Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Iím looking fwd to Lorenzoís niche-parts-for-tightly-wound-enthusiasts enterprise... should be incredible.
Old 02-11-2018, 06:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Turbonut

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by maninblack View Post
I agree with everyone. Great products and nice guys. I've placed probably a dozen orders with them.

But the communication is often terrible. I always cut them some slack. My wife is from Eastern/Central Europe and I'm there often. This kind of service is the norm. It's just different over there.
I live in Eastern/Northern Europe and no, lack of/slow communication is not the norm, at least not in my country.
Old 02-11-2018, 08:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Garage
I have ordered several times from them and did have an issue once. They sent me the wrong decal. I emailed them and explained what happened the right sticker showed up a week later. I think as he stated they are doing their best to handle an increasing business. I would buy from them again
Old 02-12-2018, 04:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Garage
They just did steering wheel for me. I couldn’t be happier it has a factory finish. There was a slight delay in communication, but I had to remind myself I was dealing with a company in Poland. OP among others be a little patient with them. They are definitely on the up and up
Old 02-12-2018, 06:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

I've updated the title and removed the "HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE" title . They did get back to me, although more than two weeks after last contact. They were very apologetic and offered a discount for any future purchases. To those who feel I jumped the gun, perhaps I did a bit, but two weeks with no communication far exceeds any sort of reasonable wait time...I don't care what country you live in. But, they did send tracking info and it looks like the package has cleared customs and is en route.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Happy customer , I got slam panel decals for my 72S. online from them. Some time later I met him in person at Classics at the Castle Porsche Event in UK.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoH View Post
I've updated the title and removed the "HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE" title . They did get back to me, although more than two weeks after last contact. They were very apologetic and offered a discount for any future purchases. To those who feel I jumped the gun, perhaps I did a bit, but two weeks with no communication far exceeds any sort of reasonable wait time...I don't care what country you live in. But, they did send tracking info and it looks like the package has cleared customs and is en route.
Jumping the gun is one thing. Being rude is a bit different. I suspect the latter is what most reacted to.
Old 02-12-2018, 10:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddy Kilowatt View Post
Jumping the gun is one thing. Being rude is a bit different. I suspect the latter is what most reacted to.
I agree, and would add that while you have edited your original post, you didn't take out this bon mot:
Quote:
I'd suggest anyone thinking about giving these idiots your business think twice...
Old 02-12-2018, 11:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

I agree with others here. I get the frustration and I'm pro warning others for possible scams out there but next time, you might want to just ask for opinions here before opening the namecalling box.

As you see, plenty of people here who could have told you not to worry as Pawel and his copartners are stand up good guys...
Old 02-12-2018, 11:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Garage
Car one has been great ! I recommend them super nice people.
Old 02-12-2018, 01:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

How not to introduce yourself to the P Car community by LorenzoH
Old 02-12-2018, 02:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)
More cars than sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raceboy View Post
I live in Eastern/Northern Europe and no, lack of/slow communication is not the norm, at least not in my country.
Come with me to Slovakia, or the Czech Republic, or Ukraine, or Russia. Laughable compared to the U.S. or Western Europe. I've been going since '95 and it's barely improved over the last 2 decades.
Old 02-12-2018, 02:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Garage
Hmmmm looks like this rant has turned into a nice testimonial for Pawel & Car Bone, if one makes it past the initial thread title on a Google search. From checking out his Facebook he seems like a good guy and a true enthusiast. Glad to see the Pelicanites standing up for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 02-12-2018, 03:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

Garage
May I suggest boxers rather than briefs Lorenzo.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

Garage
I ordered some decals from them last fall. After waiting a few weeks and the tracking info never updating, I got in touch with them. They responded quickly and offered to re-send the merchandise if nothing showed up in a week. After a week, still nothing so they re-sent everything special delivery, which I received quickly. I mentioned that I was interested in getting R style stripes for my 911 and they offered to photoshop any photos I could send them. Sent them a few photos and never heard back.

A couple of weeks later, the decals showed up at my door step so I emailed them, asking if they'd like me to return them. Again, no response. Like someone else said, their responsiveness is hit and miss. I probably won't deal with them again; not worth the hassle.
Old 02-14-2018, 09:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)
83 911 Production Cab #10

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911T70 View Post
... A couple of weeks later, the decals showed up at my door step so I emailed them, asking if they'd like me to return them. Again, no response...
I'll take them...

83 911 Production Cab #10, Slightly Modified: Unslanted, 3.2, PMO EFI, TECgt, CE 911 CAM Sync / Pulley / Wires, SSI, Dansk Sport 2/2, 17" Euromeister, CKO GT3 Seats, Going SOK Super Charger
Old 02-14-2018, 03:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ 911SC View Post
I'll take them...
I don't think you need high voltage warning decals for your factory ignition coil, JJ... because you don't have a one! LOL!
Old 02-14-2018, 03:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)
83 911 Production Cab #10

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911T70 View Post
I don't think you need high voltage warning decals for your factory ignition coil, JJ... because you don't have a one! LOL!
I'll put it on my Electrical Panel...

83 911 Production Cab #10, Slightly Modified: Unslanted, 3.2, PMO EFI, TECgt, CE 911 CAM Sync / Pulley / Wires, SSI, Dansk Sport 2/2, 17" Euromeister, CKO GT3 Seats, Going SOK Super Charger
Old 02-14-2018, 03:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

Gotta stick up for Car bone.

They have always came through on my many orders.

Every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-14-2018, 03:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)

Garage
My CarBone order took 2 months to arrive, but Wojtek and Pawel were very kind thru the process and offered to reprint at no charge (It wasn't their fault - the shipping got stuck in customs).

At the end of the day, these guys make amazing quality stuff, and the breadth of what they do is amazing. Looking forward to the new website!
Old 02-14-2018, 04:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: