Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 4- Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 80
Here are a few pictures from the Cars and Coffee show. It was HUGE and SO MUCH FUN!




Old 07-17-2017, 11:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #221 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 288
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandajg View Post
Here are a few pictures from the Cars and Coffee show. It was HUGE and SO MUCH FUN!

you know what, i think you MUST keep this car! It looks good on you & you have a huge smile on your face..forget selling it..KEEP IT..There is nothing like a woman pulling up in a proper classic 911!
Old 07-17-2017, 11:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #222 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 80
I had SO much fun down there! What can I say; I'm a car girl! I had to go by myself 😂 It started at 8 but I was there by 630 and it was already packed. The PCA got me right in, front and center in their section. I loved walking around and looking at all of the cars and my car got quite a bit of attention. Out of all the porsches in their 80s my dad's car had intention that looked brand new. So many comments on how well taken care of the car was. My dad met me down there later in the morning and walked around with me. After seeing his car beside all the other classics, it made me so proud to see how much he loved and took care of that car. There was really no comparison. And to think he drove this car daily and it still looked like a collector car was insane?!? Meant a lot to me.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #223 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 80
And I never let people take my pic so to get those pics of me driving his car means a lot to me.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #224 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 288
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandajg View Post
I had SO much fun down there! What can I say; I'm a car girl! I had to go by myself 😂 It started at 8 but I was there by 630 and it was already packed. The PCA got me right in, front and center in their section. I loved walking around and looking at all of the cars and my car got quite a bit of attention. Out of all the porsches in their 80s my dad's car had intention that looked brand new. So many comments on how well taken care of the car was. My dad met me down there later in the morning and walked around with me. After seeing his car beside all the other classics, it made me so proud to see how much he loved and took care of that car. There was really no comparison. And to think he drove this car daily and it still looked like a collector car was insane?!? Meant a lot to me.
KEEP THE CAR Amanda! You won't find anything in that price range that brings you the joy this particular car obviously brings you!
Old 07-17-2017, 11:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #225 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarek307 View Post
KEEP THE CAR Amanda! You won't find anything in that price range that brings you the joy this particular car obviously brings you!
Then I would be right back on here this time next year in the same situation ....... with you telling me to quit trying to squeeze every dollar out of my washed up car and just sell it and go away. 😂🤣
Old 07-17-2017, 12:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #226 (permalink)
gearhead
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Loverland, CO
Posts: 12,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandajg View Post
Then I would be right back on here this time next year in the same situation ....... with you telling me to quit trying to squeeze every dollar out of my washed up car and just sell it and go away. 😂🤣
__________________
1974 911 Restorod
1974 914 Bumble Bee
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 07-17-2017, 12:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #227 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandajg View Post
Then I would be right back on here this time next year in the same situation ....... with you telling me to quit trying to squeeze every dollar out of my washed up car and just sell it and go away. 😂🤣
Pure gold.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #228 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 288
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandajg View Post
Then I would be right back on here this time next year in the same situation ....... with you telling me to quit trying to squeeze every dollar out of my washed up car and just sell it and go away. 😂🤣
and i would eat my words again for not realizing how beautiful the car is and what a connection you have with it by the way i was not the one that said "sell it and go away"

i stand by my new suggestion of keeping the car & i apologize for not realizing what this car means to you! That picture & smile alone did the talking
Old 07-17-2017, 01:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #229 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Hudson Valley
Posts: 2,231
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandajg View Post
Then I would be right back on here this time next year in the same situation ....... with you telling me to quit trying to squeeze every dollar out of my washed up car and just sell it and go away. 😂🤣
BANG!
Nice one Amanda. He deserved that.
__________________
1978 SC Coupe, Gris Argent Metallic Silver
1974 2002 Tii Polaris Silver, Under construction
1972 911T
Old 07-17-2017, 02:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #230 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 288
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYNick View Post
BANG!
Nice one Amanda. He deserved that.
sure did lol..
Old 07-17-2017, 02:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #231 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarek307 View Post
and i would eat my words again for not realizing how beautiful the car is and what a connection you have with it by the way i was not the one that said "sell it and go away"

i stand by my new suggestion of keeping the car & i apologize for not realizing what this car means to you! That picture & smile alone did the talking
You are right; that specific quote was @chris911s although you were tag-teaming with him.
I'm glad you see the value and emotional connection with the car now.
Here's a pic of my dad and older sister; they came down near the end of the show and met me. I do need to get more pics of my dad with the car.
If I didn't know any better I would say that you will miss me once my car is gone and this thread goes stagnant. 😉💋
Old 07-17-2017, 02:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #232 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 288
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandajg View Post
You are right; that specific quote was @chris911s although you were tag-teaming with him.
I'm glad you see the value and emotional connection with the car now.
Here's a pic of my dad and older sister; they came down near the end of the show and met me. I do need to get more pics of my dad with the car.
If I didn't know any better I would say that you will miss me once my car is gone and this thread goes stagnant. 😉💋
Amanda, now my question is HOW COULD YOU SELL IT? i won't miss you, because you WILL NOT SELL the car and you will just keep being a Porsche Enthusiast here like your father is and then pass the car down to your kids later on! Thats the plan..lol
Old 07-17-2017, 03:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #233 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 80
My French potential buyer chats w me daily still and he made my cars and coffee pic his screen cover. This has been his dream car for years. He is a true VW/ air cooled classic enthusiast and has always wanted a Porsche just like this one. He sent me this pic of him and his wife's camping VW this wk. his entire fb for years is all about these cars so I have no reason to question it.
My dad is an avid traveler now and loves Europe and they have opened their home to let him come stay and visit and drive their cars w them. He keeps saying that this car will be a connection between our families. He really has remained friends with the other US sellers he's worked w too. My dad was a huge VW lover just like him. We had cool VW bugs and van growing up. Of course I didn't think they were cool then ��

I think this man will truly love the car like my dad. I hate that it's been at my house for so long and I haven't been able to / made the effort to truly take advantage of an appreciate it. the thought of it just sitting here unused and unappreciated for another year hurts my heart.

Last edited by amandajg; 08-09-2017 at 08:59 AM..
Old 07-17-2017, 04:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #234 (permalink)
gearhead
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Loverland, CO
Posts: 12,265
And this is the beauty of the Pelican community. While started around a business, it was built on a shared love of these cars. And it has gone worldwide.

We had a 78 VW camper when I was a kid. Spent 2 summers driving around the west and rockie in it with my dad and brother after my parents got divorced. Fond fond memories of that time.
__________________
1974 911 Restorod
1974 914 Bumble Bee
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 07-17-2017, 04:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #235 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Monson View Post
And this is the beauty of the Pelican community. While started around a business, it was built on a shared love of these cars. And it has gone worldwide.

We had a 78 VW camper when I was a kid. Spent 2 summers driving around the west and rockie in it with my dad and brother after my parents got divorced. Fond fond memories of that time.
I love that so much! The bond and the memories is what it's all about and you can't put a price tag on those things. I wish we would have had the texhnology to video and capture digital photos bk then. We take that sort of thing for granted when we are kids. I remember my dad restoring his VW and taking all the seats out except the driver seat and making me sit on a kerosene can inside of it to go somewhere and telling me not to touch the battery 😂
I was so embarrassed! he bought an older VW Thing and restored it with my sister years ago. She just sold it this year and he still swears she undersold it. I'm afraid he will think the same of me.
He called me today and told me how good I looked in that car and kept saying "that car is yours to do WHATEVER you want to with it. It's YOUR decision"
Most men are thrown off by a little blonde mom of 4 working on and fixing cars but I have a distinct passion for it. I must have gotten that from my dad.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #236 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Monson View Post
And this is the beauty of the Pelican community. While started around a business, it was built on a shared love of these cars. And it has gone worldwide.

We had a 78 VW camper when I was a kid. Spent 2 summers driving around the west and rockie in it with my dad and brother after my parents got divorced. Fond fond memories of that time.
And who wouldn't love a post like this? He really is excited about the car. I'm just gonna go off faith on this one. When you do good for the right reasons It always ends up coming full circle. I truly believe that.

Old 07-17-2017, 05:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #237 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandajg View Post
Most men are thrown off by a little blonde mom of 4 working on and fixing cars but I have a distinct passion for it.
That's hot
__________________
"Fraud is everywhere in this hobby. Believe nothing, believe nobody, expect disappointment."

2004 996TT w/X50
1974 911 Targa
Old 07-18-2017, 03:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #238 (permalink)
 
Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 80
Just sending an update.... I'm considering listing the car on BaT. They have shown interest in listing it with a reserve that I can live with and Im thinking that may just be the way to go. Im not a gambler by nature but I've struggled to find the time to really market it the way I should. My over seas buyer strung me along for SO many weeks and I just don't feel great about it anymore. Things kept changing and being added on and Im exhausted with it. My East Tennessee Bible Belt nature can be too trusting and nice at times I guess. Lesson learned.
Any advice for me with completing the write- up for it? Things people would be looking for that Im missing? I am guessing I need to do more detailed pictures of every littler section of the car too?
Old 08-07-2017, 05:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #239 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 288
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandajg View Post
Just sending an update.... I'm considering listing the car on BaT. They have shown interest in listing it with a reserve that I can live with and Im thinking that may just be the way to go. Im not a gambler by nature but I've struggled to find the time to really market it the way I should. My over seas buyer strung me along for SO many weeks and I just don't feel great about it anymore. Things kept changing and being added on and Im exhausted with it. My East Tennessee Bible Belt nature can be too trusting and nice at times I guess. Lesson learned.
Any advice for me with completing the write- up for it? Things people would be looking for that Im missing? I am guessing I need to do more detailed pictures of every littler section of the car too?
detailed pics, take the car to a mechanic and take pics of the undercarriage and suspension- Make a video walk around of the car- Make a drive by video of the car- Make a cold start video of the car.

If you want to go a step further, you can do a PPi yourself on the car and another step further which would really make the listing shine is doing a Leak down test and posting the numbers..
Old 08-07-2017, 05:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #240 (permalink)
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

 


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:50 PM.


 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2016 Pelican Parts - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page
 

DTO Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.