Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Worst Porsche Ads Ever?

This may not be the winner, but it is currently the leader in the clubhouse:

1999 Porsche Boxster for sale, low mileage

Quote:
I am selling my 1999 Porsche Boxster. it has 50,173 miles and has been kept in my garage.
That is it. Nothing else.

Two pictures, both of the same side of the car -- both posted upside down.

Jesus wept.

Old 02-20-2018, 07:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Yeah, just saw that one. It seems like there are more and more sellers that do not include an asking price these days...
Old 02-20-2018, 09:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

If it's real, at least it's honest and to the point.
Old 02-21-2018, 03:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Interesting that the email address is for a real estate listing service. You would think if anyone would be able to put together a nice looking add it would be them.

Here is an extract from the bio of the seller

My real estate career allows me to employ the latest technology in graphics, social media, video editing and photography.

With today’s mobile technology, I am able to bring your property to the desktop or mobile device of people searching for their next home.

....yup
Old 02-21-2018, 05:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
I saw that too. I said to my Son "this is bad, but it will probably sell sooner than one that has a really good ad!" ...

It reminds me of way back when I bought a 1978 930 out of Panorama (before the Internet grew to what it is today). At the time I asked the seller for photos, but the seller did not have any (he was two States away). I asked him if he could perhaps take some - and mail them to me. But... He said he did not have a camera... So I asked him if he would take some photos with a disposable camera (available anywhere) and send them to me. He said no. So I asked if he would take some photos with a disposable camera that I would mail him - then send me the photos. He thought about it, then said that he would take photos with the camera I sent, but that he would not develop them. So... I finally asked that if I sent him a camera ~ if he would use it, then stick it in a pre-paid envelope that I would provide, and send it back so I could develop them. He said yes.

Thats how it went down. I got the camera back after a week & a half and developed some awful photos. But they were jussssst enough for me to decide to put the time in & drive over 12 hours to buy the car.

Those were the days 'eh?

We can never say its bad today when it used to be really bad then.

Last edited by MichaelB; 02-21-2018 at 07:14 AM..
Old 02-21-2018, 07:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB View Post
I saw that too. I said to my Son "this is bad, but it will probably sell sooner than one that has a really good ad!" ...

It reminds me of way back when I bought a 1978 930 out of Panorama (before the Internet grew to what it is today). At the time I asked the seller for photos, but the seller did not have any (he was two States away). I asked him if he could perhaps take some - and mail them to me. But... He said he did not have a camera... So I asked him if he would take some photos with a disposable camera (available anywhere) and send them to me. He said no. So I asked if he would take some photos with a disposable camera that I would mail him - then send me the photos. He thought about it, then said that he would take photos with the camera I sent, but that he would not develop them. So... I finally asked that if I sent him a camera ~ if he would use it, then stick it in a pre-paid envelope that I would provide, and send it back so I could develop them. He said yes.

Thats how it went down. I got the camera back after a week & a half and developed some awful photos. But they were jussssst enough for me to decide to put the time in & drive over 12 hours to buy the car.

Those were the days 'eh?

That is a great story! How is(was) the car?
Old 02-21-2018, 07:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks Reddy.

Car ended up epic. Over on Rennlist it had quite the following (known as "Big Bad"). At the time I was co-owner/builder at ImagineAuto and we had built that 3.3 up to a then outrageous 441HP. The car became nearly legendary. It was some of the best times in my Porsche history. Really enjoyed it.

To this day I am glad that I sent the disposable camera!
Old 02-21-2018, 09:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

^Now I like the story even more. Thanks for the pic and the update.
Old 02-21-2018, 09:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Thanks Reddy.

At the time I was co-owner/builder at ImagineAuto
Nice build and installed in a lightened 88 930. Always wanted a 993 twin turbo but not the AWD and electronics stuff. Don't have much history as the owner consigned it to auction many years ago and not able to contact him.

Old 02-21-2018, 10:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
I saw this previously somewhere on here and thought to myself: "self, how awesome is that?"

Enjoy it.
Old 02-21-2018, 01:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:

Those were the days 'eh?

Sometimes a deal can be had with someone who is too surly to put any effort into selling his car.
Old 02-21-2018, 07:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
New nominee:

https://houston.craigslist.org/cto/d/1999-classic-porsche/6601287329.html

Quote:
CLASSIC BOXSTER PORSCHE 1999 WITH MANUAL AND AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION WITH PORSCHE ORIGINAL V-6 . BEAUTIFUL IMMACULATE CONDITION LEATHER INTERIOR AND CONVERTIBLE TOP, AND IMMACULATE BODY WITH AC,PS,PB, WITH 93,000 ORIGINAL MILES CALL BRUCE
Bruce says the car is brown. Looks Arena Red. Asking $22000.

But that is a bargain for the super-rare V-6 twin-transmission Boxster in hard to find brown.
Old 05-28-2018, 12:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

In my best Rod Serling....

Submitted for your consideration....

https://stillwater.craigslist.org/cto/d/2003-porsche-boxster-83k/6601438402.html

Wonder if he got that sheepskin?
Old 05-28-2018, 12:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

How about this winner?
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/red-deer/porche-boxter/1350258160?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
"PORCHE BOXTER..JAMES DEAN GLOSS SILVER MINT CONDITION..IN LINE 6 MOTOR 68500 KMS..BLACK.. INTERIOR..GARAGE ALWAYS...ALL HWY ..MOSTLY..."

They really know a lot about the car.

previous Pcars
'00 Boxster S;'95 993 Polar Silver/Chestnut;'08 Cayman S;'70 911E
Old 05-28-2018, 04:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: