Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 4- Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Chain fence eating turbo

What a cork soaker!
Old 09-06-2016, 05:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Garage
I hate to see people let their optimistic outlook screw them over and over again. When doing business with people over the internet, especially someone you have never dealt with before, you can not let your emotions get in the way. After the parts failed to arrive and this POS made a BS excuse, you should have filed a claim with PP and/or your CC company immediately. The next step would be to post your experience on any site this POS frequents to alert other enthusiasts about this POS. I hope you recover your funds.
1971 914-6 #0372
2016 Audi S3 DD
2010 997.2 C4S 6 Speed
Old 09-06-2016, 06:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

I went to the police station and they told me they'd look into it so I'm glad about that. The detective said it won't be a quick solution but something will get done about it. I can't let a scammer get away with this, he'll just do it to someone else.

Peter has completely blocked my number but reality will set in when the police come knocking.

Thanks everyone for the advice. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Old 09-06-2016, 10:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
GAFB

I've gone to the authorities before and gotten no joy.

If you haven't opened up a dispute with PP and your credit card provider, now is the time.

I am unclear - was this some sort of joint venture deal with Black Forest Racing in NC? If so, talk to Cody @ BFR to see if he can apply some pressure on your behalf. Also try talking with Carolinas Region PCA folks to see if they have any suggestions.
Old 09-06-2016, 10:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtw View Post
I've gone to the authorities before and gotten no joy.

If you haven't opened up a dispute with PP and your credit card provider, now is the time.

I am unclear - was this some sort of joint venture deal with Black Forest Racing in NC? If so, talk to Cody @ BFR to see if he can apply some pressure on your behalf. Also try talking with Carolinas Region PCA folks to see if they have any suggestions.
I called a Porsche shop in Denver, North Carolina where Peter said he had a warehouse full of parts. That shop said they'd never heard of him and I'm inclined to believe them. I seriously doubt Peter has anything to do with Black Forest either, so for that I apologize for bring their name into this. I was just going off what he told me.
Old 09-06-2016, 11:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
GAFB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma View Post
I called a Porsche shop in Denver, North Carolina where Peter said he had a warehouse full of parts. That shop said they'd never heard of him and I'm inclined to believe them. I seriously doubt Peter has anything to do with Black Forest either, so for that I apologize for bring their name into this. I was just going off what he told me.
It was possibly Exclusive Motorwerks that you called. That is Lou and he's a great guy. He ventured out on his own a few years ago but he was at Black Forest Racing before that.

This Peter character definitely has some kind of relationship with Black Forest Racing, I confirmed that with a guy in the local Charlotte scene this morning when I read your original post. I'm several hours away up in Raleigh but I know some folks down there.
Old 09-06-2016, 11:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Quote:
It was possibly Exclusive Motorwerks that you called. That is Lou and he's a great guy. He ventured out on his own a few years ago but he was at Black Forest Racing before that.

This Peter character definitely has some kind of relationship with Black Forest Racing, I confirmed that with a guy in the local Charlotte scene this morning when I read your original post. I'm several hours away up in Raleigh but I know some folks down there.
I just talked to Cody at BFR. He said he knows Peter, is sometimes slow to pay but wasn't aware of him being shady. Peter has a shop across the street.

Peter just sent me an email saying the parts are no longer for sale and that I should contact his attorney.
Old 09-06-2016, 11:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
GAFB

Quote:
I just talked to Cody at BFR. He said he knows Peter, is sometimes slow to pay but wasn't aware of him being shady. Peter has a shop across the street.

Peter just sent me an email saying the parts are no longer for sale and that I should contact his attorney.
OK - so does Colorado even enter into the equation?

If Peter - and your parts - are in the CLT area, then one of the locals should be able to get them for you and see about getting them shipped. Hell, I'll do it if you want - I'm way overdue to see one of my friends down there and I need to pick something up at IKEA.

Maybe if you and Peter can find a way to de-escalate the tensions a bit, he will agree to let a local swing by and pick up your stuff.

Feel free to contact me via PM if you are able to come to an understanding w/Peter. I am free on Saturday and will happily make the trip if needed.
Old 09-06-2016, 11:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Quote:
OK - so does Colorado even enter into the equation?

If Peter - and your parts - are in the CLT area, then one of the locals should be able to get them for you and see about getting them shipped. Hell, I'll do it if you want - I'm way overdue to see one of my friends down there and I need to pick something up at IKEA.

Maybe if you and Peter can find a way to de-escalate the tensions a bit, he will agree to let a local swing by and pick up your stuff.

Feel free to contact me via PM if you are able to come to an understanding w/Peter. I am free on Saturday and will happily make the trip if needed.
Peter lives in Estes Park, Colorado and has a shop there and in North Carolina. He told me the parts were located in Colorado. I sincerely appreciate the offer.
Old 09-06-2016, 11:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
GAFB

Quote:
Peter lives in Estes Park, Colorado and has a shop there and in North Carolina. He told me the parts were located in Colorado. I sincerely appreciate the offer.
There are plenty of Denver area pelicans too - maybe you can still work out a similar deal there.

Let me know if there's anything I can do on the NC side.

Good luck.
Old 09-06-2016, 11:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Garage
Puma,

Assuming seller does business in Colorado you should contact the Colorado Attorney General's Office. The AG's office is responsible for investigating violations of the Colorado Consumer Protection Act. This is most likely better than calling the local police detective as the AG's office should maintain files on bad business persons. So if this guy has a history they will know.

Consumer Protection | Attorney General - State of Colorado

Same goes for NC. Link to AG's office: Consumer
1995 993 Carrera 4 SOLD
2004 Land Rover Discovery II G4 Edition (Sold )
Old 09-06-2016, 11:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)
The Mighty Pieholio

Garage
Quote:
Oh look Peter has responded with more excuses................
Just talking.

Peter tit is in a financial wringer. He is a "good guy" but is up against it. Additionally, he is not organized. Neither is an excuse.

It's easier to dodge the truth than suffer the embarrassment. This cannot bode well for him.

That said, I can't reconcile the golf outing with my financial stress hypothesis.
Old 09-06-2016, 12:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Kontak View Post
Just talking.

Peter tit is in a financial wringer. He is a "good guy" but is up against it. Additionally, he is not organized. Neither is an excuse.

It's easier to dodge the truth than suffer the embarrassment. This cannot bode well for him.

That said, I can't reconcile the golf outing with my financial stress hypothesis.
Bob, if you know him please try to reason with him. If he's in a financial wringer it's about to get a lot worse. I've started the criminal aspect, filed a complaint with the Colorado Attorney General, and and on my way to file a civil suit. All of these things will only make his financial situation worse. He needs to swallow his pride and send me the parts I paid for or a Judge will make him do it. I've wasted so much time pleading with him to send me the stuff and there's zero chance of me backing down.

I've got a hunch he sold the parts already to someone else and was just going to keep me on the line until the PayPal buyer protection ran out. I was mister nice, mister understanding since June 22nd and yesterday my patience ran out. I know this all sounds mean, but seriously I was really understanding and nice through countless excuses.

His only hope is to get my parts into my hands as soon as possible. I will not stop.
Old 09-06-2016, 01:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)
The Mighty Pieholio

Garage
Quote:
Bob, if you know him please try to reason with him. If he's in a financial wringer it's about to get a lot worse. I've started the criminal aspect, filed a complaint with the Colorado Attorney General, and and on my way to file a civil suit.
Do your thing and with extreme prejudice.

I am only guessing as to his situation given the good ebay scores. The golf outing comment was sad.
Old 09-06-2016, 01:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

You are not mean and do not stop and if you are able put this guy behind bars if you can then please do so. He is nothing more than a con man and I am sure has done it before to others and has just gotten away with it up until now.
Old 09-06-2016, 01:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

I'm in Denver, and I have a pickup.
Old 09-06-2016, 01:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

Garage
His excuses are BS. If you can't fit them in your car, then don't list them for sale, and accept money.
Plus, he then says he wants to sell them to another buyer?

In the Samba link you posted, notice how he instantly emerges after going dark once he's exposed on the internet. Love the internet.

I don't even understand the text in post #17.
Sounds like he's trying to force a Paypal return, and sending back the parts where they came from?
Did he even ever own the parts he sold you?

He has blocked you, and now trying to act all offended by saying "parts are not for sale?" since you actually did something about getting scammed?
Yea, they were not for sale the minute you got PAID for them!

Game on. I hope you teach this scammer a lesson.
Too many scammers keep doing it since people just let it go.

Thank you for warning the rest of us here.

Last edited by sugarwood; 09-06-2016 at 02:12 PM..
Old 09-06-2016, 02:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)

Garage
For future reference, what is the general procedure for pursuing someone who conned you from another state ?
Do you call the police in his state? His local town? Do you call your own local police? Or FBI?
Old 09-06-2016, 02:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdRogers View Post
I'm in Denver, and I have a pickup.
I'm sending you a PM.
Old 09-06-2016, 02:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)
abides.

Garage
Why are you still so insistent on having the parts and not a refund? Seems like someone else here could provide what you're looking for.
Old 09-06-2016, 02:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: