in the new week or two. In the mean time I'll be releasing a video of me swapping on the steelies and a more in dept walk around. After that I will start drilling out the spot welds so that we can hit the ground running once I can get it to my buddys place.
Yeah actually, she recovered my steering wheel in nice black leather on my 69E a couple years ago and did an excellent job! I will use her in the future!

Will try to dig up some GT-R 34 pix, but all on dead hard drives in a drawer. You could probably do it faster. Google R34 GT-R C-West Demo car. If you see one with an ARC intercooler up front, side decals, black Rays wheels, dry carbon trunk and wing that's me! You'll know when you see a red upper windscreen sticker that reads: C-West Service Factory.

Take your time on the 912! All good things take time. Slow and steady wins the race!!

bernie
Old 09-16-2020, 05:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #309 (permalink)
gearhead

I was hoping for pictures...
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 09-16-2020, 06:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #310 (permalink)
Registered

Anticipation. Then disappointment.
Old 09-16-2020, 06:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #311 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Monson View Post
I was hoping for pictures...
If you mean me Matt, you can google them too as above. I don't really have any except those 3 on the sugar thread when I sold it on the auction here. That was a long time ago. I regret none of the engine bay, but I do have them somewhere, just a hassle to find. Engine bay is worth seeing though.
Old 09-16-2020, 06:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #312 (permalink)

Registered

Quote:
If you mean me Matt, you can google them too as above. I don't really have any except those 3 on the sugar thread when I sold it on the auction here. That was a long time ago. I regret none of the engine bay, but I do have them somewhere, just a hassle to find. Engine bay is worth seeing though.
Here it is!

https://www.gtrusablog.com/2007/12/c-west-demo-r34-some-recent-pictures.html

Looks sweet, wonder where it is now.

Video of the 912 will be live in the next day or two. Hard to find time to edit and spend time with wife while working on projects.

Picked up two more S2000's over the last few day so I'm glad she hasn't killed me yet Lol
Old 09-16-2020, 06:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #313 (permalink)
gearhead

I meant instame. I didn’t realize you guys were talking about pictures. I don’t read Bernie. I just meant more pictures less words.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 09-16-2020, 06:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #314 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
I meant instame. I didn’t realize you guys were talking about pictures. I don’t read Bernie. I just meant more pictures less words.
Well, you got the pics anyway. Why are you complaining? Talk to me Goose! Is there a problem?
Old 09-16-2020, 07:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #315 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
No Porsche photos but can cough up these.

The white 2002 I owned years back and sold to a buddy. It's leaking one of the airbags as you can see (completely on the ground) and he was looking to replace suspension and ended up finally just selling it back to me (talked about it before).

The blue 2002 one has 47k miles and picked it up locally. Cool matching blue interior and a blast to drive minus a few little things. Surprised none of my friends picked it up because they have all become s2000 vultures since me and my bro have owned them.

Not my driveway. Don't own a house yet.

Old 09-16-2020, 11:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #316 (permalink)
Troll Hunter

Garage
I guess I'm ok with you chasing cars before a house. I would recommend doing the opposite however. Mortgages and RE Taxes are deductible.
Old 09-16-2020, 01:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #317 (permalink)
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYNick View Post
I guess I'm ok with you chasing cars before a house. I would recommend doing the opposite however. Mortgages and RE Taxes are deductible.
Takes a while to save up a down payment. A lot of people used to put that money in a savings account, or more recently a money market account. Instame is just putting it into an asset. I did the same thing when I bought my first house. I sold a car I owned outright along with a rare race engine, and had my down payment and closing costs.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 09-16-2020, 01:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #318 (permalink)
Registered

Always liked the s2000. What’s a low mileage one going for like the blue one you picked up?
Old 09-16-2020, 05:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #319 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYNick View Post
I won't have a mortgage on the house we end up moving into.

We put an offer in a few days ago on a house that was involve in a small fire. Needed some repairs but was in a great spot, right down the road from both of our old neighborhoods and it was an overall beautiful property. Long story short we didn't get it even though it was a very generous offer, the sold price will be listed once closed..

Old 09-16-2020, 07:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #320 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: