Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 4-Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Balupunkt radio value?

Ive got a friend who has a radio from a 67 911s - any idea of its worth?

Old 06-26-2012, 04:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Search the for sale section. Prices are all over the map, but I think a lot depends on condition and whether or not it works well.

www.autoinno.com
www.AIRMotorSports.com
Old 06-26-2012, 06:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

go to oldradio.com. they may have one for sale like it.
79 930 #632
88 911 Cab
74 TR6
88 CRX Si
Old 06-27-2012, 04:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Blaupunkt radios with the blue dot on the face aren't factory equipment. However there were some that were installed by dealers, so they aren't necessarily incorrect equipment. It does affect the value of the radio. The more desirable radios have no blue dot on the face. -- Matt

356 Registry 17369
Early 911S Registry
912 Registry, PCA
Old 06-27-2012, 10:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
That looks like a later (than '67) radio to me, but it has value. The European delivery radios had SW in the middle and a slightly different frequency range, so your best market is probably the US. I'd say $250 if it's dead; up to $350 if it works and the cosmetics are good.
2018 Chevy Volt dd/parts fetcher
Old 06-29-2012, 07:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by techweenie View Post
That looks like a later (than '67) radio to me, but it has value. The European delivery radios had SW in the middle and a slightly different frequency range, so your best market is probably the US. I'd say $250 if it's dead; up to $350 if it works and the cosmetics are good.
The factory never installed a Blaupunkt with a blue dot. It is period correct, but not factory correct. I'd put the value at more like $200 if it works and lights up, down from there if it's dead. That's not to say you couldn't put it out there for $350 and get the money, but somebody would be overpaying at that price in my opinion.

356 Registry 17369
Early 911S Registry
912 Registry, PCA
Old 06-29-2012, 08:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: