Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 4- Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

My old SC on BAT

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1980-porsche-911sc-10/ A friend put in a bid he didn't think would win but won the eBay auction. Car was in Visalia,Ca I offered to drive it home to Michigan for him. Although I have never liked red 911s I fell in love driving it back to Michigan and bought it from him(he was a Cabriolet guy.) The story was that Cali owner found the car in the back of the shop building him a 4wd off road racer. Story was a professional sports figure was having a racer built"got into trouble" and shop got the car for payment of work done on racer.He bought it painted it, resealed the engine and put new seat covers on it. For his son to drive!!! But Nephew killed in a car accident and his wife said that son had to have a car with an airbag so 911 was put on eBay. I drove the 911 daily from April to late October for several years, stored it in the winter. I liked it enough that it even stayed with me through a divorce. It ran great and synchro were fine when I sold it 10 years ago with about 69K miles on it. There were a few small parallel scratches on the top of the drivers fender from a rake falling in the garage. Everything was great on the car except AC when I owned it. I would buy it back except I have 2 356s and no more space.

Last edited by dougdadmac; 11-05-2017 at 06:01 AM..
Old 11-05-2017, 05:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Nice history.

Even though the bidding is already above your 2007 price, I think the engine is probably worth only just less than the current bidding price these days.

I might just have to watch this one...
Old 11-05-2017, 09:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Door #4... Why not
Old 11-05-2017, 10:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

i live in visalia, don't suppose you remember who you bought the car from?...
Old 11-05-2017, 01:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

It was bought from a guy who owned a construction company with his brother. I also remember him telling me he had a Lamborghini pickup? Or some really off the wall vehicle like that. This would have been around 1999 or 2000 maybe. Very nice guy. While the paint wasn't perfect when I owned it the paint job was decent no drips, runs etc. No bubbling or signs of rust anywhere. Very humid here and near Lake Michigan so I am sure by now the fasteners underneath are as nice now as when I had it. But it was a Cali car. Not a driven in winter Michigan car. I would certainly be checking it out and driving it and looking it over very closely if I were interested as I am only about an hour from where it lives.

Last edited by dougdadmac; 11-05-2017 at 07:01 PM..
Old 11-05-2017, 06:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Probably a LM002
Old 11-05-2017, 07:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

big guy?

think he replaced the SC with a lambo...
Old 11-05-2017, 07:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

I had 4 hours sleep when he delivered the car to the Motel I was at. I don't remember the sellers size. I seem to remember his last name was short. If you gave me a name maybe my long term memory would kick in. I do remember messing with my friend who won the auction. The ad had said 50K miles. My friend had loaned me his Bag phone(remember those?) I called him to tell him about my inspection of the car. Insisted he sit down, then told him mileage isn't 50K hemmed and hawed for a few minutes then told him it was actually 43209 miles( I can't remember mileage just that it was certainly less than 50K).. Just messing with him. Yes I have an evil sense of humor.

Last edited by dougdadmac; 11-06-2017 at 11:23 AM..
Old 11-06-2017, 11:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
pointless bump
Old 11-09-2017, 08:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: