Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Wheeler Dealer 1976 912E

FS: 1976 Porsche 912E to be featured on TV's Wheeler Dealers

I always watch this show and wonder what it would be like to purchase one of their cars........
Old 05-12-2016, 12:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
+ the point of the show is to buy low, let a generic "mechanic" rattle can it and then sell high. Good luck to the new owner of the Wheeler dealer 912e.

Wheeler dealer 912e

Wheeler dealer 912E wheeler dealer porsche 912E
Old 05-12-2016, 12:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
$37K. Holy Carumba! Ed is thorough, but $37K thorough?
Whoever buys this car will be paying for his 15 minutes of fame, which will be more like 1 minute of airtime.

Smile for the camera!
(I don't list the cars I've sold, because they're gone)
Old 05-12-2016, 12:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
War584

Garage
I'd pay $27k for the car, all day long. $5k for a signed tee shirt with Ed's face on it and $5k for Mike's leather jacket and shoes. But not a penny more!

Scratch the shoes and shirt, I can pick those up on Hollywood Blvd for a couple bucks and then have $10k left over to fund a 914 project!.

This whole Hollywood (London-wood) thing is overrated / overpriced IMO. Then again, I biased living in LA.
Old 05-12-2016, 02:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by christiandk View Post
+ the point of the show is to buy low, let a generic "mechanic" rattle can it and then sell high.
After all of their expenses I don't think they've ever sold "high". Always seems like they're making about $200-500 profit. Lol..
Old 05-12-2016, 04:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Been here a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFT3.2 View Post
After all of their expenses I don't think they've ever sold "high". Always seems like they're making about $200-500 profit. Lol..
i

And their review of the repair costs are parts only, never a discussion about labor...it it is a great show, very entertaining and somewhat informative.
Old 05-12-2016, 04:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFT3.2 View Post
You are leaving out what the production company pays them for the TV rights.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 05-12-2016, 04:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonett43 View Post
i

And their review of the repair costs are parts only, never a discussion about labor...it it is a great show, very entertaining and somewhat informative.
If you were to sell your car would you calculate with the thousands of hours that you have used on your car?

My point is. They are trying to flip it at a high price to someone who is turned on by a little fat bloke in a leather jacket and a tall skinny wanker in overalls. Our old friend Ronnie might just be the buyer for this car - he was always envious of my E.
Old 05-12-2016, 09:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

^^^

How could one NOT envy the tire roasting, ground pounding, Earth's gravitational pull reversing, grunt of the mighty E's power (?) plant, Chris?!?!?
Old 05-12-2016, 10:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Quote:

My point is. They are trying to flip it at a high price to someone who is turned on by a little fat bloke in a leather jacket and a tall skinny wanker in overalls. Our old friend Ronnie might just be the buyer for this car - he was always envious of my E.
I thought you meant he was envious of your little fat blokes and tall skinny wankers

1974 911 Targa
Old 05-13-2016, 02:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
If you were to sell your car would you calculate with the thousands of hours that you have used on your car?

Mike isn't little...around 5' 11"

Compared to Edd he looks small!
Old 05-13-2016, 04:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
I like to watch the show, and a few others like Fantom Works, and of course , both Us and UK Top Gear. The others are too much BS. The stupid created deadlines that make everyone "sweat". The endless talking and self promotion like on Unique Rides makes me puke.
At least Wheeler Dealers is kind of fun and Ed is genuine and talented. Ever watch Motor Week? What a crock of S**t that one is.
I used to watch the Meguirs Classic cars show, kinda like that one. Reallyu JayLeno's Car shows on Youtube are the best
If anyone cares, my apologies to those who don't.
Old 05-13-2016, 05:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
War584

Garage
Interesting little bit from our So Cal TV station...although no 912e can be seen good perspective on Mike's height>

'Wheeler Dealers' gives ABC7 inside look at Huntington Beach garage | abc7.com
Old 05-13-2016, 02:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Old thread I know.. during this episode, Mike buys some aircon parts from an "Aladdin's Cave" of Porsche parts.. what's that business name?
Old 09-12-2018, 02:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: