Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

15k miles '76 930

Crazy low mileage if correct. Looks like it might have a repaint.

https://tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/d/1976-porsche-911-turbo-carrera/6511425625.html

Last edited by kc911s; 02-26-2018 at 05:50 PM..
Old 02-26-2018, 05:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

PLEASE.......REMOVE.....THAT.....BRA...IMMEDIATELY ...WITH....EXTREME...PREJUDICE...

Man, very nice car no matter. Dig the color as well...
Old 02-26-2018, 06:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Yeah. That yellow is tits $$$
Old 02-26-2018, 06:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Love it..........
Old 02-26-2018, 06:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Nice car but no documentation
Phil
Old 02-27-2018, 06:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
Craigslist. Really?
That car belongs in a RM Sotheby's or Gooding Auction. It will make the cut.
Could even match that metallic yellow car from a few years ago. I think $225k was the final.

Maybe I'll flip it.
Old 02-27-2018, 06:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979-930 View Post
Craigslist. Really?
That car belongs in a RM Sotheby's or Gooding Auction. It will make the cut.
Could even match that metallic yellow car from a few years ago. I think $225k was the final.

Maybe I'll flip it.
Imma start calling you ItzaD
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 02-27-2018, 07:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Knock knock!
Who is there?
ItzaD!
ItzaD who?
ItzaDez Nuts!!
Old 02-27-2018, 08:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Something is off or the seller has no idea how to sell a rare collectable car.
Old 02-27-2018, 08:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialtyoneinc View Post
The seller probably knows in the ballpark what it's worth. They probably figure that since they paid less than $35K for it sometime during their lifetime it's now time to pass it on and make $100K. Probably hopes someone REAL shows up and gives them $150K and it goes away. There is something to be said to sell a car on one's own and avoiding BaT, eBay, and the major auction houses. It's tiring to sell something - especially cars to tirekickers. It's probably real - and craigslist is free (and free of any fees).

Last edited by SalParadise; 02-27-2018 at 10:05 AM..
Old 02-27-2018, 10:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialtyoneinc View Post
The seller puts up a few photos with a $160k asking price and you think he has no idea what the car is worth? For all we know that car may need a rebuild, have a bad gear, interior pics are not that clear...heck all the photos are not that great. No undercarriage shots...I think the seller is well aware of what the car is worth. It's not 2015-16 anymore, if you haven't noticed the market is not what is used to be.
Old 02-27-2018, 02:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
seeker of wisdom

Badge on the back is not correct, should read turbo Carrera and that turbo badge looks like it is off of a later model car. Also wonder what that sticker junk is on the drivers door jam. Seats look like they have more then 15K.
If it was correct/legit would still bring more money then they are asking regardless of the "market". Truly documented rare low miles cars wouldn't be listed like this, many don't even make it to big auction houses and are just traded between private hands.
Anyone call the guy to sniff it out - surely some of you big money folks have reached out?
Old 02-27-2018, 02:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
^^^ A lot of assumptions going on guys.
Mr. Specialty said nothing about the owner not knowing what it's worth. He just said the guy doesn't know how to sell a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJK78-951 View Post
Badge on the back is not correct, should read turbo Carrera and that turbo badge looks like it is off of a later model car. ?
I did not notice that the first time. Interesting.

Last edited by 1979-930; 02-27-2018 at 02:53 PM..
Old 02-27-2018, 02:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Badge on the back is not correct, should read turbo Carrera and that turbo badge looks like it is off of a later model car.
That is why I mentioned it might be a repaint when I posted the car. A lot of times that's how they go back on during reassembly.
Old 02-27-2018, 03:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Badge on the back is not correct, should read turbo Carrera and that turbo badge looks like it is off of a later model car. Also wonder what that sticker junk is on the drivers door jam. Seats look like they have more then 15K.
If it was correct/legit would still bring more money then they are asking regardless of the "market". Truly documented rare low miles cars wouldn't be listed like this, many don't even make it to big auction houses and are just traded between private hands.
Anyone call the guy to sniff it out - surely some of you big money folks have reached out?
At one time, that's where they put oil change stickers. that's what I'm thinking..but I'm old
Old 02-27-2018, 03:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalParadise View Post
The seller probably knows in the ballpark what it's worth. They probably figure that since they paid less than $35K for it sometime during their lifetime it's now time to pass it on and make $100K. Probably hopes someone REAL shows up and gives them $150K and it goes away. There is something to be said to sell a car on one's own and avoiding BaT, eBay, and the major auction houses. It's tiring to sell something - especially cars to tirekickers. It's probably real - and craigslist is free (and free of any fees).
This is how I read it. Same way I read that modded 930 here in Colorado. Some sellers are perfectly happy to drop a car on CL and get a flipper dealer to come buy the car with some meat on the bone. When you are pocketing $100k, sometimes working it for another $10-15k just isn't worth your while.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 02-27-2018, 03:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
^^^ I couldn't imagine setting at an auction with a $150k car wondering if your going to get $110k or $150k. It would give me an anxiety attack. I get worked up enough when I have to buy equipment at auctions.

On the flip side selling equipment is easy. When I'm done with it I am praying anyone bids on it. I don't want to drag that POS back.
Old 02-27-2018, 03:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalParadise View Post
I just don't see any dealer or buyer just showing up and buying a $150k car without doing any due diligence. Providing all the information upfront in your classified seems like a way better way to save time and avoid tire kickers. Anyone interested buying this car is most likely going to request history, maintenance, & tons of pictures before they travel to see it.
Old 02-27-2018, 03:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc911s View Post
That is why I mentioned it might be a repaint when I posted the car. A lot of times that's how they go back on during reassembly.
The 3rd picture clearly shows the decklid color does not match both fenders
Old 02-27-2018, 04:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

^^^ I don't know that it's all that clear. Look, for example, at the second photo, where a portion of the quarter appears the very same as the engine cover. It's entirely possible that what you're seeing in the third photo is a shadow cast by the tail.

_
Old 02-27-2018, 05:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: