Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
UNDER CONSTRUCTION!

Value of 1975 Carrera Targa

We are thinking of maybe selling one of our cars and the Carrera gets the least use. A quick description of the car to help you guys out.

Its a 1975 VIN 9115410146 under 70k miles

It is a full leather car the dash is leather the door panels etc. sport seats etc. all of the interior is showing patina but is still very usable and original " dash has been recovered". the carpet is the navy blue in fair to good condition.

Has the original hardtop with perferaded leather headliner in near perfect condition.

Has its original wheels in perfect condition
S brakes original whale tail etc.

Car has been repainted its original color in early 80s owner said due to acid rain from Mount Saint Hellens ??? no signs of an accident.

This car has two paint bubbles the size of a pea on lower door and front fender, maybe the begaining of some rust but under body is clean enough to eat off of.

The car is not a concourse and shows signs of its age but is nicer than most 911s 10-15 years newer than it is.

The car has a 1978 SC motor in it now but i have the original motor " Which is pulling head studs and will need repaired" I will give the choice of having the 2.7 rebuilt and me keeping the 3.0ltr or will sell the car with the 3.0 in it and give the numbers motor with it.

The car was sold in 84 through Roth and serviced till the late 80s there then other places till 2001 when i bought the car.

Im sure theres more im missing about the car but I cant remember right now.

Car is very clean and fun to drive there for I hope its worth next to nothing so I can just keep it. But the next car in line is the 930 and its sure not going anywhere.

Thanks for the help Guys.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:04 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Great car, very popular; w/ rebuilt 2.7, IMO, the car is worth $30,000 to $35,000. I have seen asking as high as $40,000 to $45,000 but they have sat on the market for months and months......
O #4
Old 01-03-2012, 09:29 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I imagine living in alaska limits the buyer pool, or price, since transport would be a concern of a buyer. Repainted, non original motor, maybe some rust spots? imho, $30k is too high..
1976 914 2.0, 1970 914 w/2056
Old 01-03-2012, 02:06 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
UNDER CONSTRUCTION!

Being in Alaska does limit the buyers for sure, but frieght to Seattle is cheap enough that I can advertise there as well.

It does have the original motor Numbers matching that needs work which im thinking about sending down to portland to have fixed and keeping the 78 3.0 for a future car.

Car was repainted but door jams and underbody underhood etc. are original so car was painted its original 117 Light yellow.

I know its only a Targa mid year car that doesnt have a cult fallowing but it is rare none the less I think like 175 or so of the targas where produced and this is one of those and ive seen at least twp parted out over the last ten years or so.

Anymore help would be great as im allready getting emails and P.M.s on the car and wasent really ready to sell it.

Thanks so far guys.

Cheers Ed
Old 01-03-2012, 02:38 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Very nice.

Would you mind gving out the month of build , should be located in drivers door jam.

thx
Old 01-03-2012, 02:50 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
UNDER CONSTRUCTION!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatBox View Post
Very nice.

Would you mind gving out the month of build , should be located in drivers door jam.

thx
Car is in a warehouse across town will get there in the next few days , does the vin help its in the first post.

Cheers Ed
Old 01-03-2012, 02:53 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

iirc, VIN won't tell build date, just serial production number. Looks like yours is #146 ?
1976 914 2.0, 1970 914 w/2056
Old 01-03-2012, 03:00 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
UNDER CONSTRUCTION!

build date is 05/75 yep car 146

Ed
Old 01-03-2012, 06:21 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

thx carrera turbo.

Find someone who appreciates it (enough $) , or keep it for awhile longer.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:09 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer View Post
I imagine living in alaska limits the buyer pool, or price, since transport would be a concern of a buyer. Repainted, non original motor, maybe some rust spots? imho, $30k is too high..
To clarify, I think with the rebuilt 2.7L installed and running the car is easily worth $30,000. Quite frankly it might take $10,000 to achieve that. For comps; a bunch of these cars have sold within the last year on ebay.

Also, for the record this is a very popular car. I believe Kevin Jeanette of Gunnar Racing has restored one and is working on a second.......

Recent threads on the model.....

http://www.early911sregistry.org/forums/showthread.php?71688-75-Targa-Carrera-a-father-daughter-project

http://www.early911sregistry.org/forums/showthread.php?71682-74-Euro-Plaid-Interior

http://www.early911sregistry.org/forums/showthread.php?70716-1974-Carrera-Restoration-Family-owned-since-75

http://www.early911sregistry.org/forums/showthread.php?72053-1974-Carrera-USA-Info-Thread

http://www.early911sregistry.org/forums/showthread.php?72038-The-Un-Ubiquitous-Carrera-3.0

http://www.early911sregistry.org/forums/showthread.php?67897-74-Carrera-Coupe-Resto
O #4

Last edited by Macroni; 01-05-2012 at 06:51 AM..
Old 01-05-2012, 06:45 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
UNDER CONSTRUCTION!

Thanks guys Its looing like the 2.7 will go back into the car after head studs are fixed and Steve in oregon line bores and shuffle pins it. Since the miles are so low I might get way with reusing the p'&c s . I would rather spend the money on the original motor up front and then keep the 3.0. And if it gets to spendy I can sell off the 3.0 to fund the proper repairs.

Cheers Ed
Old 01-05-2012, 12:47 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Motor is important.
I only got $20K for mine, and it was a stunner. Everything 100% original and flawless, records, toolkit, air pump, low miles, amazing crack/wear free interior, very rare color combo, CA car blah blah blah....except the 78 3.0L....which was low miles and ran like a cat!
Old 01-13-2012, 08:24 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Picture:
Old 01-13-2012, 08:26 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
UNDER CONSTRUCTION!

Quote:
Originally Posted by renntrade View Post
Motor is important.
I only got $20K for mine, and it was a stunner. Everything 100% original and flawless, records, toolkit, air pump, low miles, amazing crack/wear free interior, very rare color combo, CA car blah blah blah....except the 78 3.0L....which was low miles and ran like a cat!
Wow

Someone got a steller deal on that car!!

How long ago did you sell that beauty, I know sephia isn't for everyone but 20k seems low even with the 3.0ltr.

Did it have the hardtop with it,

Id keep mine at that price I mean look what 20k gets you these days!

Cheers Ed
Old 01-13-2012, 10:35 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Ed,
Sold it last April if I remember correct. This isn't Sepia though, It is 406 Gazelle Metalic (Gold really).
Yes, Pefect original top, full records. 86K original miles. I couldn't seem to give it away. Started @ $27,500 on ebay and went down from there all the way to $23,500, and eventually more or less wholesaled it. Targa's can be tough, but everyone wanted to tell me the Motor was a big issue, so I don't know what else to assume. Everything else on this was perfect. Even had brand new tires!
Old 01-13-2012, 11:33 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

More pictures:

Old 01-13-2012, 11:38 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Shoot, for that matter, I only got $22,300 for this 74 numbers matching Carrera two months ago...that is why I didn't renew my Dealers license. Porsches go up and down worse than the stock market these days.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:41 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
UNDER CONSTRUCTION!

Quote:
Ed,
Sold it last April if I remember correct. This isn't Sepia though, It is 406 Gazelle Metalic (Gold really).
Yes, Pefect original top, full records. 86K original miles. I couldn't seem to give it away. Started @ $27,500 on ebay and went down from there all the way to $23,500, and eventually more or less wholesaled it. Targa's can be tough, but everyone wanted to tell me the Motor was a big issue, so I don't know what else to assume. Everything else on this was perfect. Even had brand new tires!
nice I can tell its gold in the last pics, Yea targas are a love hate relationship

do you have pics of the underside of the hardtop? My car is a full leather interior door panels dash knee pads etc. and was wondering if there was different meterials used.

Nice cars you have owned there thanks for the replies.

Ed
Old 01-13-2012, 12:05 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Now available:  101 Projects for Your Porsche Boxster!

Quote:
More pictures:

renntrade,

I saw photos of this car somewhere prior , do you remember and can you provide the build month and year. It was US model number 0127 as I remember.

Thx
Old 01-13-2012, 12:43 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatBox View Post
renntrade,

I saw photos of this car somewhere prior , do you remember and can you provide the build month and year. It was US model number 0127 as I remember.

Thx
I think your right, it was #127 if I remember correctly.
Don't have the build date info anymore...
I have the original photobucket file you can browse here:

golden1 pictures by car-reras - Photobucket
Old 01-13-2012, 12:54 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: