Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina P View Post
Are there other liquids I should be checking?
I could learn and do it myself, or take it in to get it checked out.

There are all kinds of liquids in the cabinet, not sure if they expire.

Maybe the tire pressure checked out too?
I have a pressure gauge but I don't know how accurate it is.
No, I'm sure you're fine just checking the oil now and again. And I'm sure your pressure gauge is plenty accurate to check your tire pressures.

Driving it occasionally is exactly the right thing to do. But please, go meet some other local Porsche people. You'll never regret it.
(I don't list the cars I've sold, because they're gone)
Old 01-13-2018, 12:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #81 (permalink)
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYNick View Post
No, I'm sure you're fine just checking the oil now and again. And I'm sure your pressure gauge is plenty accurate to check your tire pressures.

Driving it occasionally is exactly the right thing to do. But please, go meet some other local Porsche people. You'll never regret it.
I agree. I bet people will see his car and have stories to tell you about your husband you’ve never heard before. You will get to see who he touched with his life.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 01-13-2018, 12:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #82 (permalink)

Yes, he went to all of those.
I didn't go because I loved for him to have that time with
all the Porsche guys and buddies.
I will think about your suggestion Matt.

He's gone to a lot of the Porsche races at Laguna
Secca, car shows at Pebble beach, Pacific Grove, Monterey,
all the big Porche get togethers where people
come from around the world, and cars and coffee, Canepa.
I loved that about him, and how much fun he had with his
car. I think Canepa was in some of those races.

Hard decision....thinking
Old 01-13-2018, 02:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #83 (permalink)
gearhead

Yes, Bruce races at the Historics every year as well as the Rennsport Reunions. There's another one this coming summer.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 01-13-2018, 02:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #84 (permalink)

keep the car

I sense a bond with you and your life with your husband who has passed There are no words for that.For the next year or whatever just drive it.My one suggestion is to change the brake fluid.Only use a new bottle.One of those bottles of fluid in your stash might be brake fluid.If it is opened just throw it out.When you are ready to move on just call the guy they call Techweenie.I do not know him myself but our forum thinks highly of him.Live from Costa Rica on my 66th birthday.Ciao Fred
Old 01-13-2018, 04:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #85 (permalink)

Happy 66th Fred, enjoy!
Phil
Old 01-13-2018, 05:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #86 (permalink)

Happy birthday Fred!
Thanks for the advice.

I want to thank every one of you who have posted, given me
advice, suggestions, generous offers, the emails and private
messages. The nice things that have been said about my late husband,
and words of encouragement.

I am going to consider each and every post.
All of you are great guys. Thank you also for
welcoming me in you forum.
Gina
Old 01-13-2018, 05:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #87 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvlcporsche View Post
Gina-

I make this offer simply because I would want another in the Porsche community to do it for my wife

Nathan
I hope if something ever happens to me, someone makes such an offer to my widow. I have lots of friends, but my wife probably doesn't REALLY know which ones I trust enough to help this way.
Old 01-13-2018, 06:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #88 (permalink)

I'm really grateful and excited to see the fellow Pelican community come together for this.

Nathan - that's an amazingly generous offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvlcporsche View Post
I would do all the above for no fee or renumeration to me of any kind. I would handle all of it publicly so everyone in the community would know that is how this deal happened, nothing behind the scenes.

I make this offer simply because I would want another in the Porsche community to do it for my wife and I also sense some people with less than honorable intentions might not treat you as well. My experience over the years has been the Porsche world is full of some amazing and wonderful people, as the values of these cars have climbed it occasionally feels a little bit less that way, but I'm still impressed at the knowledge, kindness and compassion of so many. Sometimes we should return the favor!

If you are interested feel free to send me a message. Again, do what feels right for you.
As for the others - I'm also grateful for the sharks and less than scrupulous outing themselves in this situation. We know who to avoid undoubtedly and they have absolutely no place in this community.

What kind of person do you have to be to not only lowball someone on their late husband's pride and joy - and to then use this very thread to toot their own horn. SMH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarek307 View Post
some People on this forum especially hate dealers & will tell you your car is worth a million dollars but they aren't ready to put their money where their mouth is, so if you get a dealer offering you a quick fair deal and you want to be done with the car, then go for it after being sure you are getting a good value for your car. Some of the big dealers (not small niche operation like mine) do pay big money for these cars as they don't mind them sitting on their lots for a while to sell.
Old 01-14-2018, 12:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #89 (permalink)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
I'm really grateful and excited to see the fellow Pelican community come together for this.

As for the others - I'm also grateful for the sharks and less than scrupulous outing themselves in this situation. We know who to avoid undoubtedly and they have absolutely no place in this community.

What kind of person do you have to be to not only lowball someone on their late husband's pride and joy - and to then use this very thread to toot their own horn. SMH.
Amen brother!
Old 01-14-2018, 03:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #90 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post

Who is the shark here? Why don't you quote the entire post not edit it ? Low ball? are you insane? I told the OP BAT would be the best venue to sell the car with a 32-35k reserve -How am i shark? i'm giving advice that makes sense- you guys telling the OP her car is worth $50,000 when its am 81SC with 133k miles doesn't help her get a clear perspective. Also i'm not the only one that said this.

Here is the entire post- you are just another typical hater & it seems on this forum you can't be honest about being a dealer & an enthusiast at the same time- i'm here giving advice based on experience and NEVER tried or attempted to approach the OP about buying the car- so before you open your big mouth read the entire post and don't post a snipet from it to try and make someone look bad!

Quote:
Gina that is a beautiful example, if your husband went to a mechanic that you TRUST you may want them to help you sell the car if you aren't familiar with selling- This car could fetch anywhere from 25-35 all depending on a few factors. My advice as someone in the business is

1-If you have a family member familiar with cars have them help you & goto a TRUSTED mechanic if you have one, have them give you a pre purchase inspection report. Also Find as many records as you can, i'm sure your husband had maintenance records- organize them in a file.

2-Have someone familiar with these cars take many pics interior / exterior and while its at the mechanic pics of the undercarriage. The more transparent you are even with problems the car has the better, and it will sell quicker- remember MANY DETAILED PICS!

3-Think of a number you feel comfortable with and take into account how much time/work you want to put into making the deal, the more time & effort you put the more $$ you will get. This color should fetch a little extra $ as its a special color.

4-Screen buyers, if anyone sound like a low baller or shady do not deal with them, you may get some overseas inquiries, don't shy away, but be very careful, do NOT release car or title until you have money in your bank account CLEARED (you could make a new bank account just for this transaction)

5- some People on this forum especially hate dealers & will tell you your car is worth a million dollars but they aren't ready to put their money where their mouth is, so if you get a dealer offering you a quick fair deal and you want to be done with the car, then go for it after being sure you are getting a good value for your car. Some of the big dealers (not small niche operation like mine) do pay big money for these cars as they don't mind them sitting on their lots for a while to sell.

Good luck & if you have any questions ask us here!
Quote:
OP, Take what you hear here with a grain of salt, list the car on BAT with a -$32k-$35k reserve and thats if its in mint condition, that is the best route to go & will garner you the best value, i'm sure someone could help you list & sell it there![/I]

Last edited by Tarek307; 01-14-2018 at 09:17 AM..
Old 01-14-2018, 08:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #91 (permalink)

Garage
Tarek307, I gave the same advice as you, not as detailed, but with the same bottom line.
$35k reserve, list it on BAT.
People, motives get mistaken on the internet.
I think everybody here has shown they have Gina's best interest in mind.
Old 01-14-2018, 09:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #92 (permalink)

gearhead

I did not see Tarek as trying to snatch the car. What I saw was posturing and “I’m a dealer so I know better than you do” arguing. I don’t question his motives, just how he presents his “business” when he repeatedly acts like that.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 01-14-2018, 09:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #93 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
my cars mentioned one was a commemorative edition coupe with records and top end done and your'e telling me thats a dime a dozen car? Lets be realistic and not mislead the OP...maybe you've bought & sold 25 air cooled cars in the past 6 months also & have a little more knowledge of the market than i do.
Well there is that,
Old 01-14-2018, 09:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #94 (permalink)

Garage
I wouldn't know Tarek if I tripped over him. I've read this and a lot of the other posts and threads.

I think you guys are over reacting and busting his chops on this occasion. His post appeared genuine.

Give it a rest. Gina deserves better than for her thread to degenerate.
(I don't list the cars I've sold, because they're gone)
Old 01-14-2018, 10:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #95 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficke View Post
Well there is that,
And that is part of a reply to a convo in the thread where another member who mentioned that the prices being thrown around do not make sense where are we going to turn this thread into a goddamn Tarek the dealer bashing thread now! All I did was give my advice based on experience give me a freaking break, my goodness this forum is brutal!!

Stay on topic and help the op If you want to bash me go ahead and make a new thread bashing the big bad terrible dealer who suggested that the car should be put on bring a trailer for her to get the best value out of it and gave advice based on some experience with selling air cooled cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Monson View Post
I did not see Tarek as trying to snatch the car. What I saw was posturing and “I’m a dealer so I know better than you do” arguing. I don’t question his motives, just how he presents his “business” when he repeatedly acts like that.

Give me a break Matt- I just can’t win or even post a thing on this forum without something negative being said- I give up - I represent my biz very well and my reputation with people that dealt w me speak for itself , this bunch here though is so unbelievably negative to anything I say- I was merely trying to help.

Last edited by Tarek307; 01-14-2018 at 10:16 AM..
Old 01-14-2018, 10:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #96 (permalink)

Quote:
And that is part of a reply to a convo in the thread where another member who mentioned that the prices being thrown around do not make sense where are we going to turn this thread into a goddamn Tarek the dealer bashing thread now! All I did was give my advice based on experience give me a freaking break, my goodness this forum is brutal!!

Stay on topic and help the op If you want to bash me go ahead and make a new thread bashing the big bad terrible dealer who suggested that the car should be put on bring a trailer for her to get the best value out of it and gave advice based on some experience with selling air cooled cars
Please leave the thread and do not return. We get it. You're a dealer and that somehow makes you an authority on the air cooled market.

You do this in every single thread regarding flipping or where dealers aren't glorified both here and on RL. Stop making every thread about you. Get over it and move on.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #97 (permalink)

Bye Tarek!
Old 01-14-2018, 10:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #98 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc911s View Post
Bye Tarek!
yes, let's please keep it about the OP and the cool vibes created herein.

you get what you bring in this forum...
Old 01-14-2018, 10:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #99 (permalink)

Gina.... I will wire you $20,000 at the start of business tomorrow. Immediately, the SC will be placed prominently in my two car collection. I will do minor repairs, tune, detail and then place the car up for re-sale within 30 days......

PM if interested.......

Last edited by Macroni; 01-14-2018 at 10:41 AM..
Old 01-14-2018, 10:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #100 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: