Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

1977 911S Project - Roller

1977 Porsche 911S

I am not sure what the value of the car would be? It is an American car, that is in Canada. Not far from the boarder. I can provide more pictures at request.

It has a lot of parts that would help towards the building of a PCA E class race car.

- has a "sun roof delete" roof skin professionally installed after I started to remove it myself.
- Bilstein struts w/raised 19 mm spindles. set of 22/30 torsion bars
- Also have a set of 24/36 Sanders Engineering torsion bars
- very large Charlie bars or similar make of sway bars
- Rebel Racing mono balls for the trailing arms.
- Rebel Racing front bushing set
- rubber undercoating removed and painted with Por 15
- Rubber coating on the inside removed and painted with Por 15
- Elephant Racing rear strut tower brace welded in
- Safety Devices "bolt in" cage. This is for sunroof style cars. Perhaps not the best choice.
- new gas tank
- fiberglass front fenders (OK condition). I dont think I would use them.
- I also have fiberglass 930 style older fenders and rear fiberglass flares
- fiberglass hood - fair condition
- fiberglass front bumper (less than OK condition)
- Kinesis K10's - excellent condition
- replated and rebuild Carrera front Calipers
- replated and rebuilt mid year/SC rear calipers
- new rotors
- professionally cleaned oil tank
- Elepant Racing center mount cooler - new and never installed
- new master cylinder (not installed)
- Carrera flares - decent, not perfect, I would use them for a race car buuild

Old 05-09-2018, 12:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
I'd be interested in the Rennline bits at the front of the car if you'd be willing to part with them ?
Old 05-09-2018, 02:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered Minimalist

Garage
Clean title? 7k for a fast sale. 15k if you drag all the parts out and hang them on the car. Easier for people to see the potential that way imho. Unfortunately there's debate about POR15 being a really poor *(heh) choice for undercoating going on right now in the tech forum. So...going to hurt the sale locally (pelican)

What I like:

The Roof, the brakes, the suspension bits, the little extras here and there. You were headed in the right direction. I might sell the cage and wheels as I don't think you're going to recoupe those bits, in fact, now that I think about it, I might sell the tub / harness separate and then part the rest out. You can get close to what you paid in the parts that way.

Good luck!

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/878569-born-75-me-my-new-911s.html
Old 05-09-2018, 02:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75 911s View Post
Clean title? 7k for a fast sale. 15k if you drag all the parts out and hang them on the car. Easier for people to see the potential that way imho. Unfortunately there's debate about POR15 being a really poor *(heh) choice for undercoating going on right now in the tech forum. So...going to hurt the sale locally (pelican)

What I like:

The Roof, the brakes, the suspension bits, the little extras here and there. You were headed in the right direction. I might sell the cage and wheels as I don't think you're going to recoupe those bits, in fact, now that I think about it, I might sell the tub / harness separate and then part the rest out. You can get close to what you paid in the parts that way.

Good luck!
I think that pricing is a little optimistic. I just sold a 74, that was way more complete, it only brought $7000 on ebay, and it had a partial engine.

---Adam

356 Registry 17369
Early 911S Registry
912 Registry, PCA
Old 05-09-2018, 04:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Seven thousand!!? That car needs a floor! Prices have gone nuts.
Old 05-09-2018, 05:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
gearhead

You'd be lucky to get $7k for that.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 05-10-2018, 06:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
what side are the Kinesis K10's? any interest in possibly selling them?
Old 05-10-2018, 07:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Both these projects are a thing of nightmares. If I had dreamed about either one of these cars I would have woken up and never gone back to bed. Both are out of a HP Lovecraft or Stephen King novel. I cannot wrap my head around people not valuing their time on this earth.

My car has no rust at all on the floors, almost everything intact and the amount of time, money, and general know-how that goes into bringing something back is astounding. My car is much, much better than these, was less money (in 2012), but knowing now what I know, I would have saved my money...
Old 05-10-2018, 08:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered Minimalist

Garage
He's got 5k in parts plus a tub if he's lazy. That's an easy 7k in my book. Now if he works a bit, hangs the good fenders on, takes some good pics, I really think it's a decent project car. Lot of young guys out there have a few dollars saved -enough to get a roller and would rather leverage time. As we get older, of course, time is way more valuable, unless you find it cathartic and recreational to work on these cars -like I happen to.

It's tough to get into an air cooled 911 these days, and it's getting harder by the day. To get into a roller with some cool bits for under 12k and you've done good imho. He didn't mention it, but maybe he has the full interior and a lot more parts. Could be a subie conversion or other and you got a runner for low 20's or less if you play your cards right. GLWS

I also think Adam's car is not directly comparable. That car is a rust bucket. The OP's car is clean as far as I can see. Much better core tub to start with.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/878569-born-75-me-my-new-911s.html
Old 05-10-2018, 12:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Thanks for replies. Very helpful.

This is a rust free car. I have pictures of the floors when stripped and it has a clean title.

I could weld the fenders on and even get it painted or primed. Not sure there would be much value in doing it? This is a very light weight tub. Almost all of the factory undercoating has been removed and replaced with Por 15. It would make a great start to an E class car.

Or...do I sell the parts separately?
Old 05-10-2018, 01:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesjedi View Post

This is a rust free car. I have pictures of the floors when stripped and it has a clean title.

I could weld the fenders on and even get it painted or primed. Not sure there would be much value in doing it? This is a very light weight tub. Almost all of the factory undercoating has been removed and replaced with Por 15. It would make a great start to an E class car.

Stage it a little better and list it for $15k and it will sell....fast
Old 05-10-2018, 01:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
the E car race group is slowly dying, every year there are less and less racers not to mention hardly and new cars are coming out of the woodworks. You can buy a spec boxster for less than a decent stock sc. hell most 996 cup cars would be the same cost as mid pack E spec car.
I would separate all the parts and sell the car as a tub.
Old 05-10-2018, 02:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75 911s View Post

I also think Adam's car is not directly comparable. That car is a rust bucket. The OP's car is clean as far as I can see. Much better core tub to start with.
You're right here. Dealing with that floor on that '74 is major. I sold my '74 that was better than Adams but not much better years ago. The floor was way too much work. 911s are going the way of 356s though. An early rookie card '74 is going to be desirable. People getting in now will probably be happy in 10-15 years.
Old 05-10-2018, 02:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350 SIX View Post
Stage it a little better and list it for $15k and it will sell....fast
No way. It's a roller. It has no engine. It has no transmission. I've seen better rollers for $12K.
Old 05-10-2018, 02:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Registered Ass-hat

Garage
Quote:

Won't work for an E class car. They cost about $100k to build, but can be bought fully prepped with low miles for $40k.

It will however work as the base for a PRC Spec 911. I'd bet JWE would give you $7-10k for that car landed at their door on a set of rollers. So sell the Kinesis separately and that pays for the shipping.
Old 05-10-2018, 02:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

There are many E class cars that cost no where near $100 000.
Old 05-10-2018, 02:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Registered Minimalist

Garage
Actually a nice candidate for a backdate. Clean dry body ready to mod to a long-nose.

Old 05-10-2018, 02:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Registered Ass-hat

Garage
Quote:
There are many E class cars that cost no where near $100 000.
True, but when race car drivers talk about race car costs it typically is reserved to the cost of campaigning a properly-built competitive (podium) car. You can grid a back-marker for $50k, but that's just a rolling chicane for the actual "E" cars.
Old 05-10-2018, 02:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Garage
Agree- class leading cars are huge money,
Call a company like accumotto and ask them to build you one, it adds up quick
Old 05-10-2018, 04:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
gearhead

E isn't dying. Accumoto is still building 2-3 of them a year and hauling several trailers full of them to the national races and their local stuff. There's a dozen shops playing in that pool. What it has become is a pay to play class. Find the right guy looking for a tub to build and you can get your $9-10k. You will need to advertise it the right place. Pelican isn't that place.

As for why my price is so low? Because Canada. People rhink it is difficult and a hassle. $2k is the discount rate for getting the car down and legal in the states. You say it is an American car in Canada? US title in your name or would the buyer need to be cool with jumping title? You want to get that last $2k it needs to be on our side of the border at a minimum. I personally care less about the title, and doubly so on a racecar. My 67 went through 2 owners with an open CA pink slip before i put it in my name. It cane from the infamous Wyoming hoard, and he never did paperwork on it after he bought it. It might have been open ten years.

Pull the nice trinkets, including the wheels, and sell them before you list it. Fenders and things required to make it whole keep with it.
2008 Cayman S Mule

Last edited by Matt Monson; 05-10-2018 at 06:38 PM..
Old 05-10-2018, 06:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: