Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Shane

Garage
1967 912 $3000 runs price check

vb
Shane -- 78SC Big Port 3.2 SS, 46 PMO Carbs, M&K 2/2, RARLYL8 Headers, DRC GT2-108 Cams, MSD, Clewett Wires, J&E 98mm (Disclaimer-I am a novice and pretend to know just enough to be dangerous (I have the scars to prove it). By reading my post you accept that I am not responsible for any bodily harm, mental anguish, material and/or monetary losses that may result from anything you choose to do based upon my shared experiences.)

Last edited by snbush67; 04-09-2007 at 06:47 PM..
Old 03-29-2007, 11:05 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

67 912

Hawai homes rarely have garages, usually carports, so cars are often rusty underneath and quite badly at that.
So beware! a good inspection is highly recommended.
Best of luck!
Old 03-30-2007, 04:59 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Shane

Garage
Thanks agogo, I live in Hawaii and am very experienced with rust, a friend of mine was looking at this and asked me if it was a good deal, I told him I would ask around. He was basically just looking for something cool to drive on the weekends and tinker with as a hobby.

I told him that it was an OK deal. Just wondering what a good counter offer may be? I would say 1750, does anyone think that is a low-ball offer?

FWIW most people who owned a P-car in Hawaii had garages, and it has been my experience that these lower mileage cars are well maintained, the 40 year old car in this add is most likely all original with a few battle scars and sun burn.

BTW the owner of this dealership drives an SC Coupe.
Shane -- 78SC Big Port 3.2 SS, 46 PMO Carbs, M&K 2/2, RARLYL8 Headers, DRC GT2-108 Cams, MSD, Clewett Wires, J&E 98mm (Disclaimer-I am a novice and pretend to know just enough to be dangerous (I have the scars to prove it). By reading my post you accept that I am not responsible for any bodily harm, mental anguish, material and/or monetary losses that may result from anything you choose to do based upon my shared experiences.)

Last edited by snbush67; 03-30-2007 at 09:04 AM..
Old 03-30-2007, 08:56 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

1750 is a good counteroffer if you can find a reason why it needs a couple thousand in repair.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:48 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Shane

Garage
So, if it is decent mechanically and the body has minimal rust and interior is average to so so, then the original price (3000) is average?

Because In order to get this car (any driven/used car) back to above beater status is going to take a bunch of dough.

And unless it needs somthing more then just a tune up to make it a daily driver beater then you would say decent counter offer is 1750? OK ?

Thanks
Old 03-30-2007, 07:04 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Condition is everything.

If the car really had no rust I'd pay $6K for it. If it's rusty I'd pass at $1K.

$1750 seems ridiculously low, but all they can do is say no.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:23 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

FWIW most people who owned a P-car in Hawaii had garages, and it has been my experience that these lower mileage cars are well maintained, the 40 year old car in this add is most likely all original with a few battle scars and sun burn.

If that's the case with this car, it's worth twice what they're asking. Look carefully.

911 #303129
81' SC project
77' 930
Old 04-01-2007, 07:34 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Shane

Garage
Thanks Jon,

You probably know how Hawaii cars somtimes get a bad rap.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:40 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: