Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 4- Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.33 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Hi g911,

Good to see the photo of your car, I don't think I've come across another of the 1976 Carrera 2.7's in Copper Brown Metallic which is a superb looking colour. It's a bit difficult to see but it looks from the photo that it has chrome rather than black trim, and what's the interior like?

Guy
Old 10-17-2010, 10:45 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)

You call it copper brown metallic, we call it "Super Trooper" brown.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:37 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)

interior
Old 10-18-2010, 02:40 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)

Old 10-18-2010, 02:43 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)

couple more
Old 10-18-2010, 03:13 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)

last one for a bit
Old 10-18-2010, 03:15 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

Garage
Hi g911,

'super trooper' brown it is then, I've not seen the cloth on the seats before so suspect these have been re-covered. Judging by the front discs it doesn't look like it's been out for a blast in a while. As 'RatBox'asks do you have the original spec from Porsche for your car?

Guy
Old 10-19-2010, 11:37 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)

Garage
Hi g911,

If you don't have a Certificate of Authenticity for your car this is what I have from Porsche on the original specification:

Supplying dealer Hahn, Fellbach
Colour Z6 Copper Brown Metallic
Interior Black leatherette with tweed seat centres
Options M440 Manual antenna left with door speakers, M469 Black headliner, M481 5-speed gearbox, M494 Rear loudpeakers, M496 Black trim and body colour headlamp rings, M568 Tinted glass.

Interestingly it doesn't list M473 which would be the front and rear spoiler or M425 which would be the rear wiper. There is a reputation with COA's for some options to be missed off but they could also have been added later.

Below is a photo of what the tweed seat centres should look like.

Guy
Old 10-20-2010, 02:43 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #68 (permalink)

g911,

From the look of that paint (and if you inspect , you can verify - especially whaletail paint) it looks like it is most likely original. Let us know sometime what you think.

As I stated earlier at some point , these 1976 911/83 cars specifically seem to not have all the options they were built with recorded on the records (besides the M220 which is assumed to be part of the standard build)

I cannot explain what accounts for that.

In, addition on yours. I spied something in your dash photo that I did not notice at first.

Does anyone know what this control is for ?

I just looked in a DE 1976 Carrera 3.0 factory owners manual , at the "Armaturenanlage , Intrumente" diagram . It's not shown , nor it is shown anywhere in the manual . Same in the 1976 US 911,911S owners manual , not there ??

Old 10-20-2010, 03:17 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #69 (permalink)

Ratbox
My guess is after-market "flux capacitor" or more likely a front/back speaker fader. There are a bunch of wires going to the back of the corburg radio/cassette from that general area and I won't be crawling in there for a couple of weeks. It does have aftermarket speakers.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:05 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)

Guy
you are a wealth of knowledge. I believe that the seat inserts are originals. If not, someone had good eye for color coordination, because I couldn't imagine any other weave with the paint. Perhaps it was customer specified, or someone did a whole interior replacement, but why? Certainly not the person I bought it from, it was flogged and dogged. I bought the car because the mechanic who serviced the 914s I owned at the time said it was the best non-boosted car he had driven. I was looking for a track/auto-x car, so cosmetics and interior was not really the issue, since I was going to gut it anyway. If the true value is even half of what is mentioned in this thread, perhaps I should restore and enjoy?
Old 10-20-2010, 04:25 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #71 (permalink)

Ratbox or Guy
Any idea what this means: 25 jahre fahen inseinerschonsten Form jubilaumsmodell Wagen Nr. C 2. My guess is a 1975 limited edition dash plaque celebrating 25 years as a company? It is on the glove box but looks like it was glued as an after thought. been there since I've owned the car
Old 10-20-2010, 06:00 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #72 (permalink)

Now available:  101 Projects for Your Porsche Boxster!

Hi g911
This is the 25 year jubilee car for sale at 130k euros.
Advert says 400 were built only in diamond silver metallic.
There's a photo of the plaque on the glovebox. Is it the same as yours?

Jakelic Automobile | Fahrzeugangebot: Porsche 911 Carrera RS 2,7 Jubiläumsmodell, Fahrgestell-Nr. 911 560 0225
Old 10-20-2010, 06:59 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #73 (permalink)

RSG
Yes exactly.
When I look at the car it looks like it has a silver undercoat like in the front trunk by the name plate. pictured in prior post. I thought it was undercoating of primer. On the drivers door is the coach number I think for paint which is 443-9-3 which at one time I looked up and thought translated to the copper brown metallic. I guess I'm going to have to look into a CoA. Anything else I should look for? Since that car is a 75 based on the serial number, and mine is definitely a 76, I'm guessing the badge got stuck on later since it says Nr. C 2? My ignorance is now confusion.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:07 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #74 (permalink)

g911
Well the paint code 443-9-3 is definitely copper brown metallic.
Factory finish in the luggage bay used to have only just a faint tinge of colour.
As Guy said the seats don't have the original fabric inserts and the headrests should be black leatherette.
The '75 car seems to be the correct jubilee model, and as you say it does look as if someone might have just stuck that plaque on your glovebox.
Sorry this isn't very helpful.
Has yours got manual windows and a LSD ?

Of general interest
http://www.autofarm.co.uk/pdf/1975_Carrera.pdf

Last edited by RSG; 10-21-2010 at 01:13 AM..
Old 10-21-2010, 12:36 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #75 (permalink)

Garage
Hi g911,

A fader switch sounds reasonable as you have speakers front and rear.

As RSG says code 443 is Copper Brown Metallic so this must be the original colour. Also my C3 which is black also has areas under the bonnet where it looks like a silvery undercoat.

My theory might be that the original owner traded his Jubilee model in for this and kept the plaque as a souvenir I'm not sure what C.2 refers to on the plaque, I would have expected a number up to 400 and whatever were produced. I notice the car in the link from RSG has nothing in this space.

Guy
Old 10-21-2010, 01:37 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #76 (permalink)

g911 ,

You definately got a chuckle out of me with the Flux Capacitor . Front to rear speaker fade makes sense. And it also makes sense that Porsche , if needing a F to R speaker control unit in any of their applications, would have sourced one and had in it their parts bin arsenal (maybe more than one version for varying models). Since this unit fits so nicely in the pre-formed round depression , that is there for mounting accessory controls. I'm guessing this is a factory control unit (unless 911/912's of this period could never have rear speakers ?). xenifizi 's Belgian Gendarme targa has what seems to be an accessory lighting control in this spot (one of the type that has a internal bulb to show the operator it's engaged) :

Last edited by RatBox; 10-21-2010 at 02:14 PM..
Old 10-21-2010, 09:24 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #77 (permalink)
gearhead

This is a really neat thread. I personally still wouldn't spend the kind of change these cars are bringing today, but I've learned a lot about an obscure production "model" which is always interesting.
1973 914 2.0 Bastard
1999 2.5RS Subaru NA Monster
Old 10-21-2010, 10:21 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #78 (permalink)

Concerning the 1975 ROW Carrera Silver (25 yr) Jubilälumsmodell that RSG was so kind to provide a link to , that is one beautiful early 911 Carrera.

As you can see from comparing the interior of this car , to the interior of the Metalic Ice Green car that Gwhite posted a photo of 10 posts back. It has a special upgrade interior even for a cloth insert car. Rear seat , along with F & R covering is an upgrade to the normal cloth insert interior (no matter which material) , standard is on front seats only. I have no idea if all the 1975 Silver anniversary ROW Cars had this full cloth , or it was an option. As i've only seen two of these specific cars (Silver 75 ROW Carrera's) , and both were full cloth interior like this one with the same cloth. One had a Jubilälumsmodell badge (this car) , and one did not. The one that did not , the owner had no idea that it was a 25 Jahre Jubilälumsmodell (if it was , which it's looking like). It seems that the full cloth interior WAS part of the package, as all the 1975 US 911S 'Silver Anniversary Model' (the name here) I can find photo's of had it.

But there seems to be something strange on the Jakelic example (560 0225).

Even though it seems that the US 911S 'Silver Anniversary modell' got a US version of the badge , versas the DE versions.

US version 'Silver Anniversary Model' dash badge :

DE 'Jubilälumsmodell' dash badge (specific dash badge on Jakelic Carrera / 560 0225) :

Note , that it does not have it's Model Unit / Wagen # stamped as it seemingly it should have , & also is missing the owners name (yes, that's suppose to be there also , on the DE versions. At least from internet writeups . And you can see the space that , i'm supposing , is provided for it above).

The only explanation I can think of , is that the dash badge is a replacement on the 560 0225 car.

Somewhere on the Jakelik website write-up up on this Carrera . I believe they state that it is build number 10 of 400. From what source is not said.

I didn't see anything regarding original trans or engine case.

__________________________________________________ _________________________________

To provide some information on these 1975 Anniversary / Jubilälums cars (I had to go dig this up , I did not know it , but I really was curious).

It seems these were produced for the U.S. & DE markets only (well maybe the rest of the ROW markets got some with either differant badges yet, OR maybe they had to live with the DE language badge).

Production numbers from what I can dig up on the web are :

750 911S units for the U.S. (I believe all coupes , but i'm not 100% sure)

400 units (I saw 500 somewhere also) comprised of the whole 911 model range (911 , 911S , Carrera 2.7) in both Coupe & Targa versions. I could not find any breakdown of how many of each.

There was a mention of "16 Carrera Targa's" in one of the web sources .

One of these DE internet sources ( Two are below) state "500 U.S. Units" , but that can discounted as badge 736 is above and alot of U.S. sources say 750.

Here are two of the web excerpts :

"Im Modelljahr "75 gab es zur 25jährigen Porsche-Produktion in Stuttgart Sondermodelle des 911, 911S und 911 Carrera. Diese ins- gesamt 400 Fahrzeuge waren in der Sonderfarbe Silbermetallic lackiert und trugen auf dem Handschuhfach-Deckel eine Plakette. Darauf waren die Signatur von Ferry Porsche, die laufende Nummer der Sonderserie und der Name des Kunden. Weiterhin waren die Fahrzeuge mit einer reichhaltigen M-Nummer-Ausstattung, sowie einer blauschwarzen Kunst- lederinnenausstattung versehen."

(English Translation - via web translater) :

For the year '75, there were 25 years of Porsche in Stuttgart production of special models 911, 911S and 911 Carrera. This a total of 400 vehicles were painted in a special metallic silver paint and carried on the glove compartment lid a sticker. Then, the signature of Ferry Porsche, the number of the special series and the name of the customer. Furthermore, the vehicles were equipped with a rich M-number equipment, and a blue-black leatherette interior.

And another :

"Porsche 911 2,7 Carrera (Jubiläumsmodell 1975)

Ab Herbst des Jahres 1974 (Modelljahr 1975) gab es zur 25-jährigen Porsche-Produktion in Stuttgart ein Sondermodell in Silber mit reichhaltiger Ausstattung. Insgesamt 400 Fahrzeuge der Sonderserie wurden produziert, davon 16 Fahrzeuge als Carrera Targa. Neben der auffälligen Innenausstattung waren die Fahrzeuge mit einer Plakette auf dem Handschuhfach-Deckel ausgestattet. Darauf war neben dem Slogan „25 Jahre Fahren in seiner schönsten Form“ außerdem die laufende Nummer der Sonderserie, der Name des Kunden und die Signatur von Ferry Porsche abgebildet.

In Deutschland wurde sowohl das schmale Coupé, die Ausführung "S" als auch einige 2,7-l-Carrera gebaut. Gleiches gilt für den "targa". Neben der europäischen Ausführung wurden auch 500 Einheiten für den amerikanischen Markt produziert. Hier gibt es allerdings nur die schmale Version des Coupé mit dem 2,7-l-Motor und 165 PS Leistung. Die mattschwarzen Eloxatteile, serienmäßig beim Carrera, wurden auch beim Sondermodell verwendet, um das sportive Erscheinungsbild zu unterstreichen.

In allen Modellen wurde das limitierte Sondermodell mit der Plakette am Handschuhfachdeckel kenntlich gemacht. Im US-Markt mit dem Slogan: „25 Years of Driving in its purest Form". Auf dem amerikanischen Markt wurde auf die im deutschen Modell verbaute Scheinwerferreinigung mit Ihren auffälligen Spritzdüsen verzichtet. Die wenig gefragten ATS-Felgen („Hackmesser" oder Cookie Cutter genannt) waren in der deutschen Ausführung in Magnesium und einem speziellen dunkleren Silberton lackiert - vorne und hinten in der Größe 6Jx15. Die Ausführungen des Carrera mit dem 2,7-RS-Motor und 210 PS hatten serienmäßig die Fuchsfelgen der Größe vorne 6Jx15 und hinten in 7Jx15."

(English Translation - via web translater) :

Porsche 911 2.7 Carrera (anniversary model 1975)

From the autumn of 1974 (model 1975), there was the 25-year-old Porsche production in Stuttgart a special model in silver with a lot of fittings. A total of 400 vehicles of the special series were produced, of which 16 vehicles as Carrera Targa. In addition to the striking interior design, the vehicles were equipped with a plaque on the glove compartment lid. Then next to the slogan "25 years of driving in its finest form," was also the number of the special series, the customer's name and signature of Ferry Porsche depicted.

In Germany, both the small coupe, the "S" and some 2.7-liter Carrera was built. The same applies to the "targa". Alongside the European version and 500 units for the American market were produced. However, there are only the narrow version of the coupe with the 2.7-liter engine and 165 hp. The matt black Eloxatteile, standard on the Carrera were also used in the special model to underline the sporty appearance.

In all models, the limited edition model with the plaque was made on the glove compartment marked. In the U.S. market with the slogan: ".." 25 Years of Driving in its purest form "was on the American market dispensed in the German model built headlight cleaning with your striking spray nozzle, the less popular ATS wheels (" chopper "or cookie cutter called) were in the German version in magnesium and a special dark silver tone finish - front and rear of the size 6Jx15. The versions of the Carrera RS with the 2.7-horsepower engine and 210 had standard wheels the size of the fox front and rear of 6Jx15 7Jx15.

Last edited by RatBox; 10-21-2010 at 02:12 PM..
Old 10-21-2010, 10:32 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #79 (permalink)

So a properly filled out badge should look like this? Just a year earlier. Strange brew eh?
Old 10-21-2010, 02:44 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #80 (permalink)
Old 10-21-2010, 02:44 PM

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: