Pelican Parts Technical BBS

Pelican Parts Technical BBS (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/)
-   Porsche Marketplace Discussion (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-marketplace-discussion/)
-   -   impact bumper cars done up (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-marketplace-discussion/986341-impact-bumper-cars-done-up.html)

juanbenae 02-02-2018 06:08 PM

impact bumper cars done up
 
been thinking with all the crazy prices for any backdated car theses days will a hot rodded impact bumper car ever be that desirable? say a well done IROC bumpered car with flares or not, smog exempt or not, middie with a transplant or a sc/Carrera with the OE 3.o/3.2L power plant ever be offered for $70K?

I recognize there are a thousand factors in this, but wondered if I needed to backdate to create value...;)

pnut_lee 02-02-2018 06:26 PM

I think a hot rod impact bumper car can have tons of appeal......flared out or not. There are so many ways to customize these cars, and if done tastefully I can see one bringing big bucks.

Matt Monson 02-02-2018 06:44 PM

Sc-RS or 934. All the Luft and Keen rally cars are keeping the bellows. I am.

juanbenae 02-02-2018 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Monson (Post 9911681)
Sc-RS or 934. All the Luft and Keen rally cars are keeping the bellows. I am.

those are factory legends M2.

let me know if you need some good bellows ill have them headed your way. ive also got a full set of rear rubber bumper trim that is in fantastic shape & it's yours if needed. will be swapping out the front bumper soon and the bellows and trim are your's to be had. i owe you according to my score card..

Matt Monson 02-02-2018 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juanbenae (Post 9911705)
those are factory legends M2.

let me know if you need some good bellows ill have them headed your way. ive also got a full set of rear rubber bumper trim that is in fantastic shape & it's yours if needed. will be swapping out the front bumper soon and the bellows and trim are your's to be had. i owe you according to my score card..

Sweet. Iíll take it.

So you are going Iroc?

juanbenae 02-02-2018 07:44 PM

yep, not to tilt this thread though. PM me an address and ill get the rear bits headed your way. got a rear installed and have a front that i found in a race shop dumpster that ive yet to apply so you'll have to wait on the front smile n such.. no rear bumper pads...

Rawknees'Turbo 02-02-2018 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juanbenae (Post 9911733)
. . . PM me an address and ill get the rear . . . headed your way. got a rear and have a front . . . you'll have to wait on the front
. . .

???

!!!

:eek:

***more than forum dating***

Macroni 02-03-2018 05:53 AM

I will let you know... my goal is to tastefully outfit the 1986 Carrera I purchased. I am working through it slowly to determine what I want to do. Not to be tracked....I believe that all I need is 225hp to 250hp, Turbo Brakes, mildly modded suspension, lights and stripes. Already did 8s on the rear and new tires, now lowering and aligning.

Big decisions will be concerning elements such as AC. I did an upgrade on an 83 SC and felt it was a waste of money. Had no AC in either my 69 or 73 and never felt lacking. I do think in this situation it would be a value killer to take it out. Budget for mods: $20,000. This will have me all in at $55,000. +/- $5,000.

matt930s 02-03-2018 06:05 AM

Lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rawknees'Turbo (Post 9911766)
???

!!!

:eek:

***more than forum dating***


flyn-hawn 02-03-2018 07:26 AM

I do not thnk that the impact bumper cars will get very far along in $$$. Below is a link to one of the nicest ( in my lowly opinion) impact bumper cars I have seen for sale. Big motor, ac, SC/RS, nice interior good color. I don't know what the car sold for but ask was $120K
Let me just say that is my opinion, and there will always be cars that will bend the rules somewhere. Not saying they are not appealing or popular just not going to pull really big bucks.

I just bought a project from a friend that we had been helping along, originally a guards red M491 sunroof coupe with 88K miles. I had recommended backdating so when he tired of it he would at least get his money back out. He wanted to do his own thing, big brakes, big wheels and tires, roll bar, iroc bumpers, keep the stock motor and ac. Well 3 years later I picked it up and will be backdating it. I think this car would be hard pressed to get the result of the SC/RS finished in a short hood IROC style. But I am thinking it will do quite a bit better as a long hood, with smaller brakes, smaller wheels and tires, we'll see soon.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-cars-sale/969135-1984-porsche-911-sc-rs-954-homage-w-3-6l-twin-plug-socal.html




http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploa...1517674651.jpg
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploa...1517674651.jpg
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploa...1517674651.jpg
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploa...1517674651.jpg
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploa...1517674651.jpg
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploa...1517674651.jpg
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploa...1517674651.jpg
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploa...1517674651.jpg

Rawknees'Turbo 02-03-2018 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macroni (Post 9911972)
Big decisions will be concerning elements such as AC. I did an upgrade on an 83 SC and felt it was a waste of money. Had no AC in either my 69 or 73 and never felt lacking. I do think in this situation it would be a value killer to take it out.

Mac & Cheeze, agreed about the "value killer" comment - a/c is very appealing to anyone that lives in a hot and humid climate and wants to actually drive the car and not end up soaked in sweat while doing so. For example, although this year's "winter" has been colder than usual for North TexASS, there have been many days in the upper 60s-mid 70s, and while not hot, the almost continuously high humidity here means that I run the a/c even on those days to keep the cabin comfortable. I also do a lot of highway driving, and doing so with windows down really gets old in a hurry - nice to have a/c to avoid that.

I'm curios about what a/c mods you did on the other car that you said were a "waste of money" - many things can be done to make the 911 a/c system meatlocker cold, but there is a lot of money and time involved (definitely a lot of money if a shop does the work).

Macroni 02-03-2018 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyn-hawn (Post 9912075)
Below is a link to one of the nicest ( in my lowly opinion) impact bumper cars I have seen for sale. Big motor, ac, SC/RS, nice interior good color. I don't know what the car sold for but ask was $120K

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-cars-sale/969135-1984-porsche-911-sc-rs-954-homage-w-3-6l-twin-plug-socal.html

Was John Esposito's.... IMO looked better in Pictures than in person.....

I love the IROC look.... need to find pictures of Steven Harris's 993RS powered 74. It was the nicest I ever saw....


RawT: I will find the invoices but did the total conversion to the R134 (?) system. Price was $4,000. I was not impressed.

Norm K 02-03-2018 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rawknees'Turbo (Post 9912160)
... almost continuously ...

???

Rawknees'Turbo 02-03-2018 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norm K (Post 9912230)
???

I'm a machine!

juanbenae 02-03-2018 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyn-hawn (Post 9912075)
I do not thnk that the impact bumper cars will get very far along in $$$. Below is a link to one of the nicest ( in my lowly opinion) impact bumper cars I have seen for sale. Big motor, ac, SC/RS, nice interior good color. I don't know what the car sold for but ask was $120K
Let me just say that is my opinion, and there will always be cars that will bend the rules somewhere. Not saying they are not appealing or popular just not going to pull really big bucks.

I just bought a project from a friend that we had been helping along, originally a guards red M491 sunroof coupe with 88K miles. I had recommended backdating so when he tired of it he would at least get his money back out. He wanted to do his own thing, big brakes, big wheels and tires, roll bar, iroc bumpers, keep the stock motor and ac. Well 3 years later I picked it up and will be backdating it. I think this car would be hard pressed to get the result of the SC/RS finished in a short hood IROC style. But I am thinking it will do quite a bit better as a long hood, with smaller brakes, smaller wheels and tires, we'll see soon.


that car has all the bits that few of the recent backdated impact bumper cars can match. that think should bring top dollar in any body configuration. I can only dream of the domino having such goodness.

davewadd 02-03-2018 02:30 PM

I have a hot-Rod style impact bumper car (1975) that I think is probably a $50k car....my opinion.

So yes, i would say that impact bumper cars are desirable......probably won't ever be close to long-hood prices, but values have been going up, just like all air-cooled Porsches.

juanbenae 02-03-2018 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davewadd (Post 9912586)
I have a hot-Rod style impact bumper car (1975) that I think is probably a $50k car....my opinion.

So yes, i would say that impact bumper cars are desirable......probably won't ever be close to long-hood prices, but values have been going up, just like all air-cooled Porsches.


I estimate mine at $50K as well, and hagerty agrees with me on that with a declared value they only needed a couple photos to issue the policy.

I just wonder if there will be a time they are ooodled over like a longhood backdated impact bumper car. not that it matters, I love my slick-lid, crank window, smog exempt, hotrod lightweight! will the LHBD craze burn itself out at some point & the 80's revival of the slant return?? rawk will be ready if so. I'm sure of that...

t

Catorce 02-03-2018 04:12 PM

I'm so tired of all the backdated cars. As the owner of an actual long hood plus two impact bumper cars, to me they look good in their own separate ways. On my 75 I went IROC because when I bought the car it was missing front and rear bumpers (and also the car is wider both front and back than a turbo) but the SC looks great as an SC, not a longhood.

My 73 is the real deal and again, it suits the era.

sithot 02-04-2018 03:18 AM

^What he said.

willtel 02-04-2018 04:34 AM

A few guys seem to be doing the rally builds these days. I like the thought of them but I think they would be something hard to find a use case for once built.
https://d39a3h63xew422.cloudfront.ne...5-1200x628.jpg


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website


DTO Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.