Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Typical Salesman

Garage
Okay, I've staved the lions long enough. I haven't driven it in a year.

Can anyone provide a guesstimate of the price on this car?

JMc

1979 SC Targa - Judy
2010 Lincoln Nav - The Purple People Eater
2008 MBZ E350 - Daddy-O
Old 10-12-2015, 04:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Banned

Add $10k, at least, to what they were saying in 2013. Offer the car in the high 20s and see what you get.
Old 10-12-2015, 05:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Let's make sm70911 happy. There you go:

Great car, good luck with the sale! You can't find anything like it in the market for less than $30k.

Last edited by Rick Brooklyn; 10-12-2015 at 06:19 AM..
Old 10-12-2015, 05:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Brooklyn View Post
Didn't read the whole thread, but based on the OP:

Were the head studs done? Any enginge work done ever? Maintenance records?

At any rate, I think definitely way less than $30k. I don't see it breaking $25k ...
Two things strike me: Out of courtesy perhaps you really should read the thread if you plan on chiming in.

Secondly: You should suggest to the OP he post the information you asked about so you can make a fair assessment of his car before throwing out another WAG. A rebuild, what has been done mechanically recently coupled with availability of records makes a big difference to me in terms of what I would ask for a car.
Old 10-12-2015, 06:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Typical Salesman

Garage
I think I'm going to list it this weekend at around 27k; we'll see if there is any play! If anyone wants any pre-washed garage pics of it, let me know...

1979 SC Targa - Judy
2010 Lincoln Nav - The Purple People Eater
2008 MBZ E350 - Daddy-O
Old 10-12-2015, 09:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Let's make sm70911 happy. There you go:

Great car, good luck with the sale! You can't find anything like it in the market for less than $30k.
It has nothing to do with facetiousness, or your throwing tantrums. The OP is not some fly by night car salesman pretending to post a question when he's really hoping to solicit offers. If you look at his thread from 07 about the work done to his car you will see he has been a member of this community since 2005, and he had included two very relevant threads on his car.

You should put yourself in his position and I think at least give him the respect of reading his posts before throwing out some random number.
Old 10-12-2015, 01:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Great!

This forum has had more than its fair share of trainwrecks the past few days, and I have zero interest in contributing to another one. I wish the OP the best of luck with his sale and I'm checking out of this thread.

1974 911 Targa
Old 10-12-2015, 01:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Great!

This forum has had more than its fair share of trainwrecks the past few days, and I have zero interest in contributing to another one. I wish the OP the best of luck with his sale and I'm checking out of this thread.
You're attempting to insinuate that I'm making this thread into a 'trainwreck' because I questioned the way you surmise the value of the OP's car. Then depart whilst still trying to cling to the moral high ground ...
Old 10-12-2015, 03:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: