Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
PhD on Pending Projects

Garage
Send a message via AIM to wachuko Send a message via Yahoo to wachuko
Just amazed of the work and dedication...

(I need to get my car to a shop to finish it...)

1967 - Porsche 912
1981 - Porsche 911 SC
1991 - Porsche 911 C4 Wide-body Cabriolet
Old 05-01-2009, 01:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #101 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfn026 View Post
Speaking of clones - this dealer is asking $85,000 for a 1972 RS Clone. Any thoughts?

Richard Newton
Race Cars 360
Probably what it would cost to build...... rarely does one come out whole from a passion project.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #102 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_gibson View Post
Finally dropped the Scheels down to Alan at Canford Classics (Bournemouth UK)

Scheels now ready to collect from Alan - pretty pleased with the basketweave panels

Martin
Old 05-13-2009, 07:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #103 (permalink)
PhD on Pending Projects

Garage
Send a message via AIM to wachuko Send a message via Yahoo to wachuko
They do look a little bit better.... lol

Wow!! Great craftmanship.

And look at those wheels!!

Thank you for the update!!

1967 - Porsche 912
1981 - Porsche 911 SC
1991 - Porsche 911 C4 Wide-body Cabriolet
Old 05-13-2009, 08:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #104 (permalink)

72T Update

The weather's been nice so took the day off and wrapped up a few paint jobs:

Cover plate:

Roll Bar:

Refurbed Scheels:

Martin
Old 05-22-2009, 12:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #105 (permalink)

Historic Goodwood

My very first trackday and a great way to spend a May bank holiday Monday with some good company from the guys over at DDK

See: http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25258

Martin
Old 05-26-2009, 11:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #106 (permalink)

i'm just a cook

congratulations.
your car looks very happy.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #107 (permalink)
Incorrigible

Garage
Gorgeous car, Martin, and +1 on involving your son in the odessey. I do have my kids help me whenever I can.

Jeff
Old 05-26-2009, 06:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #108 (permalink)

Garage
Love the way the car sits. Any wheel rub when driven aggressively?
Old 05-27-2009, 01:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #109 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macroni View Post
Love the way the car sits. Any wheel rub when driven aggressively?
No sign of wheel rub - whilst my driving style certainly could not be considered as aggressive, the above photo captures almost the exact moment when my wife demanded to be let out of the car and after only one lap??

Martin
Old 05-27-2009, 03:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #110 (permalink)

Bremteks - Off / 930's on

Despite their great trackday performance at Goodwood last weekend, the Bremtek Racing Calipers have now been removed and replaced by 930 calipers which are somewhat more appropriate for 'dual' road & trackday use.

Hopefully will have a dual master cylinder set-up installed later this month.

Martin
Old 06-01-2009, 09:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #111 (permalink)

Twin MC (17mm/20mm AP Racing) pedal-box built by Chris @ Fenn Lane Motorsport (UK) now installed.

Nice high/hard pedal with easy modulation of the 930 calipers which have been set-up with a slight front bias - overall very happy but still need to tidy up the pipes etc.

Chris is presently fabbing up a remote adjuster.

Martin
Old 07-29-2009, 10:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #112 (permalink)

Unfortunately no update as my 72T is currently in storage in the UK whilst my family and I have relocated over 6000 miles away to Singapore - here's my lad saying goodbye before she was parked up

Anyway there's a few things to do in preparation for my next road trip, which will include a blast to the Classic LeMans in 2010, so to keep myself focussed Nick Moss has just 'frosted' my factory 9"+11" Fuchs and I have just procured a nice shiny 'aluminium' ST engine lid to replace the ducktail.

Now how to fill the next 8 months

Martin
Old 10-20-2009, 05:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #113 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via MSN to MrPerkles
Thumbs up

love that ally lid martin,what you doing with the duck ,do you want me to look after it for you
Old 10-20-2009, 07:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #114 (permalink)
Sports Purpose 911 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah View Post
the ad says that the "intake given high butterfly affect with the us of 94 turbo stand-offs, raising fuel injectors up from the intake valves, gives much better atomization of the intake mixture air/fuel."

not exactly clear what that's all about, but it sure seems cool.
lol
1955 356 Pre A Coupe Emory build in waiting
1957 356A Emory speedster build in progress
Old 10-20-2009, 06:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #115 (permalink)

RSR Brake Fluid Reservoirs

Have finally taken the plunge on a twin plug distributor in readiness for the drive down to Classic Lemans in July:

..........and after some years of looking have tracked down a pair of NOS RSR Brake Fluid Reservoirs:

.........plus an RSR style engine shroud:

Martin

Last edited by martin_gibson; 06-05-2010 at 03:42 PM..
Old 06-05-2010, 11:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #116 (permalink)

Smile My old car!!

Martin,

It's been some time since we have talked - actually I lost how to get a hold of you and with new computers and all I just couldn't figure it out but for good reason...
I have been battling brain cancer ever since we talked last so I have been out of touch so to speak. I am on chemo treatments monthly and the doctors are pleased with the results...so more treatments!
It's great you are still improving the car we love so much - good to hear from you and please stay in touch.

Howard
Old 06-08-2010, 08:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #117 (permalink)

72T Widebody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Taylor View Post
It's been some time since we have talked - actually I lost how to get a hold of you and with new computers and all I just couldn't figure it out but for good reason...
I have been battling brain cancer ever since we talked last so I have been out of touch so to speak. I am on chemo treatments monthly and the doctors are pleased with the results...so more treatments!
It's great you are still improving the car we love so much - good to hear from you and please stay in touch. Howard
Hi Howard,

Good to hear from you and sorry to find out that you've been ill but it sounds like you're making good progress with your treatment which is great news.

Now I'm based in Singapore, it's amazing how much I'm missing my (your) car , although as you can see (even at this distance) the old girl is still keeping me occupied on ebay collecting parts in preparation for a jaunt around Europe enroute to the Classic Le Mans in July, something I'm really looking forward to

Here's one of your photographs of the 72 t on your front drive - before I started tinkering:

Take care and I'll drop you an email.

Martin
Old 06-09-2010, 05:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #118 (permalink)

Update

A few bits finally installed:

Marchall Ampliluxes (these lamps are the dogs 'b's)

Twin sparks & shroud:

Fuchs (great job by Nick at Early 911):

Martin

Last edited by martin_gibson; 08-06-2010 at 06:05 PM..
Old 08-06-2010, 06:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #119 (permalink)

Lovely car Martin. Just interested why you are swapping the ducktail for the alloy lid with no wing?
Old 08-07-2010, 03:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #120 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: