Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 4-Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
SC A/C parts worth anything?

I have the basic SC AC parts that are no longer in my car. Are they worth selling? IE the compressor etc being that it can't be recharged or reused? Cleaning out the misc stuff we all have and didn't know if I should toss it or sell
Old 02-08-2018, 11:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
I’d list it. One mans trash is another mans treasure.
Old 02-08-2018, 03:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
The Mighty Pieholio

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvr2mny View Post
Id list it. One mans trash is another mans treasure.
The compressor mounting base/bracket assembly has to have value. Not sure what though.

Don't pitch it.
Old 02-08-2018, 03:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I have seen various parts going for some cash on ebay. P.I.T.A. to ship though since its so heavy.
'99 MX-5
7 bicycles and a Metro Card...
Old 02-08-2018, 03:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
devalued member

Garage
when I started the lightening of my 1st 911 I saved everything I took off it. except the AC, I tossed all that shat off the bat.
78SC PRC Spec911(sold 12/15) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7I6HCCKrVQ
Old 02-08-2018, 03:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
My other ride is a C-130J

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Kontak View Post
The compressor mounting base/bracket assembly has to have value. Not sure what though.

Don't pitch it.
Words of wisdom. When I was reinstalling the A/C in my car that was the hardest part to find. Personally I would crate and store the stuff. May come in handy later or you can include it should you ever sell your car.
Previously Owned Art from Stuttgart
2000 Boxster -1983 911 SC Cab -1984 944 N/A
Old 02-08-2018, 08:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Yes, worth a lot to a new buyer. I think your car would be worth more also if you had the AC parts . Sure, you don’t want that stuff now but we always sell our cars in the future.
Old 02-08-2018, 08:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
bennysc1

Yes, I would store the a/c stuff for a later time. It took me a year to find all the necessary brackets for my cat to re-install. The last bracket I found at the Heresy meet last year. Got lucky!!! Keep it !!!
Old 02-09-2018, 04:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

It's weird--I agree you'll want to keep the old stuff in a box for the next buyer, but the reality is that (besides the bracket) anyone truly interested in having working A/C in a 911 would be crazy to re-install it. The new stuff is the only way to go, unfortunately. I spent a ton of money on a complete Kuehl dual condenser (well, three, including a small one in the Turbo tail) system, and I now have A/C that rivals any new car. You'd never get that from the old tube-and-fin condensers/evaporators. As for the 10-pound York compressor? Anchors aweigh!
Old 02-09-2018, 01:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
There are restorers that want working York Compressors. That would be worth selling.
There is a post in the Turbo forum WTB for one right now.
Old 02-09-2018, 01:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

I don't understand the "keep it stock" crowd. There's also a guy in the FS forum looking for stock heat exchangers with thermal reactors for his 930..
Old 02-09-2018, 01:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

I think keeping the parts is wise unless the car is going to be heavily modded. I think it's nuts but there are people actually looking for the awful stock compressor of this vintage so they can be all original. Honestly it's the newbies mostly- and they are the collector-investor crowd. They know the part numbers and all that but no clue about the point of these cars. And I saw that ad too - for the 930 thermals. You gotta wonder. I can see buying them and sticking them in a box but obviously they either have no clue at all or no intention of driving it.
Old 02-09-2018, 05:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: