Pelican Parts Forums

Pelican Parts Forums (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/)
-   Porsche Marketplace Discussion (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-marketplace-discussion/)
-   -   Feedback on a web-app idea I have for classified ads. (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-marketplace-discussion/761270-feedback-web-app-idea-i-have-classified-ads.html)

flatsixfanatic 07-16-2013 10:14 AM

Feedback on a web-app idea I have for classified ads.

Hi Everyone,

I'm a software developer from Toronto, but also a massive petrol-head and Porsche enthusiast.

Recently I've developed a web-based service for the real-estate industry. The software builds a modern virtual tour by taking your uploaded images, property info, and links in Google Street/Satellite views, as well as some other tools.

I'm always browsing through the For Sale section and notice that many people post external links to their pictures, or have "inquire for more pics" comments. I know that I personally always like to see lots of pictures.

It would be fairly easy to modify my software to serve as an app for vehicle classified ads. You'd have a nice large, responsive gallery of images plus I could link in tools related to that make/model of vehicle. For instances, the wiki article on the car, or an Edmunds review.

Each ad would have a dedicate link that you could share around the internet or with friends, family, or potential buyers. The other nice thing about the software is that it's responsive, so the app scales for mobile devices (smart-phones, tablets, etc).

I'd be interested in hearing what your thoughts are regarding this idea. Do you think it would be something useful?

hello/home | The Open Property Tour is the link to the real-estate targeted app just to get an idea of the layout and functionality.

Thanks!

brock911 07-17-2013 05:45 AM

Sales tool

Hello fellow Canadian, I like the idea for the real estate sector, it gives a prospective buyer various views of the property. I checked out the sample home tour you provide and the photos are very nice and I like the optional satellite and street view options.

Maybe you could do up a sample for a "car for sale" and post it for feedback? I believe this would give sellers a virual auto experience of your concept to gauge how a buyer might respond.

If you would like to build a sample ad around a car, I have one for sale that you could consider? Just a thought.

I like your concept, best wishes.

Mike

urseppos 07-17-2013 06:35 AM

Sounds like a fantastic idea that I'm sure many on this site would support and or encourage. Best of luck !

flatsixfanatic 07-18-2013 08:27 AM

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I'll probably start working on this project soon. Since this community is so excellent, I'll continue to post updates here and bounce ideas for feedback.

What tools do you think would be useful to attach to a gallery of your vehicle?

I was thinking...

- Wiki article on make/model of vehicle.
- Link to vehicle specs.
- Review of vehicle.
- Is there a good site for valuation of vehicles?
- Raw Google search of make/model.

What do you guys think?