Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

red '72 on Bring A Trailer

Anyone know this car? -> 1972 Porsche 911T Coupe | Bring a Trailer

Currently @ $41k, thoughts on value?

Old 11-15-2016, 07:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered Ass-hat

Garage
Definitely a race car converted back to street, which I actually see as a positive on a non-numbers matching hot rod.

The paint job is skeptical at best; looks like a better version of a MAACO job. Could simply be my antenna is up considering the "recent" job was not only done in a non-Porsche color, but the least desirable color family at that. Any Porsche guy over the past 3 years would know that's a value killer and avoid at all costs. Weird.

Sub $50k someone with have a nice hot rod to enjoy as a solid driver for years to come. Looking for a flip it's out of the money at that level IMHO.

Cool car though......and rare to find one that can be leaned on immediately (and reliably) like this seems to be.
Old 11-15-2016, 08:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

i would get photos of the rust areas. not saying there is rust, but the car is from 72' lets be real here. those spots need to be addressed before you bid.
Old 11-16-2016, 08:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Kind of Blue

Garage
I'm wondering if it's post election jitters or simply winter but this and a number of other cars sold easily in the past week with relatively little bidding.

I won the International Scout II Diesel on BaT last week with only a few counter bids and well below my expected budget.
Old 11-16-2016, 03:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBonus View Post
I'm wondering if it's post election jitters or simply winter but this and a number of other cars sold easily in the past week with relatively little bidding.

I won the International Scout II Diesel on BaT last week with only a few counter bids and well below my expected budget.
It's very quiet out there... too quiet.
2018 Chevy Volt dd/parts fetcher
Old 11-16-2016, 05:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Kind of Blue

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by techweenie View Post
It's very quiet out there... too quiet.
Apparently, unless you have a 928.
Old 11-16-2016, 05:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Registered

Scottsdale will tell (for the big ticket cars at least)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Old 11-16-2016, 05:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: