Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

87 SN cab already at pre crash price

1987 930 cab Slant nose with 52K miles and repainted no less now on BAT with 2 days to go already @ $146K. Not even a 89. This seems to be a price not seen in many years for a car as described above.

Old 07-13-2020, 10:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

All assets are going up right now from the funny money being pumped into the economy, the rare stuff even more so.
Old 07-13-2020, 11:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
M505 average sale on BAT has been $125k for years now.

Here are two different 1987's that hit $150k in 2018
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1987-porsche-930-cabriolet-slant-nose/
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1987-porsche-911-turbo-35/

Add COVID and this one can get to $175k

Last edited by sugarwood; 07-13-2020 at 12:27 PM..
Old 07-13-2020, 12:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
I too was shocked to read the company completed auctions to see how much some of the crap sold for and how few were not bid to reserve.
$80k Broncos, $45k old ford trucks, $45k old Chevy trucks, $440k project 330GTC’s.
Some people must’ve gotten a lot more stimulus money than I did to pay some of these ridiculous prices.
Tony
Old 07-13-2020, 12:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
gearhead

Mike Shank Racing
Core Autosport
Wayne Taylor Racing
GMG Motorsports
And many others in Motorsports took the free money. I heard even Penske got some of it.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 07-13-2020, 01:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Monson View Post
free money.
I am assuming you are speaking of the PPP money?

I was under the impression you had to use at least 75% of it to maintain employees salaries and the balance had to be applied to operating expenses. If you could not do that it became a low interest loan.

Please clarify. We returned it all based upon the above; I am now wondering if we were mistaken.
Old 07-14-2020, 02:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macroni View Post
I am assuming you are speaking of the PPP money?

I was under the impression you had to use at least 75% of it to maintain employees salaries and the balance had to be applied to operating expenses. If you could not do that it became a low interest loan.

Please clarify. We returned it all based upon the above; I am now wondering if we were mistaken.
Yes, the PPP money. And you are correct itís not no-strings, but if you jump through hoops it is free.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 07-14-2020, 05:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Yes, the PPP money. And you are correct itís not no-strings, but if you jump through hoops it is free.
I believe they stated over $150,000 subject to audit. It was a fast moving process. There are quite a few benefits in the Cares Act. Worth reading carefully.
Old 07-14-2020, 07:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
Quote:
If you don't and use the money as you want it's still near free. 1% interest for 24 months is cheap money.
I used it as intended, but I can understand how some may just use it as a cheap loan.
Old 07-14-2020, 07:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Troll Hunter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979-930 View Post
If you don't and use the money as you want it's still near free. 1% interest for 24 months is cheap money.
I used it as intended, but I can understand how some may just use it as a cheap loan.
Well, I hate to say it, but the golf club I'm a member of in FLA took the PPP, lots of it. It's normally well balanced financially, but closing and then trying to keep all the employees was impossible without it. They spelled it out to all of us in an email a while back and it made sense for them to use the money for what it was designed for.

To their credit, EVERY employee was paid, and continues to get paid, while the club struggles with the financial impact of the pandemic. I'm guessing the club could have survived without it, but the employees would've suffered.

It's being used as it was supposed to be, and not used for capital improvements like some companies are doing.
Old 07-14-2020, 08:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarwood View Post
M505 average sale on BAT has been $125k for years now.

Add COVID and this one can get to $175k
$175K? Nothing wrong with that either. $146K and a day to go, so maybe. Even now the price is a major improvement in $$$$$$ from the recent past few years for 52K miles and a repaint. Maybe 505 & 506 getting more respect as Porsche thought the SN option to be a very special, adapting styling ques from the 935 for the final design of the 930 project. Who better to offer this one than Dick Barbour. I still have a photo of one of his 934.5 or was it a 935 ( may not have been one of the factory customer built ones ) racing and winning with much of the right rear heavily damaged.

Last edited by voitureltd; 07-14-2020 at 11:00 AM..
Old 07-14-2020, 10:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by voitureltd View Post
Who better to offer this one than Dick Barbour. I still have a photo of one of his 934.5 or was it a 935 ( may not have been one of the factory customer built ones ) racing and winning with much of the right rear heavily damaged.
I had Dick consign/sell my old 930 back in December/pre covid. it was areal honor to meet and talk with him..../super nice man. He has a cool museum at his place in Oakwood.
79 930 #632
88 911 Cab
74 TR6
88 CRX Si
Old 07-15-2020, 09:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
Registered

The 21k over bid combined with the subsequent warning to beware of this seller had this one ending in regulation without any additional bids.
Old 07-15-2020, 11:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS935 View Post

with the subsequent warning to beware of this seller
Hmmm, hope that guy feels better. With 45 or so years of messing with special Porsche's
bound to be a unhappy buyer. It was presented as that was his style. I'll bet there are very few that feel that way about Mr Barbour.

Last edited by voitureltd; 07-16-2020 at 08:54 AM..
Old 07-16-2020, 08:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by voitureltd View Post
Hmmm, hope that guy feels better. With 45 or so years of messing with special Porsche's
bound to be a unhappy buyer. It was presented as that was his style. I'll bet there are very few that feel that way about Mr Barbour.
Hello. I'm "that guy"

You can go take a look at the auction for the cashmere beige 1980 SC coupe on Pcarmarket and judge for yourself based on the description and invoice included with the auction.

He presented that the car had had a reseal. Take look at my build thread by x-faktory, does that look like an engine that has been recently resealed? He washed the bottom, that's all. it leaked like a sieve out of the triangle of death.

He presented that there was a valve adjustment. Not only was there a broken head stud, but the damn barrel nut and broken piece were nowhere to be found. I'm not aware of any half-competent tech that would miss that. Pretty bad form in my opinion.

The car never went easily into 1st gear, well, that's because all of the dog teeth for 1 were hiding in the nose cone, as I found out after I had my top end job done and was preparing to reinstall the engine.

I gave Mr. Barbour numerous opportunities to make it right, which he declined. I'm a reasonable guy, and all he did was deny, deny, deny. I think that guy has a recognizable name, but he is nothing more than a stereotypical used car salesman.
Old 07-16-2020, 12:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
gearhead

Look for a post history of Mulsanne79. That’s Dick’s sales guy. He has an interesting history here and Rennlist, both pretending not to be a dealer, and defending some pigs with lipstick that they were selling. I have no direct experience with them, but just remember his ID. He made an impression.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 07-16-2020, 01:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesarge View Post
Hello. I'm "that guy"

You can go take a look at the auction for the cashmere beige 1980 SC coupe on Pcarmarket and judge for yourself based on the description and invoice included with the auction.

He presented that the car had had a reseal. Take look at my build thread by x-faktory, does that look like an engine that has been recently resealed? He washed the bottom, that's all. it leaked like a sieve out of the triangle of death.

He presented that there was a valve adjustment. Not only was there a broken head stud, but the damn barrel nut and broken piece were nowhere to be found. I'm not aware of any half-competent tech that would miss that. Pretty bad form in my opinion.

The car never went easily into 1st gear, well, that's because all of the dog teeth for 1 were hiding in the nose cone, as I found out after I had my top end job done and was preparing to reinstall the engine.

I gave Mr. Barbour numerous opportunities to make it right, which he declined. I'm a reasonable guy, and all he did was deny, deny, deny. I think that guy has a recognizable name, but he is nothing more than a stereotypical used car salesman.
Sad news to hear that not all is well with some of the his dealerships dealings. Thanks, good to know this information. In the past decades I have had similar misrepresentations of work performed from or by others. Not much fun to deal with the complications of incorrect information.

Just finishing a repair on very high HP 930 that had incomplete / incorrect history of past work performed. The bill will be close to $60K.to make it right again. Actually it would not have been quite that much but we took the liberty to make it even better than when it was built. The while your in there and doing that applied. Just happy I never sold it before the problem with it happened, as I was led to believe it was fine just the way it was with recent dyno tune and 3% & 4% leak down all cylinders and may have thought the buyer had caused the problem by abuse etc. Now all should be good for me, or later, for another, to enjoy a 800HP machine, so that is the good thing about what happened.

Last edited by voitureltd; 07-17-2020 at 11:46 AM..
Old 07-17-2020, 08:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Look for a post history of Mulsanne79. Thatís Dickís sales guy.
Another complicating factor. Thanks for the info.

Old 07-17-2020, 08:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: