Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopCat View Post
There will always be the people yelling about how ridiculous all this shutdown and social distancing was. "See! There was no pandemic!" LOL
It's not black and white, believe it's the end of the world or believe it doesn't exist. For the past 2 weeks we've been told this would be a 12 on a 0-10 scale. Turns out it will be more like a 4 or 5.

Old 03-26-2020, 10:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #201 (permalink)
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaive View Post
I'll call out ridiculous nonsense every time I see it. Sorry if that offends you and your precious econ degree.
I'm not offended in the least. Everyone here knows what kind of person you are. Since the day you started posting here you're always looking to sow discord and start drama. That's your thing. And if you get this thing and it kills you not a single member of this board will notice other than to say,"Whew, I'm glad that guy finally STFU".
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 03-26-2020, 10:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #202 (permalink)

Quote:
It's not black and white, believe it's the end of the world or believe it doesn't exist. For the past 2 weeks we've been told this would be a 12 on a 0-10 scale. Turns out it will be more like a 4 or 5.
Depends on who you've been listening to obviously, and there is always a difference between "would be" and "could be." Plus we are not out of this yet so its a little early for a victory lap. But we can see you are eager to jump. lol
Old 03-26-2020, 10:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #203 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Yes it is.
This is how much debt is owned by foreigners out of a total of $22T. China isn't even 5%. Everything not on this chart is domestically owned. The split is always changing since we're continually issuing new debt that is purchased by different groups, as well as existing debt traded between entities. But it is consistently in the 80/20 range, give or take.

Thanks for the chart Valve! I didn't know that. In years passed I'd always assumed US debt was about half foreign owned. 80/20? That's not so bad. Now I feel prouder to be an American, thanks to you!
Old 03-26-2020, 10:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #204 (permalink)

Any chance of getting back on topic, "Economy Slow Down effect on Prices". Doesn't even need to be Porsche prices. It's a nice break from what's happening out there and it's effects on us. There is another forum called "Off Topic" to rant on.
If someone goes off topic here, just ignore it, at some point they will give up and go away. Maybe to the "off topic" forum.
I'll start, there is a Ford dealer down in SoCal who jacked up the price of the new Mustang $75K over msrp. wonder how that's working out.
Old 03-26-2020, 10:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #205 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Monson View Post
I'm not offended in the least. Everyone here knows what kind of person you are. Since the day you started posting here you're always looking to sow discord and start drama. That's your thing. And if you get this thing and it kills you not a single member of this board will notice other than to say,"Whew, I'm glad that guy finally STFU".
It's always the guy's who hide behind a screen name too, that way if you happen to run into them they probably aren't so tough talk. In public they can just be Chuck or Jimmy, but never their screen name.

---Adam

356 Registry 17369
Early 911S Registry
912 Registry, PCA
Old 03-26-2020, 10:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #206 (permalink)

gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unobtanium-inc View Post
It's always the guy's who hide behind a screen name too, that way if you happen to run into them they probably aren't so tough talk. In public they can just be Chuck or Jimmy, but never their screen name.

---Adam
Exactly. His degrees are probably from Regis, if he has them at all.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 03-26-2020, 10:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #207 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
Quote:
Don't worry, I'm sure all the $75k range rovers returned on lease this month will be back on the road shortly as soon as people decide its safe enough to continue not saving anything for the future.
HaHaHa! How did you know she drives a Range Rover. They fit the mold.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #208 (permalink)
Troll Hunter

Garage
Quote:
That's not like you Matt.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #209 (permalink)
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYNick View Post
That's not like you Matt.
Im not wishing the guy dead. Im just saying he wouldnt be missed. Lets not go too far here. Im still all for peace, love, and understanding. Ficke and I know each other. We have a rapport, and this clown interjects with his little diatribe? Come on man. Please tell me you didnt have a wtf are you on about reaction to it?
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 03-26-2020, 11:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #210 (permalink)
Troll Hunter

Garage
Quote:
I’m not wishing the guy dead. I’m just saying he wouldn’t be missed. Let’s not go too far here. I’m still all for peace, love, and understanding. Ficke and I “know” each other. We have a rapport, and this clown interjects with his little diatribe? Come on man. Please tell me you didn’t have a “wtf are you on about reaction “ to it?
No, I didn't, that wasn't my reaction.
He's a dope, which is why I tried to negate the whole thing about his degrees.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #211 (permalink)
Amateur

Garage
Quote:
Im not wishing the guy dead. Im just saying he wouldnt be missed. Lets not go too far here. Im still all for peace, love, and understanding. Ficke and I know each other. We have a rapport, and this clown interjects with his little diatribe? Come on man. Please tell me you didnt have a wtf are you on about reaction to it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYNick View Post
No, I didn't, that wasn't my reaction.
He's a dope, which is why I tried to negate the whole thing about his degrees.

Old 03-26-2020, 02:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #212 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Says who? The ad says he needs a daily driver.
In any given month, there are dozens of cars put up for sale, for a variety of reasons.
Unless the ads states, "Wow, I am ****ed. I bought this 911 with a credit card, and now McDonald's just laid me off"
It is a fallacy to assume 100% of cars being sold now are distress sales.
Dozens of cars would have been newly listed even without the virus.
It's now April Spring when many cars hit the for sale market.

Last edited by sugarwood; 03-26-2020 at 02:35 PM..
Old 03-26-2020, 02:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #213 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarwood View Post
Says who? The ad says he needs a daily driver.
In any given month, there are dozens of cars put up for sale, for a variety of reasons.
Unless the ads states, "Wow, I am ****ed. I bought this 911 with a credit card, and now McDonald's just laid me off"
It is a fallacy to assume 100% of cars being sold now are distress sales.
Dozens of cars would have been newly listed even without the virus.
It's now April Spring when many cars hit the for sale market.
Literally right in the add dude.

"it pains me to sell it, but right now cash is king and I'm not in a financial position to have this type of toy with everything going on."

Pretty clear to me.
Old 03-26-2020, 02:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #214 (permalink)
gearhead

Quote:
Literally right in the add dude.

"it pains me to sell it, but right now cash is king and I'm not in a financial position to have this type of toy with everything going on."

Pretty clear to me.
Dont feed the Suga.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 03-26-2020, 03:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #215 (permalink)
Amateur

Garage
Quote:
Dont feed the Suga.
It's time for another dose !

Old 03-26-2020, 04:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #216 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

And!

Old 03-26-2020, 04:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #217 (permalink)
gearhead

I love Jabberjaw.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 03-26-2020, 04:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #218 (permalink)
Used User

Quote:
Originally Posted by techweenie View Post
The US was already running a $1 trillion deficit, and another $2 trillion is just more borrowed money.

And who do we borrow it from? China, of course.

Meantime, a $1200 check (actually tax credit) in May isn't gonna do a whole lot of good for individuals out of work or who have had to shut down or cut back their businesses.

Where do you read that the personal money is a tax credit and not a bankable check?
Old 03-26-2020, 05:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #219 (permalink)
Amateur

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawknees'Turbo View Post
And!

Haha, thread has turned way too depressing otherwise...

but yeah, M2 and NN, the caveman strategy is not a bad way to go given what you have posted. The caveman is in the safest place amongst us all except for Raw' since he only has animals to worry about !

Old 03-26-2020, 06:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #220 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: