Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Thoughts on 87 3.2

I'm seriously considering this car. Anyone have any thoughts?

1987 Porsche Carrera Coupe

Old 10-01-2013, 03:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Looks like the 1 I bought about 9 months ago. I passed up a low mileage (89,000) in favor of a higher mileage 1 (215,000) because I thought that I would rather have a driver and not a sitter.
I've been told that these cars need to be driven. Plus a lot of the work that will be coming along for you has been done on mine, besides that mine was $$$ less so I can have money to keep it up and add a few goodies
She is a beautiful car I can see how it caught your eye! Press them to see what their rock bottom price is
Old 10-01-2013, 03:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

It actually seems a a good price from a dealer if it really is under 70k miles. I would check/validate in great detail if seriously interested.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the feedback guys. Had the PPI done and all due diligence including speaking with previous owner and she looks great/checks out. Also talked them down a little and came to agreeable terms. If all goes well, hope to have car soon.

I like the mileage. Seems like a sweet spot between too few and too many miles, although I know these cars are bulletproof when taken care of which this will be.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Has the top end been done ?
Old 10-02-2013, 04:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Regarding the dealer - I bought a 2003 Carrera 4S from Mohr Imports a few years ago. No issues with them at all. They specialize in exotic cars and have a showroom full of them (I think mostly on consignment). The car I bought was as advertised. I don't know that the guys who work there have a lot of knowledge about the cars, but at least the company did not come across to me as a sleazy used car shop trying to pull the wool over your eyes. I would buy from them again and usually follow their listings.

Kirk
Old 10-02-2013, 05:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

No, top end not done, but no signs of it needing it anytime soon. I do realize this may need to be addressed in the future.

Bristol, thanks for the feedback on the dealer. Seems to be in line with my experience thus far. Comforting to know that your business with them was positive, and they came across as good folks.

Beat part is, I get to visit Monterey again, get a 911, and drive down PCH. I'm gonna try and take a bunch of coastal photos, so long as it doesn't slow me down too much.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Given PPI and previous owner to verify what you bought I would say you are good to go.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleek View Post
No, top end not done, but no signs of it needing it anytime soon. I do realize this may need to be addressed in the future.

Bristol, thanks for the feedback on the dealer. Seems to be in line with my experience thus far. Comforting to know that your business with them was positive, and they came across as good folks.

Beat part is, I get to visit Monterey again, get a 911, and drive down PCH. I'm gonna try and take a bunch of coastal photos, so long as it doesn't slow me down too much.
Some members are very scared of the "top end" and think that it should be rebuild once a year........all jokes aside, the car looks very nice. It may run 200k or more without needing any major work. Only the future will tell.

Congrats and enjoy!

Old 10-02-2013, 10:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: