Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

****I don't know why anyone would continue to dignify this thread with comment****

I am removing all of mine. This has got to be the worst thread I have ever seen on here. I'm out.

Last edited by SalParadise; 04-16-2018 at 03:46 AM..
Old 04-16-2018, 03:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #81 (permalink)

Garage
Enough
(I don't list the cars I've sold, because they're gone)
Old 04-16-2018, 04:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #82 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crb07 View Post
Still not clear on timeline, as asked a few times above.
What date was the car stolen?

Main lesson here is get a police report as soon as it is stolen.
I am not an attorney but something worth 20k is worth a civil suit. I doubt the guy currently in possession wants a civil case for stolen property. Should not be difficult to get witnesses to confirm your version of what happened. Would love for this guy to explain his side.
The Police in the small town it was taken from didnt want to file a police report on a racecar, stolen Jan 2013, Attempted Report 04/2013
Old 04-16-2018, 04:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg567 View Post
Sounds like you never legally owned it if you didn’t title it?
Were talking about a racecar, bill of sale, sign over title, built race car, go racing.
Registered with SCCA, PCA Clubracing,SVRA thats it. Just because I didnt title a rust bucket, doesnt mean I didnt own it
Old 04-16-2018, 05:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #84 (permalink)
gearhead

https://goo.gl/images/nDpq58
2008 Cayman S Mule

Last edited by Matt Monson; 04-16-2018 at 08:31 AM..
Old 04-16-2018, 05:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS935 View Post
How is it that if this car was stolen from you, that you felt the need to offer to purchase it back from the supposed thief?!? That defies logic. Please explain that one.
The guy that has it DIDNT steal it, niether did Drew.
I didnt think it right to report it stolen then try to get it back.
At the time I could afford to buy it and go after the guy that took it.
Old 04-16-2018, 05:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #86 (permalink)
USAF VET

Garage
Mods: OT?

MattR
Old 04-16-2018, 05:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #87 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjay View Post
Were talking about a racecar, bill of sale, sign over title, built race car, go racing.
Registered with SCCA, PCA Clubracing,SVRA thats it. Just because I didnt title a rust bucket, doesnt mean I didnt own it

+1---If you never titled it, you never owned it! Registering with SCCA, PCA Clubracing,SVRA has everything to do with racing it and entering it in competition, it has NOTHING to do with legally owning it---those are two separate and distinct issue, you can't blur the line on a issue that's black or white

1967 912 Coupe
1985 911 Carrera
1967 MGB GT
Old 04-16-2018, 06:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #88 (permalink)
devalued member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjay View Post
Stolen 12/2013
First attempt to report 04/2013
It was a junk yard dog racecar, did you look closely at the pics?
If I had attempted to insure it, I probably would have been arrested
so, you reported it 8 months before it was actually stolen?

also, the "punt you off the track for holding me up"? prolly a good thing you no longer have a race car! i for one as a former club racer would not want to share a track with someone with that attitude, and i can't imagine any club that would tolerate it. all Christianity church going aside.

sal, report the homophobia and name calling by racecarlessjay and i suppose he can head his ass back to RL or the 356 registry where he's more "understood".
78SC PRC Spec911(sold 12/15) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7I6HCCKrVQ
Old 04-16-2018, 07:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #89 (permalink)
devalued member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt930s View Post
Mods: OT?

MattR

i thought we had no mods here matt?
78SC PRC Spec911(sold 12/15) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7I6HCCKrVQ
Old 04-16-2018, 07:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #90 (permalink)
USAF VET

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanbenae View Post
i thought we had no mods here matt?
Lol...Black993 sees all...

MattR
Old 04-16-2018, 07:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #91 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
. . .
Nothing against the other boards, but the folks here are top notch (except maybe pnutz and deez)...

MattR
I take great offence to being left off your list of non-topnotchers, Phatt; totally uncool, bro!
Old 04-16-2018, 08:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #92 (permalink)
gearhead

Quote:
Lol...Black993 sees all...

MattR
Only if you report something...
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 04-16-2018, 08:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #93 (permalink)
non-whiner

I can’t believe this thread is still alive. A true cluster fuch.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #94 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
Quote:
Nothing against the other boards, but the folks here are top notch (except maybe pnutz and deez)...

MattR

You realize I have feelings? Don't you?
Old 04-16-2018, 08:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #95 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979-930 View Post
Is that your way of soliciting a hug, Deez - perhaps even a group hug (not that there's anything wrong with that)?!
Old 04-16-2018, 08:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #96 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamik View Post
Rough crowd. I get that the details are lacking and some of the info is disjointed, but the guy had his 356 track car stolen and doesn’t deserve to get flamed. Jay appears to be a credible guy who had a P-car shop in FL for some time.
Thanks for being one of the few who is willing to at least hear me out. Instead of trashing me.
(2) At the time I was moving to Fla. Jan 2013, and in the middle of my second moving trip, I noticed it was missing from my storage lot. I tried to report it on my last trip to Fla. April 2013, but the local Police, and the Mass State police wouldn't report it. Because of the delay, and it was an unregistered racecar.
Life had to go on, so I kept up the moving, hoping to get on with my life, and get over it. I was pretty sure who took it but couldnt prove it. I figured the worst, parted out and the tub was god knows where.
A few years later, my son stumbled across an ad for it online, so a pursuit was started in earnest. In the ad, Drew stated in the ad he was trying to get info on me and the car, I am easy to find, so that point confuses me. If we had connected this would have been put to bed a long time ago.
Now that the current person whom has it, wont return calls, hasnt in over a year, I am getting aggressive. I hope this answers more question than it raises. I tried this same thing on Pelican Parts BBS and got tore a new one (hostile bunch).

So, any real help would be appreciated, Jay Putnam
Copied from Rennlist, where people have manners.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #97 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crb07 View Post
When was the car stolen from you?
Is it titled?
Any idea how many people possessed the car before BMW guy ended up with it?
(2) At the time I was moving to Fla. Jan 2013, and in the middle of my second moving trip, I noticed it was missing from my storage lot. I tried to report it on my last trip to Fla. April 2013, but the local Police, and the Mass State police wouldn't report it. Because of the delay, and it was an unregistered racecar.
Life had to go on, so I kept up the moving, hoping to get on with my life, and get over it. I was pretty sure who took it but couldnt prove it. I figured the worst, parted out and the tub was god knows where.
A few years later, my son stumbled across an ad for it online, so a pursuit was started in earnest. In the ad, Drew stated in the ad he was trying to get info on me and the car, I am easy to find, so that point confuses me. If we had connected this would have been put to bed a long time ago.
Now that the current person whom has it, wont return calls, hasnt in over a year, I am getting aggressive. I hope this answers more question than it raises. I tried this same thing on Pelican Parts BBS and got tore a new one (hostile bunch).

So, any real help would be appreciated, Jay Putnam
Copied from the Rennlist website, where they have manners.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #98 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalParadise View Post
****I don't know why anyone would continue to dignify this thread with comment****

I am removing all of mine. This has got to be the worst thread I have ever seen on here. I'm out.
Wont miss you a bit.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #99 (permalink)
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979-930 View Post
It's like grade school. He's picking on the girls he has a crush on.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 04-16-2018, 09:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #100 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: