Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 4- Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Worth more than the sum of its parts

I saw this on Bring a trailer and figured it was quite similar to the direction I'm moving in for my project.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1976-porsche-911-6/

And it started making me wonder what it would sell for and whether it was worth more than the value of the parts that it contains (if they were used).

The pros for buying something like this, is (and it's a great looking car with a nice spec list) that it's finished and ready to go.

The cons are it's not what you would necessarily build (my car will be back dated but very different styling and direction) and it's not personal in that you haven't gone through the growth of learning the car (be it by building it yourself or going through the build process heart and wallet ache - no $70k bodywork here).

Then I started to wonder if you could build a car from used parts for the same money as buying one 'finished'.

What do you think?

I'm guessing it's model dependent G vs longhood. Special edition vs standard optioned car.
Old 11-03-2017, 05:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: