Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
shh-the robot is sleeping

I think many are frustrated with the vast numbers of poorly documented headaches out there, and rightly so. When the real deal comes along and is verified, it is more valuable.
Old 03-23-2018, 05:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
I guess 75,000 miles is low for an SC. They seem to get driven more.
On the other hand 84,000 miles on my Turbo is high in the Porsche world that I don't seem to fit into.
I'm shooting for 200,000miles.
Old 03-23-2018, 07:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

Garage
I was somewhat impressed by this car's story. A zero issue, well maintained, somewhat 'known' SC with low miles by a reputable owner spells $. Some people don't want a project, or a car with issues. They just want a great car and are clearly willing to pay for it. Well Sold.
(I don't list the cars I've sold, because they're gone)
Old 03-23-2018, 08:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

I'm the guy who bought that 82 911SC on BAT.

I knew at the time I was spending more than I would have liked but I also knew I was getting a very well cared for (and well documented car) with history and in great condition. These cars haven't been going down in value and this example is miles ahead of the cars I've looked at for less money. Of course the car isn't perfect but I'm content finding an original, not messed with & gorgeous 911.

I picked it up a couple weeks ago, drove it 2000 miles home and l have to say I am beyond impressed with it. No regrets there. Certainly there are cars out there for less money but this checked all mY boxes.

Last edited by spenser56; 05-16-2018 at 06:42 PM.. Reason: Removed unnecessary comment.
Old 05-16-2018, 03:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)
Kind of Blue

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by spenser56 View Post

I knew at the time I was spending more than I would have liked but I also knew I was getting a very well cared for (and well documented car) with history and in great condition. These cars haven't been going down in value and this example is miles ahead of the cars I've looked at for less money. Of course the car isn't perfect but I'm content finding an original, not messed with & gorgeous 911.

I picked it up a couple weeks ago, drove it 2000 miles home and l have to say I am beyond impressed with it. No regrets there. Certainly there are cars out there for less money but this checked all my boxes.

Certainly helps that I can afford it
Congratulations and I hope you enjoy it. They're special cars.
Old 05-16-2018, 04:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:

I picked it up a couple weeks ago, drove it 2000 miles home and l have to say I am beyond impressed with it. No regrets there. Certainly there are cars out there for less money but this checked all my boxes.

Smart money spending it upfront and not after the purchase for repairs, well bought.
congrats!
Old 05-16-2018, 05:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

shh-the robot is sleeping

Quote:

Bravo! More like you please. Thatís an enthusiast. So much of the drama in the marketplace discussion is ruted in people stretching their resources too much.
Old 05-16-2018, 06:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: