Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
It'll be legen-waitforit

993`s in Canada

As I am always keeping my eye out for the 993 I`d like next I am shocked at the price difference between the U.S. and Canada pricing. Especially considering our dollars are close to par.

In the U.S. you can get a low mileage, good condition 993 for around $30K. The same in Canada is around $45kl really makes me want to bring one up.....

Then you look at the TT prices - Insane - a 97 would go anywhere from high 60`s to almost 100K, it`s just not fair.

I guess it`s supply and demand, or I can try to bring Bruce Anderson`s prices with me showing the owners their $45k car is really worth $23k
http://members.shaw.ca/stealthn/911SC
Old 04-25-2010, 05:14 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Now is your time to act. As soon as the USD strengthens vis a vis the loonie the great deals will be gone. What is the historical USD/CAN exchange rate? 1.20? 1.25? maybe 1.30?

Multiply $30k by 1.25, add the 14% (?) import taxes and you will be very, very close to $45k.

Enjoy your 911 until the exchange rate is back to it's long term equilibrium and then sell it for Canadian market rates. You will make a tidy profit while enjoying a great car.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:49 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
<insert witty title here>

Garage
Actually, the historical exchange rate has been close to par, usually around 95 cents, up until the 70s or 80s. Twice we've pegged our currency to that of the US, and for quite a while (long time ago) it was worth more than the US dollar. Current expectations I'm reading in the news are for our dollar to remain at or close to parity for 4-5 years. Our dollar is indeed somewhat strong right now, but the real reason for parity is because the US dollar is so weak, and that's not expected to change for several years.

That said, even when our dollar was worth 60 cents US, it was still cheaper to buy Porsches in the states, in many cases. Now with it at parity, I think you'd be crazy to look only in Canada. Not to say don't look here at all, but you have to look in the states.
music: www.christienledroit.ca
Old 04-25-2010, 12:06 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: