Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 4-Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialtyoneinc View Post
How not to introduce yourself to the P Car community by LorenzoH
Sorry you feel that way but I’m really not too concerned with how you receive me because I thought this Forum was about helping others, is it not? When I place an order and PAY EXTRA for expedited based on what a company’s website says...only then to be left out to dry for 2+weeks I get a little frustrated.
Perhaps you and others here are ok with type of service, I’m not. Especially when someone advertises 3-5 days worldwide for the extra shipping costs. Do they have a great product? Sure, but I think they need to be a bit more open and transparent about how long it takes to get said product. Because all I’ve read from the fanboys here is how great they are, and I seem to be the only person willing to voice my opinion and let people know that their communication is lacking and delivery times are not as advertised.

Oh, and while it was nice that they offered me a discount for a future purchase, I would have expected a refund for the expedited shipping I didn’t receive instead of some bounce back discount. But, I’m not one to ask for handouts.

Last edited by LorenzoH; 02-15-2018 at 12:11 PM..
Old 02-15-2018, 11:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoH View Post
Because all Ive read from the fanboys here is how great they are, and I seem to be the only person willing to voice my opinion and let people know that their communication is lacking and delivery times are not as advertised.
Have you actually read this thread?
Old 02-15-2018, 12:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)
gearhead

While it's not really clear from how they wrote it, that's the actual shipping time, not the processing time. They are using UPS Express Saver or similar service. The reason for the delay isn't the actual shipping. It's that they didn't process your order in a timely manner.

I'm not defending them. I've never done business with them. Just describing what I see, and you are justifiably upset regardless of the finer details.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 02-15-2018, 12:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

I think the “fanboys” took issue with the name calling and the manner that you expressed your opinion.
Old 02-15-2018, 01:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)
Turbonut

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by maninblack View Post
Come with me to Slovakia, or the Czech Republic, or Ukraine, or Russia. Laughable compared to the U.S. or Western Europe. I've been going since '95 and it's barely improved over the last 2 decades.
I have visited those countries several times each over the years and know what you mean.
I was talking about particularly Estonia where I come from and culturally close countries to it.
Old 02-17-2018, 11:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

I am currently trying to spend money with these guys but Wojtek has disappeared. Communication hasn't been that great and now its been a week since I was told a mock up is on the way. It's not super confidence inspiring! I still want to make it work but not feeling great about the experience so far.

Last edited by Ayles; 03-01-2018 at 09:45 AM..
Old 03-01-2018, 09:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

I hope all those people waiting for stickers were able to push through the unbearable wait.
Old 03-01-2018, 09:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)
Registered Minimalist

Garage
^lol

To be fair they have branched out and do a lot more now. I think they recover steering wheels and do interior projects.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/878569-born-75-me-my-new-911s.html
Old 03-01-2018, 09:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItzaMe View Post
I hope all those people waiting for stickers were able to push through the unbearable wait.
Yeah, it's nothing like the wait for a good car...
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 03-01-2018, 11:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Monson View Post
Lol.

Was gonna say, at least they've a car to put the stickers onto
Old 03-01-2018, 11:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Monson View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
Lol.

Was gonna say, at least they've a car to put the stickers onto
Was waiting for these ahaha

But for real, waiting on interior parts or steering wheel makes little more sense.
I hope these guys aren't getting pissed about stickers... like the car won't be ready for the car show or what.. Patience is a virtue.
Old 03-01-2018, 12:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
It's the Amazon world.
You have a company making NLA custom parts and people expect free two day delivery.
Old 03-01-2018, 01:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)

I’m definitely not looking for instant. But, in the Amazon world you are going to need to be at the very least responsive and follow through.
Old 03-01-2018, 01:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)

Garage
The carbone guys are here in LA rite now, was supposed to attend a meet with them last night after going to the peterson museum but i didn't make the meet part.

So the guys saying they can't get a hold of them past 2 days its because they are traveling .

PS: If anyone is in LA, definitely go visit the Porsche exhibit at the Peterson Museum, it was fantastic!
Old 03-01-2018, 08:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)

A lot of people in the US forget to factor in the Customs delay when purchasing from an international source.
Even if product is shipped promptly, customs can hold on to an item seemingly indefinitely and have no one to answer for it. I used to ship parts from Canada to the US and they could be delayed at U.S. Customs for anywhere from two days to two months. No explanation. Buyers would get frustrated with me and all I could do was to point them to U. S. Customs.
Old 03-02-2018, 07:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979-930 View Post
It's the Amazon world.
You have a company making NLA custom parts and people expect free two day delivery.
Going to agree 100% with you. Nevermind parts are coming from Poland.

Thank you for remind it to me. Im guilty of forgetting it
Old 03-03-2018, 04:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)

Quote:
It's the Amazon world.
Where do you see anyone here asking for free two day delivery?

I see people asking for a simple reply to an email. Is it that hard?
They posted on IG 4 hours ago so clearly their phones work in the states.
Old 03-03-2018, 08:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)

Garage
Sometime in business you have this kind of nightmare customer like this guy the OP you have to deal with, this guy has 0 issues taking food off someones table leaving them such a terrible review with a thread title like this that will show up on google when people search them (and not giving them the chance to make it right first) Even after they made it right you are still talking garbage about them..running around typing on every forum how bad they are..what a .....
Old 03-03-2018, 08:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
I placed an order for several decals 4/13/18.
Received e-mail order was ready and being shipped 4/20/18.
Order Arrived 5/3/18.

I think that's pretty awesome for NLA decals!
Old 05-04-2018, 06:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)
gearhead

Quote:
I placed an order for several decals 4/13/18.
Received e-mail order was ready and being shipped 4/20/18.
Order Arrived 5/3/18.

I think that's pretty awesome for NLA decals!
Youd wait longer than that to get an lsd from me.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 05-04-2018, 07:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: