Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Fine and dandy, but these are not a Bad time like I have ever seen or any one else. Not one of us know where this is going economically.
A few scenarios involve people not paying rent on a large scale for months, home owners not paying the mortgage, business owners not paying the lease or wages of a lot of people, almost the entire economy shut down. Not just one industry like housing or the auto or wall street took a hit, a lot of markets were hit. Every body from individuals to airlines, auto manufactures, hospitals, banks to name a few will be looking for a bail out from the Feds.
But the Feds have lower tax's revenue as there is little commerce to tax, Borrowing is difficult for the Feds now, printing looks like the out or as called by the last two administrations "quantitative easing" Inflation can be a real likely hood. probably bigger than the late 70's and early 80's. Then fixed income people will suffer.
I think this virus is serious and should be taken with recommended precaution, especially if so many different leaders from so many different states and even countries are so willing to throw their states and countries economy in to the worst mess I have ever seen.
I am sitting pretty, but for the inevitable people I will have to carry who did not or could not plan well, and there are a lot of them.

Old 03-21-2020, 08:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
Stock Market / Economy Slow Down effect on Prices

^^* Shhhh, The world economy is fake. This is the flu. Last time was financial collapse. This is a mild reset; Relax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by 1979-930; 03-22-2020 at 05:09 AM..
Old 03-21-2020, 09:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)
Various P cars :)

Garage
Well written ficke.
Who knows where we're heading....sorta scary.
Porsche values? I'm expecting the less perfect cars to feel the negative impact first. Also expecting the "blue chip" cars to remain relatively stable....just longer for sellers to find the right buyers.
Let us all hope we don't lose too many of our fellow citizens in the process.
George
Old 03-22-2020, 02:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

Garage
Just a little hope from the land of the rising sun. Read an article yesterday titled Japan opening up slowly and quietly or something like that. Some amusement parks have reopened. They check temperatures of customers on entry and have guidelines to stay several feet away from the next person etc, However, It's a step forward to keep the economy going. I realize the US and some countries are still on the other end of the curve. We had it here first. All schools closed down nationwide weeks ago. New school year is looking to start on time on April 7th. Waseda U. in Kanto (Tokyo) however will postpone the start for 2 weeks, and now Kindai (kansai/Osaka) may also start 2 weeks late 4/20 as a precaution. Still there is hope in the air that things are getting better. I'm not saying it won't come back to bite, just talking about the curve, something most of y'all are still on the other side of. They always say things start in California, This started in East Asia. Going backwards this time!
Old 03-22-2020, 02:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979-930 View Post
^^* Shhhh, The world economy is fake. This is the flu. Last time was financial collapse. This is a mild rest; Relax.

I used to think you were one of the smart ones.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 03-22-2020, 03:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

reaction

Whether you feel you are in a comfortable position or not these moments will have a lasting effect for some time on us all.I just hope everyone will earnestly work together to bring this to a standstill.Then we can go back to the good life everyone has taken for granted and used to complain about again.Healthy thoughts to all.Ciao Fred
Old 03-22-2020, 03:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by faapgar View Post
Whether you feel you are in a comfortable position or not these moments will have a lasting effect for some time on us all.I just hope everyone will earnestly work together to bring this to a standstill.Then we can go back to the good life everyone has taken for granted and used to complain about again.Healthy thoughts to all.Ciao Fred
Ciao Fred!
Old 03-22-2020, 04:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)

Sharing one guys perspective, also curious to hear from anyone that actually bought or sold in this environment.

I just sold a 79 911SC Euro this month March 2020.

The sale took twelve days from advertisement to payment in full, the car has been delivered.

Purchased the 79 four years ago, January 2016.

The sale price was 50% more than I paid.

The buyer is happy and I’m satisfied with the results.

BTW: I received four offers.

Good cars sell even in this market.

I am clearing out a few cars because we have an opportunity to add a very special car to the stable.

Sold 14 911-50, 79 911SC 2011 997.2 C2S, 1988 944, 2016 GT4, 2013 981, 1980 911 SC 3.2, 77 911S Targa, 1970 914GT 3.2, 1973 914, 71 914, 76 912E, 89 944 S2, 1980 924 Turbo, 98 987, 70 911T, 72 914, 75 914, 73 914, 87 944, 74 911, 72 914

Last edited by Patrick3000; 03-22-2020 at 05:19 AM..
Old 03-22-2020, 05:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Monson View Post
I used to think you were one of the smart ones.

Ha!

Old 03-22-2020, 05:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)

Garage
Did you both go to Bezerkeley? Who's the smartest cookie on the block, or the calmest?
Old 03-22-2020, 05:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)

Garage
OMMMM, OMMMMMMMM, OMMMMMM, OMMMMMMMM

Old 03-22-2020, 07:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick3000 View Post
I just sold a 79 911SC Euro this month March 2020.

The sale took twelve days from advertisement to payment in full, the car has been delivered.

Purchased the 79 four years ago, January 2016.

The sale price was 50% more than I paid.

The buyer is happy and Iím satisfied with the results.

BTW: I received four offers.

When in March? March 2nd and March 22nd are worlds apart.

Reality hasn't hit people yet. A large part of the population still thinks this will be a few weeks of staying at home and then one day, poof everything is A-OK and life is back to normal.

It will take a month or two for things to sink in.
Old 03-22-2020, 09:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)

Troll Hunter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaive View Post
When in March? March 2nd and March 22nd are worlds apart.

Reality hasn't hit people yet. A large part of the population still thinks this will be a few weeks of staying at home and then one day, poof everything is A-OK and life is back to normal.

It will take a month or two for things to sink in.
I believe this is true. Where I live, it has sunk in, big time, yet idiots are still hanging out in the NYC parks while their kids are on the playgrounds. We get 3 press conferences a day. One from the Feds, one from the NYS Governor and one from the NYC Mayor. Our Governor is attacking this thing like a wartime General, thank God, but he's afraid it won't be enough. At this rate of spread, he's right. Simple math.

My friends in Florida are operating like business as usual, playing golf and socializing. Every one of them are over 60. It hasn't sunk in a lot of places.

Wait until they get people dying in their county. Maybe they'll wake up then. I don't get it.
Old 03-22-2020, 11:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)
gearhead

Lots of people are still in denial here, even though the number if known cases has tripled since Friday. My wife just told me about people in her homeschool community who are shaming and mocking the people who have decided to isolate. They've always had certain attitude because their kids get fewer colds and less flu because they aren't in the public school petri dish. So they are at the park en masse today. I would be here at home even if my other daughter didn't have a fever of 102.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 03-22-2020, 11:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYNick View Post
I believe this is true. Where I live, it has sunk in, big time, yet idiots are still hanging out in the NYC parks while their kids are on the playgrounds. We get 3 press conferences a day. One from the Feds, one from the NYS Governor and one from the NYC Mayor. Our Governor is attacking this thing like a wartime General, thank God, but he's afraid it won't be enough. At this rate of spread, he's right. Simple math.

My friends in Florida are operating like business as usual, playing golf and socializing. Every one of them are over 60. It hasn't sunk in a lot of places.

Wait until they get people dying in their county. Maybe they'll wake up then. I don't get it.
Cuomo is doing what he's doing because he wants to be president some day, so don't use that as a gauge of how serious or not it is. Politicians live for this stuff. The most dangerous place on earth is the distance between a politician and a camera.

I meant hasn't sunk in financially speaking. People will die, in every county, most likely. But it is being blown way out of proportion in terms of impotance. A few thousand deaths is tragic, sure. But H1N1 killed 15,000 Americans and we didn't shut down the world over it. Most people barely even knew about it. This isn't denial, it's putting things in perspective and not setting hair one's hair on fire.

What I'm worried about the lingering effects of a significant portion of the economy shutting down. You don't just flip a switch and it goes back to where things were. The medical side of things will be what it is. The financial side of things will be worse than everyone thinks.

Last edited by Vaive; 03-22-2020 at 12:55 PM..
Old 03-22-2020, 12:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)
Troll Hunter

Garage
Cuomo is doing what he's doing because his state is in a state of emergency. It doesn't sound like you've been watching and listening to him. If you had, you wouldn't be bringing politics into the equation. He's doing an awesome job, and I can say with authority that I was never a big fan of his. If he did run for President however, I'd vote for him before any of the clowns currently available.

And your math doesn't work. Our current death rate in the USA is 1%, very good in relation to most of the world. Cuomo is estimating we need 100k beds. That's about 800-900,000 cases or more in the state of NY alone. That's 9,000 deaths in one state. There are 49 others that have yet to test the way we have or to understand their viral spread.

Of course the economic impact is huge and will continue to be so for years to come. That's worldwide, BTW. My savings has plummeted as much as the next guy, but it pales in comparison to the impact this virus is having on friends, families and life as we know it.

You must know money doesn't matter when you lose a love one, or you become seriously ill. You sound like one of the guys I say could use a near death experience to really understand what's important.

It's not the economy or your bank account, that's for sure.
Old 03-22-2020, 01:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaive View Post
Cuomo is doing what he's doing because he wants to be president some day, so don't use that as a gauge of how serious or not it is. Politicians live for this stuff. The most dangerous place on earth is the distance between a politician and a camera.

I meant hasn't sunk in financially speaking. People will die, in every county, most likely. But it is being blown way out of proportion in terms of impotance. A few thousand deaths is tragic, sure. But H1N1 killed 15,000 Americans and we didn't shut down the world over it. Most people barely even knew about it. This isn't denial, it's putting things in perspective and not setting hair one's hair on fire.

What I'm worried about the lingering effects of a significant portion of the economy shutting down. You don't just flip a switch and it goes back to where things were. The medical side of things will be what it is. The financial side of things will be worse than everyone thinks.
I guess you have to ask then, why are whole country's and US states locking down? Everyone can't be planning to be President one day. If you haven't realized that we've never seen anything like this before, other people have, including those in government. This isn't SARS, MERS, H1N1, or the flu, it's more contagious and more deadly than all of those, that's why states are screaming at the Feds that they need ventilators and masks. This is not politics and this is not business as usual, the quicker people understand that the less people will die as a result.

---Adam

356 Registry 17369
Early 911S Registry
912 Registry, PCA
Old 03-22-2020, 01:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

I just tried to Amazon shop for my 79 year old mother and every fuuuckin thing on her 10-item list is out of stock indefinitely (from paper products to cleaners, canned soups and even crackers and peanut butter). Peeps have lost their fuuuckin minds!
Old 03-22-2020, 01:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawknees'Turbo View Post
I just tried to Amazon shop for my 79 year old mother and every fuuuckin thing on her 10-item list is out of stock indefinitely (from paper products to cleaners, canned soups and even crackers and peanut butter). Peeps have lost their fuuuckin minds!
It's worse in the stories, my neighbor got hit in the head with a box yesterday, a guy with his baby was screaming that he couldn't get baby wipes and started throwing stuff, she just happened to come around the corner at the wrong time.

---Adam

356 Registry 17369
Early 911S Registry
912 Registry, PCA
Old 03-22-2020, 01:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)

There are TONS of people out and about today in Tucson. The bike paths are loaded with riders and families out walking. The golf course and driving range was crowded too.

Old 03-22-2020, 01:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: