Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Good luck with this, getting past the seller’s MSJ is the easy part. Proving fraud is much more difficult, it’ll be an uphill battle proving such. It’ll be time consuming and costly. You’ll learn how ineffective, inefficient and unjust the US legal system can and most likely will be. Hopefully you can use the lawsuit effectively as leverage to initiate a settlement with the seller, cause anything shy of that and you’re wasting your resources. Even if you get a judgment, those can be quite difficult to collect on, or take just as long if not longer. Our civil justice system is weak and ineffective for the victims. It’s not designed for justice, which you’ll eventually figure out for yourself. So you will need all the luck you can get.
Old 07-27-2018, 11:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #101 (permalink)

Garage
If you need further advice I’d recommend contacting attorney John Draneus (‘Legal Files’ columnist) through SportsCar Market magazine (hopefully he doesn’t mind the mention).
Old 07-27-2018, 12:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #102 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarek307 View Post
Post the link to the BAT ad so we can know who the seller is- If your claims are 100% sure & true you should post the sellers information and name, not just the document, so that people can avoid them or find them in a google search-

Unfortunately there are many sellers like this that take advantage of European buyers, and especially when you are dealing with a private owner not an actual business you will have a very hard time getting any recourse.
Thanks for support. I'm not really looking for personal retribution by outing the particular seller, more I'm thinking that the post may be useful in general to other buyers, who find themselves in the same position as me ie ending up with a turkey when they were promised a bird of paradise and how to go about redressing that fact if the seller won't do the honourable thing, without spending a fortune.

1965 911 engine 901851 & transmission 101666
Old 07-27-2018, 12:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #103 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnivore View Post
If you need further advice I’d recommend contacting attorney John Draneus (‘Legal Files’ columnist) through SportsCar Market magazine (hopefully he doesn’t mind the mention).
John Draneas's practice (Draneas & Huglin, if that's the guy you mean) is one of the groups of attorneys hired by the defendant to try and defeat my complaint.................

1965 911 engine 901851 & transmission 101666
Old 07-27-2018, 12:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #104 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtogo View Post
John Draneas's practice (Draneas & Huglin, if that's the guy you mean) is one of the groups of attorneys hired by the defendant to try and defeat my complaint.................
Probably should not call him then Good luck with your case I hope you get compensation. It really sucks that people are less than honest when selling expensive cars.
Old 07-27-2018, 01:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #105 (permalink)

Garage
“Better the devil you know!”
Old 07-27-2018, 01:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #106 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarek307 View Post
Post the link to the BAT ad so we can know who the seller is- If your claims are 100% sure & true you should post the sellers information and name, not just the document, so that people can avoid them or find them in a google search-

Unfortunately there are many sellers like this that take advantage of European buyers, and especially when you are dealing with a private owner not an actual business you will have a very hard time getting any recourse.
It's all over the thread.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1971-porsche-911s/

OP can you post some pictures of the damage now? I wish you the best, but right now it's a "he said she said" case without any evidence.

Last edited by specialtyoneinc; 07-27-2018 at 04:07 PM..
Old 07-27-2018, 03:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #107 (permalink)

While it’s hard to argue that a buyer should have done their due diligence on a purchase I also think a seller should be banned from ever selling a car after misrepresenting it to that level.

There’s a saying, what goes around comes around.

2011 Boxster Spyder, Sport Buckets, MT, Full Leather, PSE
1990 964 C2 Targa, MT, Stone Grey, Cashmer
Old 07-27-2018, 07:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #108 (permalink)
Functionista

Horeee cow!

There are far to many shenanigans possible when buying a restored car. The preserved ones are best, warts and all.
74 911, #3
I do not disbelieve in anything. I start from the premise that everything is true until proved false. Everything is possible.
Old 07-27-2018, 09:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #109 (permalink)
Just came across this after reading the post tonight
Old 07-27-2018, 09:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #110 (permalink)

Garage
Here is the seller's BAT profile.
https://bringatrailer.com/member/maseratisd/

Post a warning any new auction, link to this thread, etc.
Old 07-28-2018, 08:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #111 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: