Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 4- Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

300k mile 964

Wow.. Good for him for driving it. Maybe a little high on price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1991-Porsche-911-Carrera-2/182862861264?hash=item2a9379d3d0:g:hsAAAOSwwAdZ9ZE e&vxp=mtr
Old 10-30-2017, 09:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Yeah, maybe a little high. I would not pay half. Does not look well cared for - and semi slick tites. Hmmmmm.
Old 10-30-2017, 11:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Tires

300 plus thousand miles on track tires. Oh, yeah! Only driven on weekends, enduro track weekends. Appears way overpriced.
Old 10-30-2017, 02:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Love it !

Old 10-30-2017, 07:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

But it's a California car!
Old 10-31-2017, 09:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Wink Seller

Hey guys, thanks for looking at my ad. I'll try and stay positive through the speculation and address your concerns.

$32K was spent on the engine 7 years ago when it really needed it, since then the car was driven ~50k miles. (If you'd read the ad, you'd know the last part)

I took pictures of the worst things I could find because I'm an honest seller the front bumper and side mirrors are about the only things that look even close to that.

Most of the interior is almost brand new, as you and Omar can see in the video

The slicks honestly just make it a better ride, I was going to change them out once I bought the wheels with them on, but the car feels about 5 times more comfortable. (sounds crazy, I know)

I've replaced 2 things in the few 6k miles I've owned it (courtesy of pelican parts), a window switch and an alternator pulley.

The way I see it is that you could have a car that you could be afraid to drive because it decreases the "value" with every mile so it just sits in a garage, or, you could have something like this.

Thanks,
And special thanks to Omar, you've reminded me to post the ad on Pelican parts as well!

Last edited by ablet2; 10-31-2017 at 10:58 PM.. Reason: Said 10 instead of 7 said 10k instead of 6
Old 10-31-2017, 12:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ablet2 View Post
Hey guys, thanks for looking at my ad. I'll try and stay positive through the speculation and address your concerns.

$32K was spent on the engine 7 years ago when it really needed it, since then the car was driven ~50k miles. (If you'd read the ad, you'd know the last part)

I took pictures of the worst things I could find because I'm an honest seller the front bumper and side mirrors are about the only things that look even close to that.

Most of the interior is almost brand new, as you and Omar can see in the video

The slicks honestly just make it a better ride, I was going to change them out once I bought the wheels with them on, but the car feels about 5 times more comfortable. (sounds crazy, I know)

I've replaced 2 things in the few 10k miles I've owned it (courtesy of pelican parts), a window switch and an alternator pulley.

The way I see it is that you could have a car that you could be afraid to drive because it decreases the "value" with every mile so it just sits in a garage, or, you could have something like this.

Thanks,
And special thanks to Omar, you've reminded me to post the ad on Pelican parts as well!
I appreciate your honesty and welcome to the forum. I think your $45k asking price is way off the mark. If you really want some interest lower it into the 30s. The high mileage (awesome that the 911 was driven that much) is going to scare off allot people away right off the bat. I understand "shoot for the moon" but honestly you should be happy with anything in the lower $30k range for that car. Best of luck with your sale.

Here's a comp of recently sold 964 C4 (factor a 10% premium for C2). That was a enthusiast/well sorted car with lots of tasteful mods and pretty much a fresh engine rebuild.

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-marketplace/1009046-90-964-c4-white-blue-very-well-sorted-full-engine-rebuild-17-a.html
Old 10-31-2017, 03:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Thank you for the well thought out response and advice. I did actually take a look at this car among others to come up with a number. I must admit, my original numbers were drastically off. I totally understand the part about scaring people away with the mileage, all I can really say to that is that it doesn't reflect how the car was driven.

I got the car last year from an older couple (doctors) who were neighbors of mine, they had the car garaged throughout its whole life, the car literally was a daily driver and extremely well cared for ($32k for just the drivetrain must mean something). They were planning on moving so they offered it to me. They probably sold it to me because of the reason that they didn't want all the negatives that come with selling a high mileage car (as I am having now). I'm not trying to tell you a story for fun , its just so you know how it was driven.

The car I'm selling seems relatively comparable to the one you'd posted.
I actually would like you to point out the key differences between that and mine (Honestly). It could give me more insight into what makes you value one car more than another.
Honestly, I may not have advertised mine with the details that it needs to get the right price. (ex. almost brand new interior)

Here's my ad on Rennlist: https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-marketplace/1032184-fs-1991-c2-964-gp-white.html

Please read the receipt for the rebuild, its actually very detailed.

I actually really appreciate the fact that you took the time to write your respectful response!

Thanks!
Old 10-31-2017, 09:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

As per the abusive comments I've been getting, the car is being taken off all Porsche "enthusiast" websites. Thanks
Old 11-01-2017, 04:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Thank you for the well thought out response and advice. I did actually take a look at this car among others to come up with a number. I must admit, my original numbers were drastically off. I totally understand the part about scaring people away with the mileage, all I can really say to that is that it doesn't reflect how the car was driven.

I got the car last year from an older couple (doctors) who were neighbors of mine, they had the car garaged throughout its whole life, the car literally was a daily driver and extremely well cared for ($32k for just the drivetrain must mean something). They were planning on moving so they offered it to me. They probably sold it to me because of the reason that they didn't want all the negatives that come with selling a high mileage car (as I am having now). I'm not trying to tell you a story for fun , its just so you know how it was driven.

The car I'm selling seems relatively comparable to the one you'd posted.
I actually would like you to point out the key differences between that and mine (Honestly). It could give me more insight into what makes you value one car more than another.
Honestly, I may not have advertised mine with the details that it needs to get the right price. (ex. almost brand new interior)

Here's my ad on Rennlist: https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-marketplace/1032184-fs-1991-c2-964-gp-white.html

Please read the receipt for the rebuild, its actually very detailed.

I actually really appreciate the fact that you took the time to write your respectful response!

Thanks!
140k miles on the body and 7 years difference between engine rebuilds is easily a $10k difference in my opinion. I would get the car detailed and take as many pictures as possible if you want to get in the ballpark of your asking price.
Old 11-01-2017, 04:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Kudos to the owner for driving her. $32k on the motor is a plus but the aesthetics should match the asking price. That front lip is hurting, either it should be fixed or replace the bumper. The listing on eBay also list several items that need attention...an exhaust leak and oil leak (to name a few) can be small issues or issues that will require a possible engine removal to repair....translation $$$

Somewhere in the low $30k's might be the magic number...or repair said items and relist.
Old 11-01-2017, 04:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
As per the abusive comments I've been getting, the car is being taken off all Porsche "enthusiast" websites. Thanks
Can't say that without naming names.

It wasn't me.
Old 11-01-2017, 04:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmax View Post
Can't say that without naming names.

It wasn't me.
Just did
previous Pcars
'95 993 Polar Silver/Chestnut;'08 Cayman S;'70 911E
Old 11-01-2017, 05:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

I would offer $25K pending a few questions.

Contact me for a no hassle deal.
RSR look hot rod, based on 75' SOLD
73 911t 3.0SC Hot rod Gulf Blue - Sold.
Old 11-02-2017, 09:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Garage
I was just wondering where "the mileage doesn't matter" proponents are.

But OP, yes, the documented rebuild is a plus.

$40K is a fair ask.

Quote:
~50k on rebuilt engine
~8k on new clutch

Physical maintenance records back to 2010

The new:

at 259,497:
-complete engine and transmission rebuild (too much to mention)
Rebuild cost $32k (included many new parts)
*paperwork available
Old 11-02-2017, 10:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialtyoneinc View Post
140k miles on the body and 7 years difference between engine rebuilds is easily a $10k difference in my opinion. I would get the car detailed and take as many pictures as possible if you want to get in the ballpark of your asking price.
It will be done, thanks for your insight. I will also see about the front bumper (fixing, not replacing). The price will come down more so for the next ad I'll be putting on Ebay with new and more pictures and a very detailed video.
Thanks
Old 11-02-2017, 12:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elombard View Post
I would offer $25K pending a few questions.

Contact me for a no hassle deal.
This is a great offer, OP should consider IMO
Old 11-02-2017, 01:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Garage
$25K for a 91 C2 with an $32K engine rebuild? No way. If it's anything like described, that's one lowball deal.

I am intimately familiar with a lightened 88 that had it's engine rebuilt a while ago and that has similar mileage. Value be damned, that car would be a bargain at $30,000 and the owner wouldn't sell it at that price.

I think mid $30's is more than fair.
Old 11-02-2017, 06:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

That is perfect car for BAT. Guarantee it fetches over $25k in its current state....Can’t recall the last time I’ve seen a C2 Coupe 5spd on there. Think you’ll get $30k at the least. Probably a little more. .

Last edited by specialtyoneinc; 11-03-2017 at 09:05 AM..
Old 11-02-2017, 07:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Garage

It looks like a well used but well kept California car.
Love the road rash on it !

I agree that $25K would be a steal.

Last edited by pmax; 11-02-2017 at 08:22 PM..
Old 11-02-2017, 08:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: