Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 4-Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Nathan Solomon

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYNick View Post
How's your private message box going? I'm surprised no one has made you an offer yet!

Contact the PCA Florida Crown Region President. I'm sure someone will know someone who wants your car.

I'd contact Fields/Jacksonville Porsche as well. Skip, John or Charles are sure to know someone who's looking for an air cooled. All around pretty good guys in the Service Dept. Try Charles L. there.

Son was in JAX a few years back. Guided missile cruiser.

GLWS sailor.
Nick,

Thanks, I think I've finished testing the waters. Going to put all the ducks in a row with the sellers package and then think local first. A couple of offers already, and I will try to do right by them as well. I remember who asked first...

Florida Crown is a good region and I know they'll help me.
1981 SC "Die Klapperschlange II"
Old 02-03-2018, 11:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Garage
If you run into the situation where you have multiple people who want to buy it. Some times the best and fairest thing to do is put it up for auction on E-bay/ BAT and let everybody put their money where their mouth is and you do not have to pick favoritism or deal with the "I really wanted it" or "I asked you first" Or "I am your family/best friend"
It is a fair to all having a third party handling the multiple offers and conducting the auction.
The thing you would need to do is inform all interested parties of the auction.
Old 02-03-2018, 12:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Garage
Posting the VIN is a great idea.

I can easily see a dealer getting ahold of a car like this at a discount, and then the "story" instantly disappears from the history.

Considering what some rough cars are bringing on BaT, it would be worth a shot.

Plus, it will hit such a wide audience, it would be much tougher for a dealer to flip it later after whitewashing the title history.

Good Luck!
Old 02-04-2018, 02:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Nathan Solomon

Garage
All,

I've whipped up an early seller's folder. In the records part is the initial write up, the maintenance records, the water issue documentation, and my personal maintenance log.

A couple of items to note. I had the date wrong on the water intrusion, it was 2006 - not 1996 (note that the CarFax has the date wrong). That was 4 years before I bought the car. I was satisfied with my PPI and didn't pay attention to it anymore.

The second is that I had a leak-down done a few years ago and #4 and #5 were way low. It was Tyler's (my mechanic) opinion that is more carbon than anything else, but who knows. The car seems strong to me and I've had no problem with it. Still, let the buyer beware. I am planning to have another leak-down done soon before I price it, just to have some peace of mind.

Anyway: Here's the link to the folder. Peruse and let me know your thinking.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1-pq4UuKziSxJpIBWp7X-NPDZW09yv1n-

Last edited by wnsolomon; 02-05-2018 at 09:28 AM.. Reason: More info
Old 02-05-2018, 09:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Garage
You need a lot more pictures of the exterior and interior. Pictures help sell a car online. You’ve stated that “water intruded the car due to a rainstorm” which is somewhat misleading. When I read that I think windows down and sunroof open during a storm, however that ebay listing says that the car got caught up in high water and got up to the bumpers. This is flood damage plain and simple. Don’t skirt around the issue, you’ve been honest and upfront so far so don’t sugar coat anything. You have a nice car that will still bring more money than you have into it in all likelihood. In that ebay ad, I also question why he says water only got up to bumpers, but headliner needed to be replaced.

I’m going to say that with the flood history, high mileage, and questionable compression numbers this is a $25,000 car max, but I haven’t been following the SC market close enough to give you a definitive answer. Maybe start high 20’s and go from there?
Old 02-05-2018, 04:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Nathan Solomon

Garage
pnut, yep, I'm working on adding many more pics. I've got access to a lift as well and will be putting the car up to take some detailed pics underneath. I mostly wanted people to see the records. No intention to mislead on the water damage, but I can certainly see your point and will make the description more plain. As for the headliner piece, that caught my eye when I purchased the car, the water leaked through the sunroof and dripped on the seats. That's why he discarded the original seats. The same headliner is still there, it has a little staining, but otherwise looks fine (for its age), and actually better than many other regular drivers.

I am also going to schedule a leak-down test soon so that I can talk about the engine with more confidence.

Thanks for taking the time, I really appreciate it.
Old 02-05-2018, 05:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: