Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Cabriolet premium. 930

Let's take two identical 930's. One a cabriolet, the other a regular carrera. How much more (or less) would the cab demand over the hardtop?

Old 11-11-2014, 02:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Checked out

$10,000 to $15,000 less for a Cab over a Coupe for a 930.
Old 11-11-2014, 04:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
$10,000 to $15,000 less for a Cab over a Coupe for a 930.
+1

Funny thing though, I would pay a premium for a 930 Targa - only because they are so rare... go figure.
Old 11-12-2014, 06:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
There used to be a huge discount for the cabs price compared to the coupes. Tagas were in between but that has changed lately. I agree with "mclovin", only about 10-15K now and some people might even want one more than a coupe.
This is a new market, with new type of Porsche buyers and the old rules do not really apply any more.
As 930 move from high performance driving cars to collectible car the cabs and the targas will climb in value.
Old 11-12-2014, 06:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

I think the recent panaroma put a pretty big premium for convertable, and actually a small reduction for targa in their valuations. Of course they allso had euro coupes at about half of usdm.

I pretty much disagree on all counts. Cab in a 930 sort of ruins the look and point to me, but to each thier own.
Old 11-13-2014, 07:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Narrow 911 cabs are downright delightful. In my opinion, totally under valued. The 930, however, never made sense to me as a cab but as others have said, it won't matter soon. The production numbers are less and it is open air driving which is always eventually a plus in price.

Even the price of the Mercedes 300SL gullwing and roadster are closing in on each other.
Old 11-13-2014, 10:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Seems like this car year is at the brink of collectible status. On one hand, serious performance cars are rarely cabs but unless you plan to run your car on the track, will you notice the lack of stiffness? At this age, stock 930s may be more of a gotta have one car, so a car you can cruise around in with the top down might balance things.

My 88 930 is a cab. Thinking of selling in the spring as I haven't been driving it much. On the track, it can hold ground with a new BMW m3 (v8) with all the driver assists, as long as the 930 driver doesn't make any mistakes (which I do, inevitably). A blast on the track and still nice to cruise with the top down.

Guess I'll see what the market says in the spring.

Old 11-16-2014, 08:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: