Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 4-Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
shh-the robot is sleeping

You seem like an intelligent and serious buyer. So, walk away from this one. The 28K Carrera mentioned above may be more up your ally. No affiliation - but the seller seems honest, knowledgeable and to the point. I noticed it this morning and think it is a good deal in this market for someone willing to do some wrenching like you.
Old 02-08-2018, 07:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86 ssinit View Post
It was a sports option front and rear spoiler. Same thing in the carrera thou it was the carrera tail than.
I know you're correct but wasn't it a different tail on a slim body?
Old 02-08-2018, 09:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretz View Post
Obviously it still needs a PPI, but based on what you guys have seen, any idea what I might offer him, knowing that I need to overhaul the entire interior + Carrera tensioners + likely synchros + likely head studs + whatever else? $18k-$20k?
That would be a low ball offer for a rust free car with decent paint and "good" drivetrain even with the "ratty" interior.

It sounds like the car you are really looking for is above $30K.
Old 02-08-2018, 09:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmax View Post
That would be a low ball offer for a rust free car with decent paint and "good" drivetrain even with the "ratty" interior.

Everyone kiss your arse good bye. End of days are upon us. I agree with Max.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 02-08-2018, 10:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Garage
No that was the only tail you could get with it. Everybody wanted them to look like turbos. Yeah the guy put duct tape over the heater hose. Mine had no hoses heater deleat even the heat exchangers were gone. My interior was shot. Seats ripped and hard as rocks. Son redid the whole interior. Is the mileage correct? Does the odometer work? Get a ppi. I’ve got guards red on my 86 and it was all original and looked good when I bought it. If it’s been garaged kept it could be mostly original. If the engines good and you could get it for 22 to 25 you got a deal. Look what there selling for on bat and with 50k more miles.
Old 02-08-2018, 03:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Ancora Imparo

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmax View Post

Yeah, that's probably the case. I was just hoping to get a decent driver that wasn't a salvage or potentially in an accident for $30k. I know prices just seem to be going up, but I'm in no hurry, so I'll just keep watching the postings here and on RL (plus Craigslist etc) and see what I find. Maybe at some point I'll pony up the extra cash if I don't find something that fits the bill.

Thanks again for all the help - and yes, you are very helpful! Again, if you run across anything that seems like it would be up my alley, please let me know. I'll give the other currently listed salvage coupe another look...
Old 02-08-2018, 04:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah, that's probably the case. I was just hoping to get a decent driver that wasn't a salvage or potentially in an accident for $30k. I know prices just seem to be going up, but I'm in no hurry, so I'll just keep watching the postings here and on RL (plus Craigslist etc) and see what I find. Maybe at some point I'll pony up the extra cash if I don't find something that fits the bill.

Thanks again for all the help - and yes, you are very helpful! Again, if you run across anything that seems like it would be up my alley, please let me know. I'll give the other currently listed salvage coupe another look...
If the stock market continues its correction you shouldn't have a problem picking up a good driver at your price point in the near future.
Old 02-08-2018, 05:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
Ancora Imparo

Garage
Good point, although if we continue to lose 1000 pts a day I might decide not to spend $30k on a weekend car
Old 02-08-2018, 06:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Good point, although if we continue to lose 1000 pts a day I might decide not to spend $30k on a weekend car
Bro but air-cooled 911's "will only go up in value" & " are better than money in the bank"
Old 02-08-2018, 07:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialtyoneinc View Post
Bro but air-cooled 911's "will only go up in value" & " are better than money in the bank"
I thought that was 79 930s.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 02-08-2018, 08:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
^^^ Damn Straight!!
Old 02-08-2018, 09:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Garage
OP, some people draw so much out of every bump in the road of life. Sometimes it paralyzes decision making or cause undue stress, housing bubbles and crashes, gold rise and falls the stock market and air cooled Porsche pricing.

Volatility usually does not make for lasting gains or losses in housing, stocks, cars or gold, etc.
Because that is just what it is, emotional trading not based on real fundamentals. I try not to get caught up in that, if I was a day trader or car flipper sure but I am not. Nothing change but peoples perception and as important as perception is, perception is not reality.
Housing will go up over time as will stocks, gold and air cooled Porsches, but it is not a linear rise there will be ups and downs along the way and if there is a really fast rise it usually is followed by a really fast fall, but not down below the starting point.
Yes we recovered almost all the losses from the housing crash, stocks will recover higher than where they started and same with air cooled Porsche's.
So if you want a 911, buy something you will enjoy, in color, that does not need more work than you are willing to deal with and plan on driving and having fun with it. If you pay a little to much now it will be lost in the gains ten or 20 years when you sell and the fun you have with it.
Old 02-09-2018, 04:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)
gearhead

Meh. It's a market correction. The big shyte won't hit for about a year when the effects of the tax cut and deficit spending come home to roost.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 02-09-2018, 05:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
Quote:

Stocks are boooring. Sell them, buy the car, and enjoy life.
Old 02-09-2018, 06:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979-930 View Post
Stocks are boooring. Sell them, buy the car, and enjoy life.
this!...
1976 911S leaf green backdate 3.2
Old 02-09-2018, 06:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Monson View Post
Meh. It's a market correction. The big shyte won't hit for about a year when the effects of the tax cut and deficit spending come home to roost.
Sounds like something someone would say that's still contributing and not living off the portfolio!
(I don't list the cars I've sold, because they're gone)
Old 02-09-2018, 08:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYNick View Post
Sounds like something someone would say that's still contributing and not living off the portfolio!
Sounds like something someone with an economics degree would say.
I've got another 20 years to contribute to this thing. I'm not terribly concerned with what's happening today or what's going to happen the next year or two as our government's fiscal irresponsibility puts the brakes on the whole global economy.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 02-09-2018, 09:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Monson View Post
Sounds like something someone with an economics degree would say.
I've got another 20 years to contribute to this thing. I'm not terribly concerned with what's happening today or what's going to happen the next year or two as our government's fiscal irresponsibility puts the brakes on the whole global economy.
Treading dangerously close to PARF territory, but every new administration people predict the end, others say this is the new beginning.
This is the song that goes through my head every time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYMD_W_r3Fg
Old 02-09-2018, 10:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

Why wouldn't you offer the seller what you think it is worth and let him refuse? Make him a cash offer at your level of interest.

But

I would wait for a better example.........
Old 02-09-2018, 10:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ficke View Post
Treading dangerously close to PARF territory, but every new administration people predict the end, others say this is the new beginning.
This is the song that goes through my head every time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYMD_W_r3Fg
Meh. I have no interest in discussing the politics behind it. Iím just describing the economic situation as I see it.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 02-09-2018, 10:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: