Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.33 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
More cars than sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItzaMe View Post
I'll send you a PM. Maybe something down the line if I decide to leave Cleveland
People still live in Cleveland?

Kidding.

Well, kind of kidding.
Old 05-25-2018, 02:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)
More cars than sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Monson View Post
Slumming on the old diy pcar forum with the working class.
Where I've been for 15 years, Matt. Longer than you and 90% of everyone else posting in this thread.

Maybe I'm not slumming with you as much as you're social climbing wih me?

Last edited by maninblack; 05-25-2018 at 02:53 PM..
Old 05-25-2018, 02:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by maninblack View Post
Where I've been for 15 years, Matt. Longer than you and 90% of everyone else posting in this thread.

Maybe I'm not slumming with you as much as you're social climbng wih me?
And now we've warped into the pecking order of a ricer forum, by measuring join dates. Perhaps you are familiar with a username MRSPEEDY? Join date in 2003? That was my ID when I was at Carquip and not being myself. I was in the industry long before you joined the fold, but that has nothing to do with anything.

We get it, you think you are better than everyone else. In my experience the ones pulling out their salary and comparing assets are generally the social climbers, with new money. They are desperately trying to prove themselves worthy to pretty much anyone who will listen to them. As our President would say," SAD!"
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 05-25-2018, 02:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)
More cars than sense

Quote:
And now we've warped into the pecking order of a ricer forum, by measuring join dates. Perhaps you are familiar with a username MRSPEEDY? Join date in 2003? That was my ID when I was at Carquip and not being myself. I was in the industry long before you joined the fold, but that has nothing to do with anything.

We get it, you think you are better than everyone else. In my experience the ones pulling out their salary and comparing assets are generally the social climbers, with new money. They are desperately trying to prove themselves worthy to pretty much anyone who will listen to them. As our President would say," SAD!"
Perhaps you're familiar with the username LiveFromNY? My username before I was hacked and PP couldn't get my password reset? The one with a join date of Mar 2013 before your date of Jul 2013?

You can't win.

And let's be clear, this whole ridiculous, jealously-inspired vendetta you and the rest of the loser-circus have against me didn't start with my talking about my assets or position in life. It started when, once again, the usual idiot crew was slagging a price of a car without any real facts. When I dared to disagree, I was met with ridicule of the "who do you think you are?" variety. When I attempted to explain who I was, and that I was fortunate to see many more cars than others around here due to the fact that I'm a known collector and I've bought 40 Porsches in the last 5 years - meaning a lot of cars find me that are never offered publicly for sale - I'm suddenly branded as the rich guy.

So there it is. Screw you. Yes, I'm rich. I'm not ashamed of it. I was born poor and worked hard to get rich. And, contrary to what you say, I don't think I'm better than anyone in your little group because I have more money than them. I think I'm better for a whole bunch of different reasons.
Old 05-25-2018, 03:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)
USAF VET

Garage
And.....sinker.......

MattR

Quote:
Perhaps you're familiar with the username LiveFromNY? My username before I was hacked and PP couldn't get my password reset? The one with a join date of Mar 2013 before your date of Jul 2013?

You can't win.

And let's be clear, this whole ridiculous, jealously-inspired vendetta you and the rest of the loser-circus have against me didn't start with my talking about my assets or position in life. It started when, once again, the usual idiot crew was slagging a price of a car without any real facts. When I dared to disagree, I was met with ridicule of the "who do you think you are?" variety. When I attempted to explain who I was, and that I was fortunate to see many more cars than others around here due to the fact that I'm a known collector and I've bought 40 Porsches in the last 5 years - meaning a lot of cars find me that are never offered publicly for sale - I'm suddenly branded as the rich guy.

So there it is. Screw you. Yes, I'm rich. I'm not ashamed of it. I was born poor and worked hard to get rich. And, contrary to what you say, I don't think I'm better than anyone in your little group because I have more money than them. I think I'm better for a whole bunch of different reasons.
Old 05-25-2018, 03:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
^^^ There it is. Don't you feel better now?
Old 05-25-2018, 03:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)
gearhead

Quote:

You can't win.

You're an idiot. I'm not part of any crew. I complimented the car. I wanted the car but it's beyond my pay grade. I'm not bitter or jealous. I'm happy in my life. I have no axe to grind with you, unlike some others. I made a post about an odd statement and you got all angsty and hostile because you were hutthurt at being called crass and classless. I called it a douchebag brag and you went full douchebag. Get over princess. You are meaningless to me.theres definitely nothing there to be jealous about.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 05-25-2018, 03:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)
More cars than sense

Quote:
You're an idiot. I'm not part of any crew. I complimented the car. I wanted the car but it's beyond my pay grade. I'm not bitter or jealous. I'm happy in my life. I have no axe to grind with you, unlike some others. I made a post about an odd statement and you got all angsty and hostile because you were hutthurt at being called crass and classless. I called it a douchebag brag and you went full douchebag. Get over princess. You are meaningless to me.theres definitely nothing there to be jealous about.
You sound so much like my baby sister. Except her grammar is so far superior to yours.
Old 05-25-2018, 03:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #68 (permalink)

I have been here since 04!!!! What's that get me???
Old 05-25-2018, 04:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #69 (permalink)
gearhead

Quote:
You sound so much like my baby sister. Except her grammar is so far superior to yours.
Well I am rubber and you are glue, so....

Geez, get over it man. Why do you want my approval? I don't care what you think. You shouldn't care what I think. Mutual ambivalence. Move on already.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 05-25-2018, 05:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc911s View Post
Nothing. Absolutely nothing.
Old 05-25-2018, 05:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #71 (permalink)
More cars than sense

Quote:
Well I am rubber and you are glue, so....

Geez, get over it man. Why do you want my approval? I don't care what you think. You shouldn't care what I think. Mutual ambivalence. Move on already.
Nope. That's not how it works. You don't get to call me a douchebag, or a princess, or anything else and then tell me to mind my own business. In Texas those are fighting words. You either man up or shut up. Or someone shuts you up very quickly.
Old 05-25-2018, 05:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #72 (permalink)
More cars than sense

Quote:
Free beer? You know where to find me...
Old 05-25-2018, 05:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #73 (permalink)

And well guys, I joined the Peace Corps after the first job I had after college. Made less than $100 a month for years. Then I bought arguably the worst 911 ever made by Porsche - a '75S Targa. And it still has a 2.7. That doesn't run now because of bad pistons and to top it off it's painted '80s Guards Red by Earl Scheibe in Pomona.

I guess I just roasted myself.

I've owned a lot of crap. But at the end it's what you want. If you're rich, poor, or otherwise, somethings just don't matter. I have opinions - we all do. I'm not wishing I had more money or cars. The experience is what matters to me - even if I drive a car once. And I've driven many.

I don't know why I said this. Going to bed. I really liked that 930 though. I would probably say it's once of the nicest I've seen. The color did something to my head. If I had it I would have had a hard time selling. Very few cars do that to me. I'm glad it was a good sale for ManInBlack. I would have hated to see it go for less.
Old 05-25-2018, 05:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #74 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
Nope. That's not how it works. You don't get to call me a douchebag, or a princess, or anything else and then tell me to mind my own business. In Texas those are fighting words. You either man up or shut up. Or someone shuts you up very quickly.
Only if the Texan is a princess, douchebag, or suffering from a Napoleon complex.
Old 05-25-2018, 06:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #75 (permalink)

Will your baby sister be there for the free beer?
Old 05-25-2018, 06:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #76 (permalink)
More cars than sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawknees'Turbo View Post
Only if the Texan is a princess, douchebag, or suffering from a Napoleon complex.
I'll take that for what it's worth coming from the most universally ridiculed member of these forums.
Old 05-25-2018, 08:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #77 (permalink)
More cars than sense

Quote:
Will your baby sister be there for the free beer?
Sorry, she prefers men. She's a lot like Ronnie that way. Just in better shape and she still has all her hair.
Old 05-25-2018, 08:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #78 (permalink)

Burn!
Old 05-25-2018, 08:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #79 (permalink)
gearhead

Quote:
You're threatening me over your little hurt feelings? I don't think I'm the one who needs to man up.

And you're reading comprehension is poor. I never told you to mind your own business. I said you were over-reacting, and you still are. Get over it.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 05-26-2018, 05:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #80 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: