Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Anyone see what this sold for?

Old 12-29-2017, 07:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Monson View Post
I’m surprised the owner didn’t buy it back. Maybe too heartbroken. If it was me I would need a six figure check to not buy it back and just let it go.
Many people don't know you have that option, the insurance company normally doesn't offer it up.

---Adam

356 Registry 17369
Early 911S Registry
912 Registry, PCA
Old 12-31-2017, 08:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

I have seen a few stories of people that were successful with flood cars. The two examples I can think of though were much newer and the water did not get much above the floor board.
RSR look hot rod, based on 75' SOLD
73 911t 3.0SC Hot rod Gulf Blue - Sold.
Old 12-31-2017, 08:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Registered

I want that tail
Old 12-31-2017, 12:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Registered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Monson View Post
I’m surprised the owner didn’t buy it back. Maybe too heartbroken. If it was me I would need a six figure check to not buy it back and just let it go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unobtanium-inc View Post
Many people don't know you have that option, the insurance company normally doesn't offer it up.

---Adam
Technically speaking you aren’t buying it back, you are just not “selling” it to your insurance company. In order for an insurance company to take possession of your car you have to agree to the settlement offer and sign the vehicle over. You can always keep the car if you want to forfeit the “salvage value”.
Old 12-31-2017, 04:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanbs View Post
Technically speaking you aren’t buying it back, you are just not “selling” it to your insurance company. In order for an insurance company to take possession of your car you have to agree to the settlement offer and sign the vehicle over. You can always keep the car if you want to forfeit the “salvage value”.
The one time I helped someone keep their car, you do sign it over, they then run it through the DMV and issue you a salvage title. At least that's how they do it in GA.

356 Registry 17369
Early 911S Registry
912 Registry, PCA
Old 12-31-2017, 05:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Registered

Garage
Send a message via AIM to VZ935
A friend bought it and the car is going to Europe. It will be stripped down to the bare chassis and rebuilt.
Old 01-03-2018, 06:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
Registered

I wish your friend luck. Sold for around $50k? Transport + resto costs+ surprises --all with a salvage title? Seems like a lot of work for a branded title car.
Old 01-03-2018, 07:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc911s View Post
I wish your friend luck. Sold for around $50k? Transport + resto costs+ surprises --all with a salvage title? Seems like a lot of work for a branded title car.
I think once it makes it to a lot of Europe the salvage/branded part goes away.

---Adam

356 Registry 17369
Early 911S Registry
912 Registry, PCA
Old 01-03-2018, 07:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
I have no idea what he paid for it. I know when he is finished with it the car will be primo

Personally the first gen turbo does nothing for me, unless it is a 934
Old 01-03-2018, 07:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Seems like a lot of work for a branded title car.
A branded US title doesn't mean much in Europe. It's still a 77 930 no matter what the paperwork says.
Old 01-03-2018, 07:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)
Registered

I was guessing that was the case with the title. Brave man to take on a flood car.
Old 01-03-2018, 07:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by VZ935 View Post

Personally the first gen turbo does nothing for me, unless it is a 934
Can't afford or find a real 934, especially the few street ones made? Probably why so many were modded for street or track to get similar performance from a first gen when some became aware of the 934 capabilities and could get their stocker to perform better. I moved from CA before this, so I missed out. Some here not even born yet. Probably a reason I really like the nicely done Modded ones that were built then.

Last edited by voitureltd; 01-03-2018 at 09:50 AM..
Old 01-03-2018, 09:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
I have owned and race a bunch of factory 934 & 934.5's . Though by the time I got them they had all been converted to Kremer K 3's or A.I.R. M16's with twin turbo mfi motors

The 76 77 turbo was a non intercooled 3 liter with 911S brakes. Beautiful car for sure but a 78 is a much better car. Until this centuries collector craze you could buy them for much less than a 78

Quote:
Originally Posted by voitureltd View Post
Can't afford or find a real 934, especially the few street ones made? Probably why so many were modded for street or track to get similar performance from a first gen when some became aware of the 934 capabilities and could get their stocker to perform better. I moved from CA before this, so I missed out. Some here not even born yet. Probably a reason I really like the nicely done Modded ones that were built then.
Old 01-03-2018, 10:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)
Registered

Yep, bought a couple nice modded street 77 930's 15- 20 years ago and still have them. Prefer to Keep & drive them vs the stockers ( although I still have a stock 77 just because it's a rare color). I've been a exclusive 930 dealer over that time so I to have had many 930s but never had a Porsche factory 934 or 935. Still have a 935 street kremer I've had for about 10 years and a CA vintage modded 79 SC chassis 3.4 liter twin turbo with later 935 suspension, last raced 1994. Should get it on track again this year. It should drive similar & have similar power of a 934. So I missed some of the action as I already had moved from CA mid 1960s so getting more involved with what I missed out on now.

Last edited by voitureltd; 01-03-2018 at 11:44 AM..
Old 01-03-2018, 11:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: