Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike80911 View Post
Exactly that is what they do they just troll the internet for ads and then make believe they have the car in stock. If someone wants to buy it they contact the owner and act as a middleman without the owners knowledge
He said he already has the $$$ to wire my account. Seems scammy

Old 10-09-2020, 04:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas View Post
He said he already has the $$$ to wire my account. Seems scammy
Set up a new account with $100 in it and tell him to wire the money on over. But it does sound scammy to me too
Old 10-09-2020, 06:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Registered

get the money before handing over the car - a bank draft, perhaps
have your banker confirm the funds.
Old 10-10-2020, 08:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike80911 View Post
Set up a new account with $100 in it and tell him to wire the money on over. But it does sound scammy to me too
I donít think Iím even gonna bother pursuing this. I like my 993. Only reason I put it up for sale over a year ago was because I was wanting to buy a mid year and do a backdate build. But seems like all those older aircooled 911s are an absolute maintenance headache. My 993 seems so bullet proof. I canít think of another aircooled 911 that Iíd want to replace it with. And $48k would not get me a pristine aircooled classic anyways.
Old 10-10-2020, 08:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Registered

993 is a great car. I wouldn't sell one for an earlier 911. If that's interesting to you, buy an earlier 911 when the price is right or you have the budget. Room in my garage for both.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk
Old 10-10-2020, 08:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixed76 View Post
993 is a great car. I wouldn't sell one for an earlier 911. If that's interesting to you, buy an earlier 911 when the price is right or you have the budget. Room in my garage for both.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk
I envy you! I have neither room in my garage nor my budget for both. I guess I can always dream.
Old 10-10-2020, 08:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Registered

Take the money, have them send to your bank via a bank transfer. Itís safe, if do not get money thru your bank then itís a scam. People always talk scam, but until the funds are safely in your bank it could be. The ONLY WAY TO SELL A CAR IS BY A BANK TRANSFER OF FUNDS TO YOUR ACCOUNT.
Once in bank it cannot not be returned thru the buyer. Send out a notarized Bill of Sell and note Car is Sold As Is Where Is, with not applied warranty.

End of story
Old 10-12-2020, 11:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
gearhead

^this. Or pay a nominal fee for an escrow service.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 10-12-2020, 12:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
Still here

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas View Post
...for sale over a year ago ...

Just take the money and get rid of it.

How much of your life do you plan to waste on this ?
Old 10-12-2020, 01:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmax View Post

The OP asked if the dealer sounded suspicious, not the advice of a life coach. In any case some people have a change of heart and decide they don't want to let their car go - that's his prerogative.

You must be fun at parties...
Old 10-12-2020, 05:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNS View Post
You must be fun at parties...
indeed. he and shug are sure to light up any gathering and make it a proper partAy...
Old 10-12-2020, 05:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)
Still here

Garage
Kansas !

It goes something like this.

$$$ shows up in your account.
You withdraw it and then give someone the keys and title.

Like I said, take the money and move on to things you really love but not before !!! Step 1.

And either decide it's for sale or it's not. Stop wasting other people's time.

Last edited by pmax; 10-12-2020 at 06:03 PM..
Old 10-12-2020, 05:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:

And either decide it's for sale or it's not. Stop wasting other people's time.
This forum is certainly appropriate to reach out and ask for the kind of help that Kansas is seeking. You've posted three times on this thread, you don't seem to mind "wasting" your time on here. Do you interact this way with people face-to-face or is this just a keyboard thing?

I can't believe some people on this board, the above kind of post makes me sick, I'm done here.
Old 10-12-2020, 06:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)
Still here

Garage
Quote:
This forum is certainly appropriate to reach out and ask for the kind of help that Kansas is seeking. You've posted three times on this thread, you don't seem to mind "wasting" your time on here. Do you interact this way with people face-to-face or is this just a keyboard thing?

I can't believe some people on this board, the above kind of post makes me sick, I'm done here.
Don't leave on my account ! I'm no caveman.

I meant the potential buyers like this current prospect.

Besides Kansas is no PPMPF rookie !
Old 10-12-2020, 06:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)
devalued member

Garage
Quote:

i have not seen seanie-max spanked, deservedly so like this since pony boy miagi used to take his sorry ass to the woodshed for dispersing false CIS system diagnosis's..

best part here is that nutzy is being mentioned in the same sentence as sweetstump! that's gunna leave a mark..
Old 10-12-2020, 06:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)
gearhead

Quote:

Hide his posts, like I have, and carry on. Heís got his bit. He and Suga both do. Tune them out and itís all good. Taking him on directly just feeds the troll. He likes that.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 10-12-2020, 07:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)
Still here

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanbenae View Post
i have not seen seanie-max spanked, deservedly so like this since pony boy miagi used to take his sorry ass to the woodshed for dispersing false CIS system diagnosis's..

best part here is that nutzy is being mentioned in the same sentence as sweetstump! that's gunna leave a mark..
Oh look who finally shown up with useful help, Mr Wrong Forum !
Old 10-12-2020, 07:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)
devalued member

Garage
Quote:
Oh look who finally shown up with useful help, Mr Wrong Forum !
i suggest you take your overwhelming urge to be a provocateur back to the PARF sean.

few here have missed you since you confirmed your beta male status by picking up the excrement here and there from raw's parade. i love ronnie's parade, but not like you do... creepy.

all do respect to ronnie...
Old 10-12-2020, 08:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

Registered

Quote:
Just take the money and get rid of it.

My 993 was only on the market for a month, over a year ago so I get funds to purchase a petrol blue SC that I wanted. Well, the seller of the SC decided he didnít want to sell after all. So I took my 993 off the market. So fast forward to a week ago. I get this $48.5 offer based on my old ad, plus the old seller of the SC is now ready to deal. Pretty nice SC:
Old 10-12-2020, 08:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)
Still here

Garage
Yes, good color.

SCs are a simpler beast as well though the CIS system can be fun, not as if the caveman provocateur would know being a permanent exile thanks in part to his master.

There's really no risk as long as money is in your hand prior to releasing the car.

Old 10-12-2020, 08:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: